3.9
Lamictal
Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication

Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication

3.9

Lamictal is the answer to my prayers!

I started having grand mal seizures one day out of the blue, and ended up going to the emergency room.  I had numerous tests performed on my head, some of which were performed multiple times to ensure that nothing was missed.  To this day, my neurologist has no idea what causes my seizures, and this is his specialty in neurology.I went through a rigamarol of medications to control my seizures, and one of these was Lamictal.  All I have to say is thank god that this medication exists!!!  This was the 6th anticonvulsant medication that I was put on and the only one capable of controlling my seizures.  I take 150mg twice a day; this is not a very high dosage for seizure control but it works for me.  Another use for lamictal is to create emotional stability- it is apparently used for things like depression and bipolar disorders.  While I have not had any problems with these conditions, I had become aware that my mood is a little more consistent then it was before.  This is a medication that I would freely recommend to anyone that has a problem with epilepsy or a mood disorder.

Great when supplemented

I have many many physical and neurological alighments, they have put me on many many medications.  I have been on Lamictal for about 2 years now.  now for those who are taking this medication you may see no improvement in any of your symptoms... Don't let this discourage you.  The improvement may not be noticed but you will notice what it was doing for you when you go off of it.  The medication has the usual side effects, nausea, aching, etc.  However I haven't experienced any of these.  The pill is easy to take and usually taken once a day.  I take it in the morning and notice a calm feeling without feeling medicine head that some other medications like this will give you.  Personally I don't know the effects of this medicine when taken alone.  I take it in conjucntion with other medications to treat my personal ailgment.  I would do the research on this one because it can weaken the effects of other medication such as birthcontrol, and it can also lower sperm count in men.  This isn't generally told in product descriptions but I was told this by my doctor

A useful and effective drug for treating tonic-clonic seizures

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I was diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 17 and since then I've been taking Lamictal for 8 months. I started on a low dose of 200mg, and whilst on that dose I had a tonic-clonic seizure which wasn't even half as bad. This suggested that the drug was helping, so my doctor has since told me to increase to 500mg. Although it isn't 100% effective with focal-partial seizures (20 second episodes of severe deja vu), it does the job just fine in controlling the proper scary stuff. You just need to give it time and if necessary, increase the dose. I am also taking another drug, Keppra, to treat my focal-partials. This drug is therefore very practical as you can take other medication alongside and is easy to use. It also lightens your mood somehow.

Lamictal

from Bacliff, TX

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I have been treated for Bipolar disorder for 15 years.  Lamictal is the one anti-depressant that does not cause the condition to worsen ( others , like prozac actually aggravate the problem from depressions to a manic state)  and has no side affects.  I have tried eveything and this is the safest

This drug has changed my life!

from Saint Clair, MO

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I started using this medication about 1 and a half years ago.  The effects of the drug were immediate.  It slowed down my thinking and allowed me to see things in ways that I never had been able to before.   Since being on this drug, I am much more able to concentrate and my mood swings are insignificant.  It has not caused weight gain al all.  In fact, I have lost weight.  It has been a lifesaver for me!

Great at controlling seizures - very few side effects.

from Fountain Inn, SC

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I've had epilepsy for 10 years now and have been on numerous medications. I'm now only on Lamictal. I have great seizure control and the side effects are minimal for me.   I have a headache only once in a great while, and, like every other aed, it makes me tired sometimes.  It has been a great find!

Keeps me sane

from Molalla, OR

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I have been on lamictal for almost a year now. It has helped me out to the full extent. I am bipolar, and have realized that it does help me from going to far up or to far down. I didnt want to take it seeing as I liked the way I felt when I was up. It made me feel high almost, and like I could do anything. With this pill it helps keep me sane, and down to earth.The last thing I need is to be called on it and lose everything i have.

Lamictal helps me function, and be a part of my own life.

from Bozeman, MT

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I have been taking *Lamictal* for about three years now. I have had my ups and downs with the medicine, but overall, the benifits have outweighs the side effects. I have Bipolar Disorder, and *Lamictal* helps keep my mood swings in control. I'm not normally on a mood stabilizer for longer than one and a half years because they gradually stop working. My mood swings are still present, but I can still go about my everyday life as long as I keep track of them. I have had side effects before. I had my dose raised from 250 mg to 300 mg. I started having itchy eyes, that started to burn after a week. I wasn't producing enough tears to keep my eyes moist, and was constantly blinking. My eyes got swollen, and after I talked to my doctor about the symptoms, she told me that there are rare cases of eye problems with this medication. I went back to my previous dose of 250 mg, and my eyes felt normal within a few days.

Lamictal is the answer to my prayers!

from Tucson, AZ

Great when supplemented

from Portland, OR

Makes me gag

from Long Beach, CA

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

My neurologist put me on **Lamictal **during the last trimester of my pregnancy. Before then, I'd only been on Dilantin, Lamictal taste nasty, chalky, and gets stuck in my throat making me gag sometimes. It's working well for my grand mal seizures, but I still have petite mal daily. I wish that there was something else I could take to get me off the meds I'm currently on. However, my doctor told me that Lamictal is a safer drug for women in their childbearing years. It's also used for bi-polar, but I honestly don't believe it, I've had more emotinal melt downs since I started taking this than every before.

It's actually working for me!

from Provo, UT

Comments about Lamictal Anti-Epilepsy Medication:

I suffer from fairly severe depression, but it comes and goes, almost like bipolar but without the mania. My psychiatrist was trying to find somehting to augment my Celexa, because I was feeling horrible. We tried Buspar, which made things worse, and then Lamictal, which appears to be working! I am now functional and fairly content most of the time. I'm not numb, or excessively tired, and the only side effect I experienced was a mild rash which is going away (I'm on week 4).