Other Mascaras:

L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

No clumps, flakes, or spider lashes. L'Oreal won me over!

**Quick View:** Although I really love a few[ CoverGirl mascaras][1] as well as some high end ones, I continue to buy and try new brands and formulas. I didn't expect **L'Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara** to impress me but it did. It's not my favorite mascara but it's a very good one!

***My Take on L'Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara***

This mascara comes in a typical black mascara tube with a gold top. The brush is straight and tapers at the end to get to small lashes on the corners. I bought Carbon Black since it was the darkest shade available where I was shopping although I believe it comes in a deeper black as well.

i have straight, long but thin lashes. It takes a mighty mascara to give me the length and volume i want and I refuse to wear any mascara that flakes or has a lot of clumps. I totally expected this mascara to fail my stringent tests but it actually performed very well.

I applied one coat and it darkened and lengthened my lashes. No clumps at all. But I wasn't happy with the length and volume so I ended up applying three coats. I had no problem applying that many coats and I had no clumps or stuck together lashes. My lashes were long and dark and did have some volume. I had hoped fro more but they weren't spidery and too thin.

The big test is whether a mascara flakes or fades as the hours wear on. **L'Oreal Voluminous Volume Building Mascara** didn't flake at all throughout the day and night and it stayed true. It didn't fade nor did it run even in cold, wet weather.

I also liked the way my lashes felt. They didn't feel hard or crunchy. They were soft and very natural looking although much more dramatic than my usual bare lashes.

Taking this mascara off is easy with my usual facial cleanser. I don't need to use eye makeup remover.

***My Viewpoint***

In all, this mascara performs admirably. I like how it looks and I like how it wears. It doesn't give me as much volume as I hoped but, when I wear a good lash primer underneath, the volume is much better. Otherwise, I really like this oldie but goodie. ***4 stars.***

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/CoverGirl-LashExact-Mascara-review-d9e8

Not my favorite - won't buy it again.

Since writing my original review where I gave this three stars and recommended it, I have worn this mascara about a month now and I am not happy with it.  The waterproof version is ***very*** difficult to remove even with eye makeup remover.  It is so tough to remove that I have to use soap and water first and practically SCRUB it off all the while getting soap in my eyes and then use eye makeup remover after.  The only time I'm going to use the waterproof one is when I go on Splash Mountain at Disneyland.  Even then, it smudges EVERYWHERE!   After about an hour of wearing it, I look like a racoon under my eyes.  It's not the best mascara.  It tends to come out of the tube with globs of product on the wand and I have to scrape it off in order to not get a bunch of clumps all over my lashes.  The non waterproof version is easier to remove but still smudges a LOT and I'm not happy with that product either.

Now, I bought this mascara based on all of the rave reviews on this site.  I thought, "Ok, these gals are raving about this; I have skimpy, short, sparse lashes and while I wait for my Latisse to kick in, (which it now has - see my review on that) I'll use this and quit with the falsies I've been using to hide my inadequate lashes."  I have to say, I wasn't really too impressed with the results. I'm wondering if the gals on here had long, beautiful lashes already and didn't really know it.... However, I did get complimented on my lashes the first week I wore the product so I can't give it one star.

After trying this you will never go to any other mascara.

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

This mascara is just beyond amazing. I am so in love with it, it's the best out there. I have been using is since I started wearing makeup and that was about seven years ago and it has never let me down. It never clumps at all and I feel like it separates every single lash and makes them so long. It also gives my lashes volume which I love. I have naturally long eye lashes and when I apply this mascara to them it honestly makes them look like false lashes. Every time I have this mascara on someone asks me if I have false eye lashes on. That just shows how great this mascara is at giving my lashes volume and length. This mascara lasts so long, I never had a problem with it wearing off at all. I used to use the regular Voluminous mascara till the carbon black came out which it twice as amazing. I love how dark it is and it makes my eye lashes look thicker. Overall, this is a great product for any girl who uses mascara and wants her eye lashes to look extra stunning.

Simply amazing.

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

I have lazy lashes so I like to always wear mascara so they can look normal. I have tried so many different brands of mascara and none of which that I liked. My sister told me about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara. I tried it out and it was exactly what I was looking for. I would curl my eyelashes and apply the mascara. L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara would keep my eyelashes up and perfect for the entire day.
I love this mascara so much. It goes great with any style of make up I do. It gives my lashes a fuller look and makes them look longer. I apply it to my lashes before leaving the house, and no matter how long I am out for, the mascara is set in place. It does not run off or get on parts of my face like my eye lids.
Now the only negative thing I can say about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara is that it takes a little longer than I like to dry. After I apply it on my lashes, I will have to wait about a minute or so before I can apply anything else on my eyes. Other than that, I love it, and love its price as well.

Great mascara!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

This is my favorite drugstore mascara. I love the price and it does everything I want a mascara to do. I have long but thin and sparse lashes. This mascara builds up volume so that you can actually see my lashes.

It adds volume, doesn't flake, and keeps my lashes looking good all day.

Ease of Application
No clumps and it doesn't get messy like other mascara a do.

Really good!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

It creates volume, length, and darkens your lashes. It rarely flakes, and is long lasting. It is easy to take off with water and soap. This is a really good mascara. I am used to curved mascara wands, but the product is amazing.

I use 3 coats of mascara and doesn't clump.

• Ease of Application:

The best mascara for long and thick lashes!!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

I have been using this eye mascara for years now, and it is absolutely wonderful! The mascara glides on very easily, and does not clump up with multiple coats. For a non-waterproof mascara, I hardly get any smudging or "raccoon eyes" by the end of the night. Of course a waterproof mascara would be better, but who wants all their eyelashes falling out when you try to get that out of your eyes? Not this girl! Every time I wear this mascara, my girlfriends think I'm wearing false lashes. My eyes are already pretty big, but one or two coats of this really makes them pop. A wonderful product by Loreal. And what's even more amazing is the price! It is a fraction of the price of designer mascaras. Definitely recommend for girls who do not like waterproof mascaras but still want that "falsie" look to their lashes.

Like I said, for a non-waterproof mascara, this one is long-lasting with minimal smudge. A great alternative for those who do not like wearing a heavy waterproof mascaras.

Ease of Application
Easily glides on without clumping. Can put on multiple coats without any worries of having to work out clumps, or can wear one coat for a more natural look.

• Ease of Application:

Best mascara, hands down!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

I've been using L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara for over 15 years and it's still my favorite. I've tried different brands ranging in price, and I always go back to L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara. Other brands flake into my eyes throughout the day, but L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara stays on all day, looks great, doesn't run in water unless you rub your eyes, and provides great volume.

• Ease of Application:

A mascara that makes your lashes look long and full!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara is incredible! I love how long it makes my lashes look. It also looks likes I have a lot of lashes. I have found that it is the best mascara that I have ever tried! I have had a few times when it clumps my lashes together, but usually that does not happen.

My lashes look full and long all day. I never have any problem with it running if I sweat. Also I have never had this mascara make my eyes look like they have dark clouds underneath them, which I have had with other mascaras.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply. It is just like any other mascara. The majority of the time, I never have any trouble with my eye lashes clumping together.

The only mascara I trust

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

Even though it isn't waterproof, it does not run when I cry or am caught in the rain. It is easy to remove and is very subtle. These days, I feel like mascaras are getting too thick and end up making my lashes look really weird. This stuff does not do that. It is very basic.

• Ease of Application:

Hands down the best mascara I've used yet.

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

I've tried so many mascaras before this one, and I haven't been satisfied with one like I am with this one. There isn't anything special about the brush or the package, which is why I wanted to get it. I don't need to use a "primer" mascara before this one or anything. With the first brush onto my eyelashes they were considerably* longer and more defined.

• Ease of Application:

This mascara will always be a go-to favorite!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara:

This mascara has gotten me more compliments than any other mascara! I am always having friends (and even strangers!) asking if I'm wearing falsies, and I'm not! Loreal Voluminous gives gorgeous volume without clumps and also adds dramatic length! The ONLY drawback I've encountered is that the consistency is a little too wet for the first few applications. That problem doesn't last long, and it's all fantastic from there. I have at least 2 tubes of this mascara in my makeup bag at all times!

Ease of Application
Mascara is a little bit too wet for my taste the first few times you use it.