Other Sunscreens:
La Roche-Posay
La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Melt-In Cream SPF 50

La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Melt-In Cream SPF 50

My favourite sun protector (dry sensitive skin)

Comments about La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Melt-In Cream SPF 50:

It protects reasonably well my dry sensitive skin. I use it after day cream.

The scent is a bit weird, like pharmaceutical products.

Absorption
It's well absorbed if you apply a day cream before.

Longevity
I apply again every 6 hours.

It's effective even while swimming all day.
In this case it should be renewed every 2 hours.

Ease of Application
I apply it easily with my fingertips on clean, dry skin.

• Absorption:
  • Longevity:
  • Ease of Application:

Indespensible to my skin care regimen

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Melt-In Cream SPF 50:

Living in sunny Southern California, you MUST use sunscreen or look like a raisin as you age.  This is the best sunscreen for your face.  It's not greasy, so you don't have to worry about breaking out.  It feels light and comfortable so your face doesn't itch.  It is lightly tinted, which I think all facial sunscreens should be, so you can cut out one step.  (It's a pain to apply face serum, face cream, sunscreen and foundation.)  It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than plastic surgery. I used to use a lovely sunscreen from Japan not available in the US.  It went on as well as La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 50+ SPF tinted cream and seemed to block the sun as well also, but I became concerned about the health risks of a sunscreen that was being absorbed into my skin everyday.  I had no idea what the ingredients were.  I started doing some online research and found a website that tests sunscreens for their effectiveness and health risks.  Some of the sunscreens that tested well were not available except by ordering and others were greasy, heavy, chalky, smelly or etc.  I was so glad when I found Anthelios XL 50+ SPF tinted cream.  It tested well as very effective and having low health risks.  But the shallow side of me just likes that it goes on nicely and has a light tint that makes my skin look better.