Other Space Heaters:

Cons

Big, powerful heater!

from Edgewater, FL

Comments about Lakewood Electric Utility/Portable Heater:

This portable heater has been in my husbands family for years yet still works great! It is on the bigger side, but it is fine with me. It has an adjustable temperature so it heats to that point then shuts off and so on. The other part of that is that it is loud and rattles. We took it camping with us and it heats a 23 foot travel trailer though just fine and we were warm even though it was 30 degrees outside. We keep it in our big master bathroom to heat while showering and it gets cozy in there too. I have a feeling this space heater will be around for a while more and I am ok with that. Yes, it's big, it rattles, and its loud but it heats great!

Safety
I don't let my kids get too close, the slats where the heat comes out are a bit wide and little fingers could easily get in there....

• Safety:

Puts out some great heat for a small heater

from Ellwood City, PA

Comments about Lakewood Electric Utility/Portable Heater:

We have several space heaters and alternate their use. The Lakewood is by far the one that heats a room up the best. It is on the noisy side and therefore we give it a rest when we sleep or when we are watching Tv. Yes it is that noisy because it pushes out the heat and therefore heats the room much better then the Pellonis oil filled heaters which are very quiet and they only space heaters we can sleep with. But if you want to warm a room up fast and keep the whole room warm this is your heater of choice as it has proven to be our best source of heat through several years of great performance. We do have to clean the dust out of it several times a season but it's not too bad of a job and lets the heater run better and a bit less noisy.

It gets dusty and it is noisy.

Safety
We only use this when we are in the same room and awake. I do not feel this is a safe heater to sleep with or leave unattended.

Turn Up the Heat!

from Goodyear, AZ

Comments about Lakewood Electric Utility/Portable Heater:

I must say, this Lakewood Electric Utility/Portable Heater has saved the day on several occasions. Most recently, I earned a new position where I work, so I had to relocate my office to a different building. Typically, I would say new office or new building, but in this case, I was moving to a building that was built on the 1950s- 1960s era with little to no renovating since. Needless-to-say, it does get cold in Arizona. I found this out recently, when I realized that it was 60 degrees in my office because the heat had not been turned on in the building. I knew what I had to do. I had my Lakewood Heater at home and it was going to come with me the next day. As expected, the temps were still low and my office started the day around 60, but after using the heater, it quickly became a nice and toasty- 70 degrees. Not only did the heater save the day, but it also met all fire code requirements because it has an automatic power-off switch and also turns itself off if it is tipped over. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone! Plus, the price is very reasonable and it is super-easy to use.

Warm and toasty in just minutes!

Super-easy!

Very durable!

Not the prettiest, but it serves its purpose!

Safety
Adheres to our strict fire codes!