Other Baby Carriers:
Lamaze Close Comfort Sling Infant Baby Carrier

Lamaze Close Comfort Sling Infant Baby Carrier

No Redeeming Qualities.

Comments about Lamaze Close Comfort Sling Infant Baby Carrier:

I purchased this sling at a kid sale, before our baby was born. He weighed almost 8lbs at birth, but I waited until about 10lbs before we tried this sling. He hated it. It was uncomfortable for me and for him. We tried again when he was around 15lbs, but he wanted no part of being confined, with out being able to look around, like he can with our other carriers.
The design has to be worn across the shoulders, and then baby fits in like a hammock. Too small and I worry about suffocation, but too big and I worry about rolling out of the sides. It's not a snug fit for a older, mobile baby.
The plastic ring on the shoulder is uncomfortable for anyone wearing baby. The design seems to not allow good air flow, and could lead to overheating with extended use.
The only way I was able to make it useful was for nursing, if I was seated, it gave me some added support, but again the ring on the shoulder is uncomfortable.

• Safety:
  • Baby's Comfort:
  • Parents' Comfort:

Serious safety concerns with this sling.

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Lamaze Close Comfort Sling Infant Baby Carrier:

I had one of these for about a day, then prompty returned it.

First of all, it is worn like a purse, either over your shoulder or across the body. The shoulder strap is not comfortable whatsoever. Even for a young infant that weighs less than ten pounds. It will dig in, and it will hurt.

Also, there is some type of foam padding in the bottom of it, that I worry will be too hot for any period of time. If the baby is placed in the sling on its side, I worry that they will turn their face into the padding and potentially suffocate.

There are also mesh vents in the sides, but again, that's not somewhere I'd want my newborn putting her face. It can be dangerous.

The worst part of the sling is the top of it. There are elastic rails that keep the top snug to your body. This keeps the air from flowing freely in and out of the inside of the sling, where your baby is. It also changes the position of the baby, and may make it harder for them to breathe properly.

I believe this "bag" type of sling has been recalled for all of these reasons. They are dangerous and not comfortable.