Other E-commerce Websites:

LandsEnd.com

Pros

Cons

Lands End Online: A Nice Place to Shop for Family Clothing

I don't usually shop online for clothing but when I do, I usually try to find web sites that offer clothing for both genders, as well as for children. One clothing store that offers all of the above is **LandsEnd.com**, a retailer for clothes and more.   ** **

**Online Store Commentary:**

** **LandsEnd.com is an online retailer that sells products with the Lands End label as well as products from other manufacturers. Like many other Lands End customers, I first became familiar with the Lands End brand many years ago when I would receive their catalogs in the mail. I still get the catalogs but more often than not, my purchases are now made via the internet.

LandsEnd.com has taken the place of the Lands End catalog for me and it rates as a good place to buy clothing online. I generally do not like to purchase clothing on the internet but LandsEnd.com has been a place I have been shopping lately because I happen to work for an employer that pays for articles of clothing purchased through Landsend.com as long as the clothing includes our company logo. With nothing to risk, I gladly selected a few monogrammed shirts and placed an order, then waited for my package to arrive. Not only did I get the order in the promised time frame, it was actually delivered ahead of schedule and included some online discounts for future purchases.  One thing you will notice immediately when you visit LandsEnd.com is that this web site offers a nice selection of clothing. The men's section is pretty nice for an online clothing store, offering almost 200 shirts and about 110 pants. The women's section is even better and there is a large range of sizes in all clothing departments. This is enough that most everyone who shops here should be able to find something they like. I also noticed that the pages at LandsEnd.com load very quickly. In no time at all, you can click from page to page, fill your shopping cart, and place your online order. The site is also very good for its intuitive design and it even accepts Sears credit cards for payment, along with the usual credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc. As for the clothing, it is good quality and it holds up for many years. Many clothing items will also give you the option to add a monogram to your selection. Like I alluded to above, this is the main reason why my place of employment continues to use LandsEnd.com. Shirts and other items can have a simple lettered monogram or a company logo added. A company logo will require extra time and a possible call or online chat with a LandsEnd.com sales rep to get it right, but single letters, initials, or words can be added very easily. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

LandsEnd.com is a very nice place to shop for clothing with an intuitive web site design, good selection, and Lands End quality. It would be nice if Landsend.com offered free shipping on specific order sizes, but the overall LandsEnd.com experience is positive enough that I can overlook this flaw.

"Satisfaction Guaranteed" is a lie

I bought an electric blanket through Land's End because they touted it as being more comfortable than any other blanket out there, because the wires are smaller. What they failed to mention is that it took a very long time for this blanket to ever get up to temperature. I was willing to live with that (though not happily), but then one of the two controls failed. My husband offered to switch controls, since he doesn't often even turn the blanket on, but then two weeks later, in the midst of the worst cold Chicago has seen in my memory (-24!), the other control failed, leaving me with a worthless blanket. Then the control seemed to work again but the blanket wouldn't heat at all. I had to go out and buy a blanket, since I really couldn't wait even a few days to get a new one in the midst of the Arctic chill.

I called Land's End to find out how to return the blanket for credit, and they said that they don't handle electric blankets, that I would have to deal with the manufacturer. I asked about their "Satisfaction Guaranteed" policy and was told, basically, tough luck. In addition, the manufacturer only has customer service hours Monday to Friday during work hours. Like many people, I can't make or receive personal phone calls while at work, and I sure am not going to risk losing my job to call these blanket people. (The company is just looking for reasons to fire people!) I left them a message asking to be called outside of work hours, but so far no response.

If I had known that the electric blanket was something Lands End wouldn't stand behind, I would never have ordered it from them. What other items are exceptions to their supposed guarantee? It's just wrong that they are allowed to advertise this way if they don't do what they say they will - stand behind the product.

Great Website, Great Products!

from MI

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

LandsEnd.com is a great website that carries item for everyone in the family: men, women, children, shoes, home items as well as school backpacks and lunch boxes. The website is neatly organized and easy to navigate. The front page is clean and it is very simple and fast to find exactly what category you are searching for.

Toward the end of summer I went to LandsEnd.com in search of a great lunch box for my kids who would be starting school in the fall. My daughter goes full time and takes a lunch from home every single day. We were able to find a great insulated lunch box, that we then customized on the website with her name and graphic of her choice. So far, even after nearly a full year of school and taking a lunch 5 days per week, the lunch box has held up very well and is still in great shape. I am very impressed with this purchase from LandsEnd.com. The ordering and checkout process was easy and flawless. The items were delivered fast and just as ordered, with the names and graphic embroidered on the front just as requested. This was my first experience actually placing an order on the website, but I was very impressed and definitely will order again. Great products that are made with excellent quality.

Good but just not the same

from Huntingdon, PA

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

I've worn Land's End for what seems forever. The original oxford - cotton - was great. The Hyde Park was also. Now the Hyde Park more resembles the original oxford and original oxford is gone. Please - I just purchased 2 Hyde Parks and will wear them. I'd pay more for the 'good stuff' without hesitation. Wish it was still available. I like a starched shirt and all these no iron shirts will not take it. You used to advertise the 'drape' of a good shirt - I miss that also. Please go back.

Big fan!

from Troy NY

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

I am a big fan of LandsEnd.com ... I love the brand, I feel like everything I purchased has fit well and been of superior quality. I have LandsEnd clothing that has lasted me for more than a decade at this point.

The website is super easy to navigate, and there's usually free shipping if you purchase a certain dollar value.

I am particularly a big fan of the swimwear - because I feel like their swimsuits last a lot longer than other brands (at least three seasons), and that the cut and fit of them are much more suited to gals in their thirties than pretty much anything you can find at the mall.

Plus another awesome aspect, is that I can buy two sizes from the website - and then return whichever one doesn't fit to their outlet in my local Sears... which is super helpful.

I would wholeheartedly recommend LandsEnd.com to all everyone out there - it's great for all ages and sizes!

Landsend.com

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

Best website for high quality outdoor and warm clothes! They also clothes and accessories for all the other seasons, but I love the winter clothes they sell the best. The coats, sweaters, pants, boots, and accessories are the absolute warmest and the quality can not be beat. The clothes are not only warm and high quality, but they are fashionable too. I have ordered more sweaters and items from this website than I can count, and now that I have little ones I order their winter wear here too. The home section is nice too, high quality bedding, towels, and blankets. They have something for the whole family and even wonderful Holiday gifts that can be personalized. Prices are always right and shipping is free if you spend over $50. I have yet to be disappointed with anything I have ever bought off this website.

Select the category you want to shop in from the top and shop away!

Product Selection
Huge selection of clothes, home items, and accessories.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is very fast and free if you spend over $50.

• Shipping and Returns:

One of the best mail order companies out there

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

I love Lands End. Especially their interlock polos, they're so soft and fit so nicely. And their products are built to last. Bought some towels from them and it was years, I mean YEARS before they started to show any sign of wear or age. Plus, when I do need to make a return, they make it so very easy. I cannot recommend them enough.

Great website. It's very easy to sort through to quickly find what you're looking for, or to see related items to what it is you're interested in.

Product Selection
Maybe it's just my tastes that align with what they carry, but I love their selection.

Product Pricing
They're certainly not the cheapest products out there, but far from the most expensive. For the quality you get, and the service backing them up, it's a steal.

Customer Service
The few times I've had to engage customer service, they've been top-notch. They seem to really believe in their products and want to stand behind them, but more importantly, they want their customers to be truly happy with their purchases.

Shipping and Returns
They ship FAST. I'd order something on Monday and have it before they end of the week, and that's without paying for extra-fast service. And returns are very hassle-free.

• Shipping and Returns:

Returns are a nightmare!!!

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

Purchased a pair of pants that are hemmed by Lands End. They hemmed them wrong, so I returned them. I paid for the order with PayPal (1st mistake don't repeat!). I had to pay shipping both ways. It took SEVEN business days for the shipment USPS 2 day to get there and another FIVE business days for the credit. And although I called, I did not get the shipping credited back to me. :-(.

Who bills for returns when its their fault? Who takes this long to process returns? Really? Do they do everything by hand?

Customer Service
Charging for return shipping when the issue is your fault is beyond poor customer service.

Shipping and Returns
Took way too long for the return shipment. I tracked it. The shipment sat in a warehouse at Lands End on return for five days. Doing what? It was a pair of pants. Scary. The rest of the return process was very difficult. Processing the return on their end (no pun intended) was long and drawn out.

Love this company!

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

LandsEnd.com is a great online retailer. I really enjoy shopping online with Lands End and am often able to find exactly what I am looking for. I typically only shop on LandsEnd.com when an item is on sale or I am able to find a high value discount code for the website. I like being able to sort my search results by price (low to high) and also by rating. I find that the ratings section of this website are detailed and accurate and provide a lot of helpful information that helps me make decisions about which items I will or will not purchase. I do find that this website loads a little bit slowly on my iPad but it loads just fine on my laptop computer. The checkout process is a little cumbersome when you are first establishing your account but goes much more smoothly once your account is established. Overall, I enjoy shopping on LandsEnd.com and recommend it!

Product Pricing
Lands End prices are competitive.

• Shipping and Returns:

My all-time favorite place to order!!

from Wisconsin

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

Where do I start?! I am on Land's End's website probably every other day. I'm addicted. If I only have time to go shopping on one website, it's always LE. The beauty of it is that once you know your size at LE, it's pretty much always going to be that size. They are the most consistent company with sizing I've ever dealt with, and I deal with a lot of websites. It's how I do all my shopping for me, my husband and two kids. It's how I do ALL of my Christmas shopping, gift buying, back to school shopping, etc. A lot of people don't even realize this but on LE's sale page, there is what they call on-the-counter where they mark items down 25% off the already-sale price. Whatever is left two days later gets marked down another 25% and two days later whatever is left is marked down another 25% off. You can get things for way below cost. By the end of the week, however, there usually isn't anything left. I love using their website, too. It's one of the easiest to use and the least cluttered. You get very good pictures of what the product looks like and I feel like the reviews of each item from customers are reliable, too. Usually you can get more than one view of an item, such as the front and the back. The picture will also show the item in different colors, too, rather than just a square of color that's hard to tell what the item actually looks like in that color. I am rarely disappointed in whatever I order from them. Quality is high. Returns are easy, but again, I rarely have anything to return. Customer service has always been the best in the market. It's actually a joy to work with those people. One thing I've noticed lately, however, is that a person doesn't answer the phones as quickly as they used to. I use their online chat most of the time now (awesome!) but once in awhile I need to call in and I get voice mail. I wish Lands' End would carry dishes and intimate apparel again like they used to. There are a lot of things they use to sell but don't anymore and I miss it. I do like, too, how they are selling more and more stylish and modern cut wear. I like my clothes fitted and not so boxy. Oh, just writing this review is making me want to get on their website.

Great Quality

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

I buy all of my swimming suits from Land's End.com. They are more expensive but they last forever and fit so much better than anything I can find in a store. They have a wide variety of clothing items and accessories. They are more expensive overall, but make up for that with the high quality they offer. Shoes that I bought three years ago are still going strong after heavy use. I've made one return shopping with them, but they've made it easy to return things to a sears store so I didn't have to ship it back which was convenient. I do miss the Overstock section online that they used to have; the prices were a lot less for the same kind of products. The sale and clearance sections don't seem to have the best discount that the overstocks did. The site is very easy to navigate and uncluttered. I've never had problems finding things or sorting what I want. I always like to check and see what's available online and the site is so easy to use.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great site for iron-free shirts

from Utah

Comments about LandsEnd.com:

I typically choose my clothes for the day based on which ones are the least wrinkled and do not require ironing. So I was very excited to try landsend.com wrinkle-free colored shirts that require no ironing. I was looking for three to four shirts to be able to wear to the office during the week. The site had exactly what I was looking for, and I am thinking of going back to the site again to buy some more.

It was very easy to navigate the site and find the exact section that had the type of shirts I was looking for.

Product Selection
I specifically wanted to find shirts that could be worn with a tie or without one. The site had several options of ones with simple patterns that could work the way I wanted. I especially appreciated that I was able to find a particular style of shirt that had different options for both the color and the pattern.

Customer Service
Since it's hard to tell how clothes will fit when you buy them online, I contacted customer support to ask about the design and cut of their shirts. They were able to answer my questions quickly and give me a good idea of how some of the different styles would fit. When I received them, I found that customer service had been accurate in describing a style that would fit me well.