4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

The Best Moisturizer On Planet Earth

**Thank God, for the inventor of La Mer!  I've tried everything.... and I mean everything, from generic Oil of Olay to Prada. ( Yes, Prada has skin care products)  I had acne as a teenager that left one side of my face scarred.  I continued to have acne up into my late 20's.  When I got older I was faced with not clogging my pores or doing something about the fine lines?  I chose the lines.This cream is truly a miracle.  It doesn't clog pores, it minimizes scarring, you can put it under the eye, use it for chapped lips, etc.... it's expensive and worth every penny!**

La Mer Creme De La Mer is too expensive for the way it works.

La Mer Creme de la Mer is over-priced for the way it works. It definitely moisturizes but you only notice it a little. Your face will feel smoother and softer, but it takes awhile to work. You might notice a difference in your skin in about a month. That’s too long for me to consider this product producing good results. This cream doesn’t last very long because of the small container it comes in. The container has a cute design with fancy writing. It will moisturize your skin and you will notice. The texture of this cream is soft and creamy; at least it feels that way when you rub it on your face. It takes awhile to absorb and it will clog your pores if you have oily skin. I wouldn’t use it on acne-prone skin either. It works well on dry skin and sensitive skin. I wouldn’t use it on oily skin because it’s a moisturizer, and if you have really oily skin, this product wouldn’t be right for you. The texture of this cream is thick, and you have to find ways to make it thinner for a smoother texture. That’s only my opinion. You might look a little younger after using this stuff, but you’d have to buy a lot of it. If you want intense regeneration of your skin, you’d have to buy a lot of this. La Mer Creme de la Mer cream is “way too much” for the way it works. You can find it at very high-end stores, as they have the best selection. If you have money to blow on a cream that kind of works then you might like this one.

Not what I expected

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

I never understood why my mother had so many bottles of anti wrinkling moisturizers when I was younger until I started using them. Now I realize why because even tho some of them make a fantastic lotion and may work on some spots they just do not work every where. This is one of those kinds of creams. When I originally purchased it I wanted it to help tighten my face and make my face look younger. For my face it just did not work very well. However on my feet knees and elbows this cream does a fantastic job. It is a little expensive for a foot lotion but it does do an incredible job at softening my heals and knees.

Absorption
This cream does absorb very quickly and evenly and there is no greasy feeling after I use it.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I can not really say for sure. I did not use it on my face long enough to find out and now I mainly use it on my feet so I can not tell if it is clogging pores on my feet at all.

For the intended use of this cream it does not work very well. I tried it multiple times on my face and it just never seemed to take off. However as a foot lotion it may be the best I have personally ever used.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Excellent for Winter Protection!

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

The first thing that you notice about La Mer is how thick and rich it is. While this can make it difficult to apply if the product has been stored in a cool place, it speaks to the quality of the moisturizer. Despite the thickness of the product, it does not clog pores or agitate greasy spots, but instead helps protect the skin against the elements by providing a solid barrier against wind and cold. I received a sample of this product in a shopping grab bag and started using it as an eye cream during the winter to give the delicate skin under my eyes extra protection against weather damage. Not only did the product keep my skin from drying out, it helped smooth out some problems that I've developed from too many late nights with little sleep and too much squinting at bright computer screens. I have noticed that this product is somewhat expensive, but that it can be used as a spot treatment as well as a general moisturizer, so a little can go a long way depending on how you use it. Overall this is a very effective product for the price because it not only protects skin, it improves its appearance.

Moisturizes without looking greasy

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

I got a sample of La Mer Moisturizing Cream from a cosmetics counter and am very pleased with it so far. The salesperson told me to rub it onto my hands, then pat it on my face. She said not to rub it into my face. I have fairly dry skin, and this cream makes it look and feel moist. I'm not sure I would pay the price to buy a full size container, but I was very satisfied with the sample I received. I've used it for several days now and my skin does feel softer. I do think it is a lot of work to have to pat this cream all over my face and neck. It would be much faster to be able to just rub it in.

Absorption
This cream absorbs into my skin and does not look greasy. I have had a lot of trouble finding a cream that doesn't look greasy, so I'm very pleased with how La Mer absorbed into my skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
After using La Mer for several days, I do not feel that it is clogging my pores.

This is a moisturizing cream, so I would have to say it is effective since it makes my skin look and feel moisturized.

Really worth the price!

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

I got this as a gift and have never heard of the product. I searched it online and this product is very expensive!! I am glad to have got it as a gift because this product really changed my skin! It is very moisturizing and very rich. It last a fairly long time as well! I had this product forever and not quite close to running out but almost! I plan to purchase one when I run out.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

La Mer Creme De La Mer is too expensive for the way it works.

from Stockton, CA

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Believe the hype! The best moisturizer I have ever used!

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

I love La Mer! Unfortunately, because it is so expensive, I have not always been able to afford to use it consistently. However, when I have used it, my skin has looked and felt the best that it ever has. I definitely splurge with it whenever I can. I have used lots of other brands and consider this the best of the best.

Absorption
It goes on kinda thick but it is worth the time that it takes to absorb as it leaves my skin feeling like silk.

Doesn't Clog Pores
When I have used La Mer my skin is as clear as it has ever been.

Best face cream I have EVER used. If cost was not an object, it would be the only moisturizer I would ever buy. I have gotten tons of compliments on my skin when I use it, so I would say it is effective.

Not a miracle product

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

I had high expectations for this product because of the price. I was disappointed as it did not perform as well as I had hoped. However, I do have severely dry skin so I think that on most people this is a great product.

Absorption
very thick which is what is needed for extremely dry skin

Doesn't Clog Pores
It is pretty thick so kind of clogs pores.

Good but not great considering how expensive this product is to purchase.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

It's expensive but worth every penny!

from North Wales, PA

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I started using La Mer products when I turned 40 and I use this moisturizer ever night in conjunction with my La Mer creamy cleanser and it leaves my skin soft and smooth. I also truly believe that it is reversing the signs of aging - reducing the fine lines around and under my eyes.

Absorption
You can feel it massaging into your face as soon as you apply it. It really leaves your face smooth and soft.

Doesn't Clog Pores
I've never been prone to acne or breakouts and using this product has never irritated my skin or clogged my pores.

I love this moisturizing cream. It absorbs immediately and makes your skin feel soft, smooth and totally pampered. It's expensive but it's very effective in moisturizing as well as reversing the signs of aging.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

Very thick. Great for moisture retention. Tough to spread on.

from Lake Elmo, MN

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

LaMer smells great but is too thick and stretches your skin when you apply. It should provide a great skin barrier for the northern winters and outdoor sports.

Absorption
LaMer is so thick it mostly sits on your skin. It keeps the moisture in which is great for people with extremely dry skin. You will not put it in the same category as the "weightless" creams, since it is more like a creamy putty.

Doesn't Clog Pores
It does cover the skin although it did not seem to "clog" pores. I do not recommend this for women with "pore" issues.

It is not as effective as other creams that moisturize and soak in. On the plus side it seems natural and not chemical so irritation is not an issue. It won't work on anti-aging but will keep skin from becoming dry and chapped.
There is an issue with the tugging and pulling that happens spreading it on since it is that thick.

• Doesn't Clog Pores:

One of my favorite products

from West Jefferson, OH

Comments about La Mer Creme de la Mer:

This product goes on smoothly, has a very pleasant scent, and really does a wonderful job of moisturizing. It's particularly great for night time or winter use. I use a little every day (a little goes a long way) and I've definitely seen an improvement in my skin over other products I've tried. It also seems to be good for sensitive skin and has not caused any breakouts.