Other Misc. Tools & Hardwares:
La Crosse Technology
La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger

La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger

La Crosse Technology BC-700 Rocks!

This is one of Lacrosse Technologies better battery chargers. The La Crosse Technology BC700 Alpha Power Battery Charger has four modes and charges all NiCd and NiMH AA and AAA rechargeable batteries individually or all at once. The four modes include charge, discharge (discharges the batteries and then recharges them), recharge (discharges and recharges up to 20 times to bring old batteries back to life) and test (displays the battery capacity). Unlike older technolgy chargers, the The La Crosse Technology BC700 Alpha Power Battery Charger will not get too hot. However this charger does not feature the fast charging speed or the extra pack that its brother the BC-9009 has. The one and only negative about this charger is that it charges a bit slower than many of the higher end Maha, Powerex and Lacrosse chargers. This is still a great value for the money and is one of the better cahrgers available.

Some of teh product features include:

- Battery charger for NiCad and NiMH AA and AAA rechargeable batteries

- Features 4 modes: charge, discharge, refresh, and test

- Charges both AA & AAA rechargeable batteries simultaneously

- 4 separate LCD displays for simultaneous readouts

- Overheat-detection to prevent over-charging

I'm satisfied using this as an additional charger and a back up to my Maha Charger.

La Crosse Battery Charger a bit disappointing

I asked for this charger because I wanted to start using rechargable batteries because I was spending so much money on throw away batteries between my 3 kids and all their toys and my husband's many electronic gadgets.  I really liked this charger because it included cases to convert AA batteries into C and D batteries.  We go through so many C and D batteries with the kids' toys.  I was pretty disappointed with it.  Half the batteries would not charge up.  I put them in the charger and they wouldn't even register.  I had the hardest time getting the converted batteries to fit into the toys that I tried to put them in.  They were just a little bit bigger than regular batteries, which made it nearly impossible to get them in place.  And I felt that the charger took a really long time to charge.  I ended up returning it and buying a cheapo one from the store that I was much happier with.  The concept is a great one, but it just didn't work for me.

Lets you see voltage as you charge

from Oakland, CA

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

Good charger, takes several hours to go from empty to full AA batteries in my experience, but you aren't paying for speed, you are paying for gentle and reliable smart charging. This means charging at a slow rate so it does not damage batteries; it also means not charging beyond capacity as that also hurts batteries a little bit as well. You can charge AAAs in this device as well. Good product if you care about extending the lifespan of your rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Excellent Battery Charger

from Santa Ana, CA

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

I started using rechargeable batteries because I thought it would be economical. I used the battery charger that came with the rechargeable batteries I bought but it didn't do anything other then charge. I also notice how my batteries were going bad after I used the crappy charger so I started to look for a quality battery charger. This battery charger is highly rated by reviewers so I decided to get this one. This is a very cool gadget to play around with. This battery charger has a REFRESH feature that can help save dead batteries and can gently charge rechargeable batteries. This battery charger is more expensive the most battery chargers but is a worthwhile investment because it saves you money from using disposable batteries. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a quality battery charger.

Quite possibly the best battery charger: La Crosse BC-700

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

At first glance, the La Crosse BC-700 looks like a battery charger and you might just take it for granted. But when you see the quality of this device and the capability it provides, then you will absolutely change your mind and appreciate the features it has to offer. First of all, this charger does a RELIABLE and CONSISTENT job of charging your rechargeable batteries and will not make them fail prematurely or overcharge them. Secondly, this charger is capable of allowing you to charge batteries according to level of need: if you need a *fast* charge for batteries that need to be used immediately, then this charger does that. If you want your batteries to LAST, this charger provides trickle/slow charge capability as well.

Ultimately, this charger empowers you to be free of using throw-away alkaline batteries and to invest in rechargeable batteries to use. This is truly a great thing for both the environment and your wallet.

After using LaCrosse, I will never go back to a standard charger

from Austin, TX

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

After using a LaCrosse battery charger, I will never go back to a standard battery charger. This charger allows me to maximize the life of my batteries with its unique drain/recharge (refresh) feature, and quickly recharges the batteries without overcharging the batteries. The kit includes adaptors for rechargeable C and D batteries (which I have not utilized yet) as well as a very nice carrying case for those who will be travelling with it. After putting my old rechargeable batteries in the charger and running the refresh feature on them, I noticed that the battery life doubled on my old batteries. The various buttons show different aspects of each individual battery, such as the current and the voltage. Standard battery chargers will overcharge batteries that are done charging, but the LaCrosse battery charger is designed to automatically stop the current from going through the batteries the minute that the battery is full, therefore not doing any damage to the batteries.

La Crosse Technology BC-700

from San Diego, CA

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

The LaCrosse Technology BC-700 is a smart battery charger and is not like your average battery charger. It knows when stop charging when a battery is full. This is important for Nickel metal based batteries as overcharging can diminish the life of the battery. This charger can also recharge cadium based batteries but I haven't done so personally. Other chargers are made to charge for a set period of time (x hours) at a constant current. If you have a battery that is half full and another one that is completely empty, they will both charge for the same amount of time. The LaCrosse BC-700 will charge one for half and the other to full. Additionally, the current is selectable in this unit. Most battery manufacturers recommend a long, slow charge at a low current (usually based on capacity) and you can choose how much juice you want to give it. So if you need a quick charge right away, you can do so. This unit takes AA and AAA size batteries only.

La Crosse Technology BC-700 Rocks!

from Emeryville, CA

- Overheat-detection to prevent over-charging

gets the job done

from Scottsdale, AZ

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

This AA/AAA battery charger is small and light, yet well made.  It has a plethora of great features and is very simple to use at the same time.  I've owned this for a number of months and it has been trustworthy every time I use it -- which averages roughly 1-2 times per week.  Although I would not consider myself a battery expert, I know a decent amount about computers & electronics and would highly recommend this battery charger to anyone.  The device itself easily accommodates any combination of four triple (AAA) and/or double a (AA), and this device is very nice for this reason; it is not a 'dumb' charger that can only charge pairs of either AA or AAA batteries, but rather supplies separate current to each of its four slots.  This allows you to not worry about charging things only in pairs or needing to have a full battery adjacent to the one needing to be charged solely because they need to be charged as couplets.  All in all this is a very good battery charger, and depending on what kind of sale you can get on it I would say definitely go for it if you're thinking about it.

La Crosse Battery Charger a bit disappointing

from Lansing, MI

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

Save you money this thing is nice

from Hagerstown, MD

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

I like this thing, I play xbox 360 a lot and it takes double a batteries, which would run out very fast. Now i can re charge them with no problem completely. Saves money in long run, and sont have to drive to the store.

Saves Money and the Environment, too!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger:

Batteries can be a serious harm to the environment, not to mention your wallet. They can be so expensive! The **La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Battery Charger **works to charge AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. It is very affordable and will definitely save you money in the long run. These are going to be the way of the future! ****