Other Hair Conditioners:
LUSH
LUSH American Cream Conditioner

LUSH American Cream Conditioner

it is too light weight as a conditioner

Comments about LUSH American Cream Conditioner:

I think it is too light weight as a conditioner. Yo don't feel like your hair moisturized nor detengled nor added shine. It is just a soso product. I have normal to dry hair. I want conditioners to have at least one of the 3 functions I mentioned. This conditioner does not do the job. The best thing you can think of is that the ingredients are more natural. And that is the reason why l love Lush. I have been trying a lot stuff from Lush, and I am a Lush fan. But, be honest, this is not a product that I would recommend to you.

Not too bad as compare to some other Lush products.

Strawberry Vanilla goodness

from Austin, TX

Comments about LUSH American Cream Conditioner:

My partner and I have used this product for about a year.  It is pricey, but a large bottle lasts for several months....so actually, the price is right.  We have very different hair types but are both happy with the outcome of using this product.  The scent is really strong...smell before the buy of course....but who doesn't like the smell of vanilla bean and strawberries?

Lush American Cream -- Often Great, But Not Always

from Marco Island, FL

Comments about LUSH American Cream Conditioner:

One of the things that drives me nuts about Lush is the attitude they cop that they're a little indie company handmaking things in small batches. Sure, their products are handmade, but next to *real* indie bath & body companies, Lush is a giant. Because of this, Lush has no excuse when it comes to how inconsistent their products can be. There can be noticeable differences between batches of certain products, and this fact can be endlessly frustrating when the product you buy is from a less-than-perfect batch.

I realized this when I purchased my second small bottle of American Cream conditioner. In theory, American Cream is a great product -- a light, cone-free conditioner that smells like strawberries and cream. Yum! What's not to like? The first bottle I used conditioned my hair well enough without weighing it down, so I purchased a second bottle. Unfortunately, something was a bit off in the fragrance of bottle #2. It smelled kind of like strawberries and cream...and a little like burning rubber.

Ew?

To be fair, I should have contacted Lush about the product. I don't live near a store, so I would have been dealing with mail order, and honestly, I didn't have time to fuss. The conditioner still worked just fine; it's just that the scent was a bit off. Unfortunately, the scent of American Cream tends to linger in the hair, and the burning rubber scent lingered as well. At this point I think I'll be sticking with another Lush conditioner, Veganese, or just going with something cheap and cone-free from the drugstore. For the amount Lush charges, I should be able to trust that I'm getting a perfect product every time.

This stuff makes my hair amazing

from Manchester, PA

Comments about LUSH American Cream Conditioner:

This conditioner is so far the best I have ever used. I have had thin hair all my life. I use henna color which can be drying. This conditioner gave life back to my hair, did not strip my color and helped with some issues I have with body.

The aroma is even gender nonspecific, so it will work for guys as well.

I also find the people that work in Lush very helpful, which is hard to find these days. They worked with me to find what was best for me rather than trying to rack up a big sale.