2.6

2.6

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Browsing for Brand-Name Bargains...

Chances are, when the latest edition of The Lakeside Collection catalog arrives on your doorstep, you'll probably find something you'll want to buy.   This bright and glossy catalog is so packed with page upon page of trinkets and wares that it may be days before you come up for air.  The companion website--lakeside.com--is a virtual treasure trove of inexpensive giftware, apparel, home decor, and toys.  Once I've had the pleasure of thumbing through the catalog, I typically place my order through their website.  You can easily browse by theme, catalog edition, price point, and category.  If you have the catalog item number, you can fast-track to that portion of website and place your order in minutes.  But, even if I know the item number, I admit to being a bit of a browser.  I won't finalize my order just in case there's something on the website that wasn't in my most recent catalog.  I'm a bit obsessive about this point.

My most recent purchase from the Lakeside Collection** **was for gifts for some toddlers in my life--I'm grandma to one and auntie to several.   Both the catalog and the website feature a large selection of licensed character merchandise, such as:  Disney Princess Dress-Up Magnet Set ($4.95); Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Phone ($11.95); Disney Cars and Sesame Street Learn & Carry Books/CD Sets ($7.95).   In all, there were nearly 100 suitable toys and games to choose from.

My favorite gift to give young children is something educational.  Preferably a book, but I'm also known to give book/CD combos.  Happily, I found Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street DVD/Activity books ($14.95 ea.) that I knew my grandson in particular would enjoy.  It came with a kid-friendly remote control, so I figured if he had a toy one he could leave our TV remote alone.

The buoyant part of the Lakeside experience is the browsing and selecting.  The *letting-the-air-out-of-the-balloon* part is waiting to see if (a) it is really in stock, and (b) if it can be shipped and delivered before the recipient turns another year older.

For example, the shopping bag doesn't indicate whether or not the products are in stock, back-ordered, or require additional shipping time.  And woe to you if you let your shopping cart sit inactive for longer than 45 minutes.  If you do, the checkout portion may time out and you'll have to repeat the selection process.

At any rate, my order was placed on the 16th but didn't leave the warehouse until the 29th. When I checked the status of the order, it was vaguely labeled as "in process."  A week after the shipping confirmation, my purchases arrived.  I'm happy with the items and I do think they were a good bargain.

One last point.  After this order, I subsequently purchased a Fisher-Price infant toy expecting it to arrive in standard, colorful, Fisher-Price retail packaging like you'd find on a store shelf.  However, I was a bit surprised that it arrived in a simple white box like you see in the dollar stores.  I checked out the toy, and it appeared in every way to be the genuine brand and worked perfectly well. It's just that if you intend to give it as a gift, don't be surprised that the packaging *may* differ from what's on a retail shelf.  This only happened once, but it's worth mentioning.

All in all, I will continue to patronize the Lakeside Collection with these thoughts in mind:  buy early and browse often.

Beware of ever ordering from this company!

Lakeside Collection puts out a very attractice catalog full of cute items.  However, beware of ordering from them.  I ordered over $200 of items - and mind you, they don't offer coupon codes or any free shipping that I could find despite looking high and low---and I got most of the items ordered.  I was disappointed in the quality and the fact that they didn't look alot like the pictures in some cases.  Also, I was completely missed one item and instead received a large wooden plaque that I did not order.  I returned several items and had to wait over 3 weeks for a credit, had to pack up the plaque and return it before they would agree to send the item I was missing, and they are literally IMPOSSIBLE to reach by telephone, and it is not even a toll-free number.  THe line rings busy constantly, morning or afternoon.  This was a terrrible experience and I will never deal with them again.

About the same as others of its kind.

from Florida

Comments about Lakeside.com:

The Lakeside Collection is a online shopping experience that is set up much like many others of its kind. I have used their website a few times to order odds and ends, and have not been blown away by the products - but also haven't been overly dissatisfied by my purchases.

I ordered a few pillows and blankets with my last order and have used them in the spare room for when I have guests. They haven't complained yet, and when I first got them I tried them out as well. The blankets are decently made and are nice and thick. They aren't anything remarkable but they'll do. The pillows are actually better than I expected them to be- again nothing too fancy but good for the price.

All the products that I have ordered through Lakeside Collection have been decently made. It's kind of a mixed bag when it comes from ordering from them. Some times I am surprised by the products- sometimes they are just about what I expected and a couple times I have been slightly let down- but nothing too terrible.

The ordering process is pretty painless and easy. There's not a whole lot to complain about . I haven't had any issues making orders. Shipping is pretty easy and I haven't ever had any issues receiving my order from them within the given amount of time.

Good variety of products.

from Florida

Comments about Lakeside.com:

The Lakeside Collection is in essence no different than the many many other different mail order catalogs that are out there, besides the catalog is presented a little better.

The products are a little better quality at least from personal experience. I have ordered from them as well as from several other mail order catalogs and have been pleased with just about everything from Lakeside.

I am a stickler for kitchen gadgets and had ordered some storage for my kitchen from another company and was disappointed when it wasn't what I was expecting so I turned to Lakeside in hopes of finding what I was looking for and did. It ended up being a great choice. Since that initial order Ive replaced most of my pots and pans from ordering from Lakeside as well.

Catalog and website are both easy to use. They also offer phone ordering .

Product Selection
I'm only giving them a seven out of ten because it's essentially the same products that are in every other mail order or mail order turned website around.

• Shipping and Returns:

The Lakeside Collection has an amazing assortment of products!

from shoreline, CT

Comments about Lakeside.com:

i have ordered from The Lakeside Collection for many years. I received my first catalog around Christmas, and was thrilled to find that it was easy to shop online as well. They have many seasons worth of products online, and sales!

The website is easy to use, but I like having the catalog in my hands as well to browse through. The pictures online often do not do the products justice!

Product Selection
There is something for everyone at this site! Men, women, boys and girls, and pets also. I have gotten great holiday gifts from The Lakeside Collection!

Product Pricing
I think that the pricing is very reasonable, and I find items in The Lakeside Collection that I would not find anywhere else.

Shipping and Returns
I had to return a broken item once, but I paid shipping to return it. And the item was no longer available. I would check the return policy again before ordering as it may have changed, it was a while ago. I have to admit that I could never count on a speedy shipment. I had to order very early, much before I needed the items, to ensure they would be delivered on time for my needs. Still a fun place to shop!

• Shipping and Returns:

Good to use if you have to gift a lot

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Lakeside.com:

While I don't think the quality of a lot of their products is very good, it serves a purpose. You can get a lot of product for the dollar, and it's great if you have to gift give a lot or have a lot of people to buy for on a very limited budget. The main thing I wasn't happy about with them is that a lot of what I ordered came separately and on different days.

No problem using their site nor placing an order. An easy as any other site. Just make sure you select the right item if there's a choice of color or size or whatever. They sell a LOT of stuff!

Product Selection
Lots and lots to choose from. You might want to ask them to send you a catalog if you like to sit down and leisurely shop from your laptop. But I like their website just as well, and you can go quickly to items if you're looking for a specific product or already know what you want.

Product Pricing
Ninety percent of their stuff is a lot cheaper than you can get anywhere else and it's the same quality.

They were okay.

Shipping and Returns
I have experience with returning anything, but shipping can be sporadic and your items may not all ship together.

The Lakeside Collection

Comments about Lakeside.com:

Overall the lakeside collection is a wonderful shopping website. It literally has a little bit of everything. You can get clothes for your entire family, home decor, outside decor, toys, games, books, and certain foods. I like shopping on this site for stuff for my house, I have found some great candles, blankets, and wall decor and the pricing is exceptional. They have a bargain section on the site that has discontinued or out of season items marked really low. This site is great for holiday shopping, they have a huge selection of holiday gifts and decor. My only complaint is the shipping, there shipping costs are outrageous! I find myself wanting items but then not ordering because I don't want to pay the shipping.

They have the site broken down into easy to use categories. You can either shop by catalog or by product category. They usually have a catalog come out every season and it's completely viewable online on the site.

Product Selection
They have a very large selection of items, you will spend hours on the site looking through everything.

Product Pricing
Pricing is pretty competitive with similar items found on other sites.

Never had to use.

Shipping and Returns
There shipping costs are very high. They charge a flat rate based on amount you spent which I find ridiculous. Whether you buy $100 of very small light items, or $100 of larger heavier items, you pay the same shipping.

Good site

from Utah

Comments about Lakeside.com:

I was looking for a phone charger that could charge phones but also be able to hold the phones so they do not need to sit on a counter or end table where they can easily be knocked down. I found a double charging station on this website that can hold two smartphones (on on either side of the piece that plugs into the wall). Our experience with the site was great, and I would definitely consider using it again.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping policy is the worst thing about this site. Even though the charger we bought was less than $15, the shipping was still about $6. Above the price range we spent, the shipping goes up the more you spend. This is the opposite of what I like to see, as many sites give free shipping after spending a certain amount of money. There have been things on this site that were a good deal but that I chose not to buy because the shipping would cost too much to make it worthwhile.

A cheap place to buy Christmas and Birthday Presents

Comments about Lakeside.com:

I first heard about Lakeside from my mother a few months back. She had showed a catalog she had received in the mail from them. I have to say the prices are amazing! They are very affordable and anyone would be dumb not to buy things from them. I have not yet ordered anything from them yet,but after I get some money you better believe I will! They have many products to choose from. They have clothing, tons of stuff you could buy for your home, some toys, personalized gifts and much more. I highly recommend checking out Lakeside, you wouldn't believe how low the prices are on some of the merchandise.

The website is easy to navigate and easy to find products you are looking for.

Product Pricing
A lot of cheap merchandise I could buy for my home. Lakeside has a lot of different gifts I can buy for my whole family. I am definitely going to do some Christmas shopping online at Lakeside.com this upcoming holiday!

Customer Service
Have not talked to customer service yet.

Shipping and Returns
I have not bought anything yet, but will very soon.

• Shipping and Returns:

Very neat items but the quality is low and shipping is slow.

Comments about Lakeside.com:

Lakeside.com offers a very wide variety of gifts, most of which you cannot find in stores. That is the main reason I decided to shop with them. It was Christmas time and I was tired of seeing the same things in the stores every year. I wanted to find more unique gifts. Lakeside.com definitely has that. You can browse through several catalogs and there are a ton of things to choose from. I found items for everyone on my list that I hadn't yet bought for. I had a great experience up until it came time to pay for the items and have them shipped. While the items were very reasonably priced, the shipping costs are not. I've been on the website multiple times and I'm on the mailing list but I've never once seen a shipping discount that was very great. The only one I've seen was for free shipping on orders over $100 and I've only seen that offer once. Shipping was very slow. If I hadn't ordered the items months before Christmas, I wouldn't have gotten them in time. Another negative is that the quality of a couple of the items I ordered was low. For example, one item was a canvas print and while it was very cute, the hanger for it was glued completely crooked. Whoever attached it was obviously very careless. One positive thing I will say is that the gifts I bought from Lakeside.com were neat and the people I bought the gifts for were happy. If Lakeside.com offered better shipping costs, I'd probably shop there again.

Great Gifts

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Lakeside.com:

Lakeside is a great website for obtaining novel gift items that are very inexpensive. They offer such a variety of items that it is possible to find something here for even the hardest to please individual. They offer great gift ideas for all ages. Orders are shipped in a timely manner and delicate items always seem to be packed very well to survive the shipping process.
They also offer the option of ordering their gift catalogs in print which is nice for those people who may not have access to a computer. This option makes it easier to buy for children in that you can hand them a catalog and they can peruse the selection of items and then tell you what they like or want.
Lakeside offers many products that are sports team oriented making it easy to please the sports enthusiast in your life. The items available tend to be a little unique in that you won't see them on several different websites so the receiver of the gift product can feel a little more special in that sense.

Lots of fun stuff!

Comments about Lakeside.com:

I got a Lakeside Collection catalog in the mail and it is so fun to look through it and see all the different things they offer. I seen they had a website, so I had to check that out too. They have so many fun things at decent prices. They have a lot of As Seen On Tv products much cheaper than on tv and in stores. They have a lot of really nice toys and tons of different home decorations, so much more than in the catalog. Shipping prices aren't too crazy, but the shipping time is not that great. And items are often out of stock or back ordered and they are horrible about informing you. You either get your order and then find out, or call to check the status and then they inform you. If you are getting something and don't have a set time to get it in, then you won't have much to worry about. But if you are ordering something for Christmas, definitely have a back up plan as that seems to be the worst time for out of stock items and super slow delivery.