Other Facial Masks:

LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Pros

Cons

Smells So Yummy

I absolutely love Lush products and can spend hours browsing their stores. When I came across their Cupcake face mask that was not only freshly made with all natural ingredients and was not tested on animals but it smelled like chocolate as well I simply had to have it.

I was actually on vacation at the time I bought it but I opened the jar as soon as I brought it back to the hotel and my friends and I used it that very night.

We all slathered our faces with the dark brown paste which looked and smelled like dark chocolate frosting. It was just so delicious smelling it was hard to not taste it! We didn't - and I wouldn't recommend it.

We left this on perhaps a bit longer than required as we were all painting our toenails and chatting and having a good time. It never got that tight, dry feeling that some masks get when left on too long.

It was very easy to wash off with the help of a washcloth. There was no heavy duty scrubbing involved and it just came right off. It left my skin soft and silky and I didn't experience any adverse effects.

I have to say that I'm not sure I would use it as a group at home since it did leave the sink splattered with bits of brown goo and the washcloths were quite brown as well. So it's a bit messy, but incredibly fun.

It is a bit on the expensive side but it was as great treat for us to use while on vacation. I wouldn't buy it all the time, but it was fun to try and I would definitely buy it again for a group!

Smells good, works, but goes quick!

I have been a lush lover for a very long time.  I finally decided to dive in and try my first fresh face mask which can only be bought in store due to having no preservatives.  The smell is amazing and chocolatey, and it goes on the face rather thick.  I find it is a little difficult to make this product last, but the shelf life, on average, is only 2-3 weeks.  It must be kept refrigerated, so i recommend if you purchase this to immediately go home so you don't have any chance of spoiling.  While I personally have not seen it clear up my acne, but I would still recommend this for other face types.  If you do try to use this on your face past its expiration date, it will burn and sting.  They say if yours has expired that you can use it on your feet, but to be honest, I try my best to use it up within the allotted time.  If you collect 5 of the little black jars it comes in, you can exchange them in for a free face mask too!

Great mask

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

I love anything chocolate scented so when the LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask was recommended to me by a friend I knew I had to check it out. I like this brand because it's made with fresh and natural ingredients. The only down side to this is that it doesn't last very long and it had actually gone off by the time I neared the bottom of the container. I'd buy it again though because I liked what it did to my skin.

I actually really liked how my skin felt and looked after using this product.

Ease of Application
I liked how thick this product was, it basically has the consistency of mud but feels a lot creamier. Because it was a good thickness, I didn't mind it being in a jar instead of a squeeze bottle. I managed not to make a mess so that's always a good sign. I let it dry fully and then rinsed it off with some warm water and was good to go.

The chocolate smell of this product is really really yummy. If I could have eaten I probably would have.

• Ease of Application:

A little too harsh for me.

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

This mask was one I found to be very decadent ad thick. I loved the smell of it and really wanted to eat the whole jar because it reminded me of chocolate mint cookies. I found it to be way too harsh for my sensitive skin though. My skin is combination and on the oily side with the occasional blemish. When I first put this mask on it tingled, a LOT. Then not shortly after I realized that maybe it was tingling a little TOO much and had to wash it off right away. I had a very red face that subside by the next day so I thought I would ease into it and gave it another go a few nights later. After applying it sure enough, within the first minute or two, the tingling started again but I just bore it, thinking it was just working its magic. Well right after I washed my face ( which took quite a lot of scrubbing to take it off ) I noticed not only redness, but bumps as well. I put some aloe cream on and went to bed hoping it was just my skin purging. I woke up to a really bad breakout the next morning. I never used it again, it was just too much for my skin.

Want to Eat It

from Dallas, TX

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

It should be illegal to make a facial product smell so yummy that you can barely stop yourself from eating it! LUSH makes amazing products that are so natural yet extremely more effective when compared to their shelf-stable counterparts. The LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask is a rejuvenating mask that makes you feel like you're in a bakery. You have to control yourself not to lick it right off of your face!
The mixture is so smooth and refreshing. It's one of my favorite masks to use maintenance on my face. It always leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and light with a crisp, clean feeling. And the smell is just decadent!
I love the tub that it comes it. It's so much easier to get every last drop, so I never feel like I'm wasting any product that I can't squeeze out of the bottom of the tube.

Leaves my skin feeling light and refreshed.

Ease of Application
Goes on smoothly and evenly.

Too yummy! I want to eat it right off of my face!

Smells So Yummy

from Hartford, CT

• Ease of Application:

Fun, Cooling Mask that's Great for Skin!

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

The bottom line: this mask feels really nice upon application and makes the skin feel fresh and clean. With nightly use it helps tighten pores and clear up redness and patchiness.

I traded in some empty LUSH containers for a free mask and I tried out this particular blend. Some of the key ingredients are: mint, vanilla, peppermint and spearmint oils, and of course cocoa powder AND butter. The result is a mask that is very thick and rich which is a bit difficult to apply but worth the effort. The mask feels very tingly and fresh thanks to two minty oils and it smells very nice. It takes about 20-30 min to dry and is quite easy to remove once this is done. Because it is a fresh mask it needs to be stored in the refrigerator between uses and it will keep for 7-10 days. The mask is aimed at adolescents to help with spotty skin and oil control, but it works well for people of all ages. I found that after a week of nightly use, the redness in my skin went down significantly and my complexion evened out a bit. It's absolutely worth treating yourself to this delicious little product!

great mask

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

I was looking for a deep cleansing mask, and this one was recommended to me by a LUSH employee. This mask is only sold at the LUSH store you can't get it online, because this will go rancid quickly they keep it in a refrigerator at there store. I was getting breakouts frequently, and had an oily t-zone. Since using the LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask my skin as become normal with a smoother looking complexion. The facial mask is very relaxing, and it allows me to take time for myself as a treat. The mask is very creamy which makes it easy to spread all over my face. I let it sit for 30 minutes until it is fully dried on to my skin then I wash it away with warm water. This mask uses fresh ingredients so it was advised to me to use it up the first week I got it you can tell it only contains 7 applications. The scent of it is a luxurious chocolate, and vanilla smell. My skin does not get a lot of blemishes like it did before using this product so I can say that this mask really does contribute to how good my skin looks now.

chocolate goodness!

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

love this face mask! it not only makes my face feel fresh and clean but it also smells good enough to eat. i'm a total lushie but this is by far one of my most favorite lush products. great for oily and acne prone skin. efinitely recommend!

Ease of Application
so smooth! keeps in the fridge, so it is super cooling as well

O.M.G. need I say more???

• Ease of Application:

Yummy smelling face mask.

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

Generally, I am a huge fan of Lush. And this Cupcake face mask is one of the reasons why I have such a strong love for the Lush brand. With that being said, I would like to address the only issue that I have with this face mask and that is it goes bad very quickly. Like really quickly. You have to use the whole container in like a week and then they tell you to throw it away. So what I like to do is, with my friends we will take turns purchasing this face mask and have all do face masks at once. I have sensitive skin and can use this product without any issues. They only sell it in stores though because of the fact that all of these ingredients are fresh and go bad rather quickly. They can be found in the fridge. I would recommend this product. It's got cocoa in it, vanilla, and sandalwood in it so it of course smells heavenly. It can be rather dry though and crusts off rather quickly so make sure you don't leave it on too long.

Deliciously satisfying

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

First off let me start by saying how in love with lush products I am! It is natural safe and won't be harsh on your skin. It is almost impossible for me to find something that is gentle natural and effective. This creamy natural face mask smells good enough to eat. It goes on smooth and washes off easily. When I removed the mask my face not only smelled like delectable chocolate, but my skin was soft supple and smooth! I was thrilled with this product. I got a good 15 uses and I felt like that was a pretty good bang for your buck. Especially with a more high end mask. I have bought this particular mask twice and I have been using LUSH products even since. Everything they offer is safe natural and effective and I will continue to recommend and use their products!

My skin was very soft to the touch and I felt fresh faced every time I used it

Ease of Application
If you can rub in a circular motion you can put it on

This was really one of the best parts. It really smelled like chocolate. I was beyond happy with the scent!

• Ease of Application:

Smells so good, but made me break out.

from Middleton, WI

Comments about LUSH Cupcake Fresh Face Mask:

My skin was completely clear when I bought this -- I wanted it to help with shine & to prevent anything from coming up.  And also I wanted to buy it because I love chocolate -- it seemed so decadent!  It smells good enough to eat, but after using it, I broke out in deep, big, red zits (it DID make my skin very, very soft, though, which I liked).  Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I definitely wouldn't buy this again.  I love Lush, but I just haven't had much luck with their facial care stuff.  Other people swear by it, so your mileage may vary!