3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Angels on Bare Skin--more like, angels from heaven!

I was plauged by acne and tired of reacting to chemical products.  Angels on Bare Skin was my answer.  It is an all natural, all gentle cleanser and exfoliator in one.  My skin changes on a seasonal basis from oily to dry.  Since Angels on Bare Skin is suitable for all skin types I can use it yearound.  The lavender soothes redness and the almonds gently exfoliate.  While Angels on Bare Skin is not a cure-all for problematic skin, it is a good soothing cleanser and exfoliate that is not likely to irritate your skin like harsh chemical products.

The price of this product is comprable to that of a drug-store cleaner, because you only need a small amount to do the job.  There is a drawback to using an all-natural product, it has a short shelf-life of only three months, but I find it a worthwhile tradeoff to chemically based products that cause irritation or drying, thereby agrivating my skin and making the problem worse

Angels in my trashcan.

**The Verdict:**  After using this product daily for 2 weeks I can honestly say that I do not like it much at all and would not buy it.  It didn't appear to do much for my skin at all and was hard to use.

**Just the Facts:**  **Angels on Bare Skin** is a facial cleanser made by LUSH which is a company that makes interesting and unique natural bath and beauty products that are animal friendly and often completely vegan.

LUSH.com says the following about Angels on Bare Skin: *Gentle cleansing and exfoliation Oily in some spots, dry in others? Angels on Bare Skin is ideal for most normal to combination skins. Based on a medieval skin care recipe, it gently cleanses and exfoliates with ground almonds, lavender oil and rose absolute. It smells divine and leaves your face bright, soft and smooth. Note: Due to the freshness of the ingredients used, this product has a shelf-life of three months. *

On my last trip to my local LUSH store I was given a very generous sample of Angels on Bare Skin that lasted over 2 weeks.  It looks almost like a glob of Play Doh and has sort of the same consistency only a bit more stiff and dry.

The instructions state to place a pea sized piece of Angels on Bare Skin into the palm of one hand and add water to create a paste then apply to damp facial skin using small circular motions.  Well this is easier said than done as the cleanser is kind of dry and it does not break down easily.  It usually takes a minute or two to get it smooshed into a paste and it honestly never completely turns to paste.

After I get it as pastey as possible I massage it into my wet skin using circular motions.  The first thing I noticed was the scent.  It smells generally herbal with a bit of lavender mixed in and I like the scent quite a bit. The ground almonds in the cleanser feel good against my skin but they are finely ground and cannot possibly do much in the way of exfoliation.

After massaging the cleanser into my face for a few minutes I rinse it off and pat dry when I get out of the shower.  But my face doesn't feel really clean.  I have oily skin that still feels oily even after cleansing with this product.  And when I use a cotton pad with toner on it after cleansing with Angels on Bare Skin dirt and make up show on the pad.  That is just unacceptable to me to have dirt and make up still on my face after cleansing thoroughly and I don't like that feeling of not being completely clean.  I don't think it does anything to help my troubled skin that breaks out easily.

**Closing Argument:**  I had hoped to really like Angels on Bare Skin as it is mild and gentle but I did not and cannot recommend it.  After using it for a few weeks I feel that it did not cleanse my skin completely and left traces of makeup and dirt behind.  I expect more from a cleanser.  2 stars.

Expensive but Naturally Good

from buffalo,ny

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• all natural
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Smells Great

Cons

• too pricey

• All Skin Types

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

I really love the store Lush and that is where this product is from. I also love that this product, like all their products, is all natural. I just wish this store was a little less expensive. Their products are great;however more in the luxury section of my budget. This product really brightens up my skin and cleans my face naturally. This product also smells very earthy and good. The texture is thick and effective. If you already spend $5-$10 per container, then this would be a great alternative.

Not worth the trouble.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

Years ago I had a friend that raved about Lush's Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser, so the last time I was in the Lush store, I decided to give it a try. I really wish I had just gotten a sample instead of purchasing a container of this. To start with, this stuff is really expensive, but that's pretty typical for Lush products. It comes as a grey crumbly mass of sandy feeling clay with what appears to be pine needles (seriously) in it. I guess the pine needles are fitting, since the cleanser smells like a pine tree. To use it you have to grab a bit off the chunk which is easier said then done because it's so crumbly. Then, you're supposed to mix it with a bit of water in the palm of your hand to make a paste. Yeah, right. It never really mixes and little expensive bits end up falling off your hand. Good luck using this in the shower. Finally, you're supposed to take the paste that it doesn't make and massage it all over your face before rinsing it off. After rinsing, my face felt incredibly greasy, though I will say my skin did feel soft. I think it just added a layer of oil to my skin without actually removing any dirt first. I have to follow this every time with another facial cleanser to remove the layer of oil it leaves behind, making it pointless.

Dreamy cleanser

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

I've used this cleanser a lot over the years and never been disappointed. It has a fairly mild exfoliating action, it doesn't dry my skin out and best of all it doesn't bring on a reaction from my face. I suffer with rosacea so I'm always wary of trying new things, but I was given what looked like a small free sample and decided to give it a go anyway.

Take a small pea sized amount in your hand and blend it with a little bit of water to thin it out. Then use this to wash your face. It has, like I said, a mild exfoliating action so I wouldn't use it every day as exfoliating every day aggravates my rosacea, but I can use this every second day with no problems at all. It's very mild, with a pleasant scent and it rinses off easily with a face cloth. Since getting the sample I've been so impressed with it that I've bought it occasionally, though it does go off quickly enough so I keep it in the fridge to help it last a bit longer. When I started buying it originally it was kept in a chilled section in the shop, so that seemed like the thing to do.

A little goes a long way and like most Lush products this is absolutely a plus because it makes it so much more economical to use.

nice cleanser

from San Diego ca

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

I have used LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleaner it has really changed the way my skin looks for the better. I was always getting breakouts every week, but as soon as I bought this cleanser my skin has become less prone to breakouts. This cleanser is made out of the best ingredients that are highly beneficial to my skin, and even if it costs a lot to purchase this product it is worth it to me to have better looking skin because of this cleanser. I use this cleanser any time I wash my face either once or twice a day. I take a pea sized amount, and mix it with a little bit of water while massaging it in between my fingers to form a paste it makes it easy to apply to my skin that way. Then I apply it to my face cleansing my skin as usual then I rinse with warm water to make sure to get off all residue. My skin does not feel tight or stripped away of moisture after I used this cleanser. It leaves my face feeling normal not oily at all, and a fresh looking complexion. The scent it very light, and fresh I was not turned away by the fragrance. The product comes in a jar, and it varies to what size you want to purchase. The only thing is that since it is made of fresh ingredients so it does have an expiration date of only a few months so be sure to use it before it expires.

love the name

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

Not my favorite lush product but like all their products I was still satisfied.I originally tried it to see if it was anything like dark angel but it really isn't . Overall it was okay but I wouldn't buy it again. I would recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin though

• Ease of Application:

delish, soft creamy and amazing.

from hastings, FL

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

I am not a huge mask person, but this mask is really made by angels. It leaves your skin so soft and creamy feeling. It has no harsh chemicals in it and makes you feel revived and relaxed. I have sensitive skin and this a wonderful must have for myself. WHen you open it smells heavenly. You can get many many uses out of one pot. It takes very little of the creamy face mask to apply it evenly to your face. It also comes off very easily also and leaves your skin feeling brand new. I have no words to describe the scent other than light and it does not linger long. The price is really great for all it accomplish since its all natural and vegan . I recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin, or is against and hard chemicals or testing on animals. This face mask will make you feel as if you have angel beside you. If you do not have a local store shipping can be pricey but it is really worth it for this amazing mask.

Ease of Application
very simple takes about 2 mins

Good Cleanser

from Miami, Florida

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

I like to try new cleanser's all the time so I decided to give this a shot when an employee at LUSH recommended it to me. You only have to cut a piece as small as a millimeter to use on your face so the container you get it in lasts a long time. You dab a little bit of water on it and it becomes a wash of some sort. I like to apply it to my face and let it sit there for about 3-5 minutes so it can soak in. When I take it off, my face is incredibly smooth and nice. I also love the scent it has. It is not too much, it is subtle. A bonus is that it works as a make-up remover as well.

However, I do think the price is not worth the product. The result you get, you can get from many other facial cleanser's. If you feel like pampering yourself, you can buy this and just alternate with another product. This is what I have done, and just once a week I apply this cleanser.

All of LUSH's products are high quality and this is one too. Just beware that the effect you get, you can get from other standard cleanser products.

• Ease of Application:

LOVE Angels on Bare Skin!

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

This is a great cleanser, exfoliate, and moisturizer.. all in one! I honestly don't know why they don't sell it as a "three in one treatment" and charge more for it. It is so reasonably priced for all that it does. Especially considering that I don't have to apply an expensive moisturizer afterwards.

Cleans very well! It is labelled as a cleanser, so I'd recommend avoiding it if you are not a fan of having any excess or leftover product on your face because it is also very moisturizing. Moisturizer is good for all types of skin, though! It keeps dry skin hydrated and it keeps oily skin from producing too much oil. The almonds are very calming to sensitive skin.

Ease of Application
Mostly simple to apply, just mix it with a little bit of water and rub all over your face. Sometimes it can be a little tough or too thick to mix with water making it a little difficult to make into a liquid paste.

Fresh lavender! Can not beat that smell.

love it!

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

Great product! I love it! Gently cleanses my very sensitive skin, leaving my face feeling so soft and wonderful!Lush products can be expensive, but they're well worth it.  I recommend trying one of their packs with a small amount of cleanser, toner, & moisturizer to see if you like it before buying full sized containers.Also, because their products are natural, the shelf life is a bit shorter.  We keep ours in the fridge and just keep a tiny container in the bathroom.

Angels on Bare Skin is all natural beauty!

from Maryland Heights, MO

Comments about LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Cleanser:

LUSH.com says the following about Angels on Bare Skin (abbreviated): *Gentle cleansing and exfoliation - it gently cleanses and exfoliates with ground almonds, lavender oil and rose absolute. It smells divine and leaves your face bright, soft and smooth. Note: Due to the freshness of the ingredients used, this product has a shelf-life of three months. *

Warning – if packaging, ease of use, and perfumed fragrance are top priorities for you in skin care then this product is not for you!

This product contains all natural ingredients. It has a shorter shelf life because it is not full of chemicals! I find that refreshing! A skin product that is actually good for my skin!

LUSH products are vegan, so they do not contain animal ingredients or do any testing on animals. You can be guaranteed a cruelty free product!

LUSH is also mindful of the environment so you will not find any fancy packaging that will one day end up in a landfill!

I store my product in a small reusable Tupperware container.

You take a small amount of product, mix with water and apply to your face. It cleans and exfoliates. It is meant as a skin care product and as an exfoliate so do not expect it to take off heavy makeup.

It has a light earthy scent. It makes your skin feel very “fresh”.