3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Original Voluminous Still Better

I have been anticipating buying this mascara for a while, waiting for the price to go down and to use up more of the mascaras I have on hand...I finally found it on sale and need more mascara and couldn't wait to try it. I am a HUGE fan of the original Loreal Voluminous Mascara, probably my favorite mascara and the one I always return to, so my expectations were super high for this product. Needless to say I was disappointed. If I hadn't expected so much I probably would have been more pleased and impressed with the product.

The brush is a definite improvement and I think the actual mascara is very similar to the original Voluminous but somewhat modified-not sure how. So no clumps, and no flaking off, and even though it was non-waterproof it stayed on well throughout the day and I didn't have racoon eyes, which sometimes happens to me using my favorite mascaras by the end of a long day.. anyways, I don't think it took longer to apply, and I saved time not having to declump/fan out my lashes like I do at times with the original voluminous formula. So improvements in some areas. Overall, it just did not enhance my eyes as much as mascaras usually do, but its hard to pinpoint how so.

I feel like Loreal just felt the need to release and hype up a new product to compete with all the define a lash, lash fusion and blast cover girl and maybelline mascaras coming out and becoming popular. Release a new one when its worth it Loreal! Your faithful followers don't appreciate the gimmicky million lashes.

Not good at all

I wear mascara daily, but don't really have a go-to brand or version. I like to experiment and try new brands, especially when a new version of a good one comes out. The origional L'Oreal Voluminous was one of my favorites years ago, so I was excited to see a new one that has a special brush to create a "fanned-out" lash appearance. One of my pet peeves with mascara is when it makes your lashes clump together, so I thought this looked promising. The first thing I noticed about Voluminous Million was this supposedly special brush. I've found that the best way to make sure your lashes don't clump is to get rid of the extra mascara by rubbing the bristles across the top of the bottle. That is not possible with this brush, as it's end is flexible. So, I just went ahead and applied with all that mascara on the brush. OMG!!! Spider lashes, clumped together in great big clumps! I tried using the brush to separate, and it just made it worse! I thought I'd see if a different brush would help, and tried using a clean mascara brush from another brand (that is stiff so I can swipe the extra mascara off it) and even then this mascara gives me clumpy spider lashes. It does NOT give a "fanned-out" lash look and this is definitely not going to be my go-to mascara!!

Natural looking lashes

About Me Natural Style

Pros

• Applies Evenly
  • Defines & Separates
  • Doesn't Clump
  • Lengthens

Cons

• Difficult To Remove

• Anytime
  • Daytime

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

This mascara is very good at giving me natural looking longer looking lashes. I have short and stubbornly straight Asian eye lashes and many a mascara has failed to give me long lasting effects. While this mascara does not add much in the volume department, it really lengthens my lashes, separates them well, and most importantly, holds the curl all day! It does not smudge and after a 12 hour day I might find a flake or two. I love this for daily use. I've also used this in conjunction with a specifically volumizing mascara for great results. The only major con I have is that it is some times difficult to tighten the cap all the way. I've had this for a couple months and the formula and brush are still working great.

it adds length, but no volume

from Dallas,TX

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

I heard a lot of good things about this mascara. I actually won it from a sweepstakes entry. I was excited to try it. Okay, so it does separate your lashes and it does add length. Your lashes look longer and clump free. It didn't add any volume. I hate the brush. I like regular brushes not the plastic ones. It actually poked the inside of my eye s couple times. It really lasts though. I slept with it on once and when I woke up, it still looked pretty fresh. It doesn't smudge easily either. That is one of the main reasons I liked this mascara. Great for short lashes.

It is long lasting. It really separates your lashes. It gives you longer youthful lashes without the clumps. I really wish it added volume. Had it added volume, I would love this mascara.

Ease of Application
Real easy to apply. Just brush it on your lashes. Be careful because the brush is hard and I poked my eye several times and irritated my eyes. It glides on fairly easy.

Pretty good mascara!

from TN

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara is a decent drug store mascara. It is not my favorite, but is by far not my least favorite either. There are good and bad things about it. I love how I can get the dramatic lashes from this mascara, but sometimes it doesn't work that well. It is inconsistent for me. One day I will have perfect, full lashes and the next day I can't achieve the same look because it clumps up. To me the biggest downfall of this mascara is the smell. For some reason it smells like a nasal spray of some sort to me. I would still recommend this mascara to others to try because it does work great when it doesn't clump up. It could be that I purchased an older tube of it.

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara is hit and miss for me. Some days it makes my lashes gorgeous and some days my lashes stick together with clumps so bad I have to start over. I give performance an 8 because it works especially well on good days.

Ease of Application
Application of this mascara is usually easy and smooth, but some day it's harder because of the clumps.

Irritated Eyes

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara irritated my eyes. My eyelids blew up, it looked like I had been crying the entire night before. It may have been an allergic reaction, but I've never had anything happen like that after using other mascaras.

Get voluminous lashes!!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

What initially attracted me to this product was the gold tube of course! My favorite color! I really love this mascara! I use it in black, not sure if it comes in any other colors. My lashes are kinda straight so I use an eye lash curler before I apply this mascara. This mascara is easy to apply. The only thing is that it clumps a little bit onto the end of the brush when I pull it out. I use a tissue to just wipe that clump off and then apply. I really like how this mascara seperates my lashes and doesn't clump them together. It really does make it look like I have a million lashes! It really holds the curl all day from my eye lash curler! It doesn't clump when I'm applying it. I hate that look with some mascara a that clump the lashes together and make it look like your wearing mascara! This one it looks very natural and gives my lashes a lot of volume and I get complimented all the time on them!

• Ease of Application:

Not bad for a drugstore brand,

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

For a drugstore brand, this mascara works just as well as one of the more expensive brands. Of course, it isn't quite as voluminizing as a pricier one, but this one works wonders! It kind of...deflates after a few hours, if that makes sense. It's almost like the lashes get weighed down a bit and kind of flatten out. That's really one of the only bad parts about this product.

If it happened to stay just as voluminous as it did when I first put it on and for the first hour and a half after application, it would be pretty perfect for a drugstore mascara. However, with the way it kind of flattens out your lashes after a few hours, it definitely doesn't work as well as some of the other mascaras that I have used.

Ease of Application
The brush is the kind of brush I like. It isn't too big and bulky, but it isn't too thin and sparse either. The bristles are plastic-y and are spread evenly apart. It's almost like a lash comb instead of a lash brush. I love this type of brush so I'm definitely giving the ease of application with this brush a definite ten!

• Ease of Application:

One of my favorite mascaras

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

This is one of my all time favorite drug store mascaras. It is not the most thickening but it makes my lashes look really long and dark. It is very effective at separating lashes. I don't find that it clumps too much, but I also have to apply a lot of it to get a very full look. I like to use this as a lengthening mascara before using another variety of the L'Oreal Voluminous mascaras which I find to be more thickening. If applied sparingly this mascara offers a very natural look, but it builds up well too.

• Ease of Application:

The name speaks for itself!

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

I don't have a lot of eyelashes and I definitely don't have dark ones, either. While this isn't my go-to mascara, I especially like this one as my a last application mascara. After I'm done using my first one, I use this one and it makes my eyelashes more curly, separated, and, as the product name says, VOLUMINOUS! This is one of the very few products that I know that actually has a product that lives up to its name.

• Ease of Application:

I could tell a difference in length

from Tooele, UT

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

I loved this mascara. It has tiny fibers in the formula that stick to the end of each lash and lengthen them. I could actually tell a difference in the length of my lashes when using this mascara. It wasn't a huge difference and no one else pointed it out or anything, but I could tell.

I'm kind of a mascara hopper. I buy whatever is on sale, and haven't really settled on a brand. Just like with any other mascara I've tried, it took a while for me to learn how to apply this one. First time I put it on, it was clumpy and kind of goopy, but with a little time and a bit of time learning how clean I had to get the brush, which was pretty clean. This mascara went on better when the level got a little lower and the stuff got a little drier. However, I've found the same thing with most mascaras I have tried.

I would probably put this mascara one step up from other drug store mascaras, but since the price is comparable, I figure even one step up is worth the price.

my favorite

from Beaver, PA

Comments about L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara:

This is my favorite mascara that took me years to find. I like the way the wand is shapes for ease of application. I like the way my lashes look after application. And it does not have a strong smell to it like some mascaras do. The mascara lasts a long time without running out.

This mascara has a good coverage performance on upper and lower lashes. It reaches the lower lashes where most mascaras do not. It does not get clumpy after a few uses, like most. The black mascara gives my lashes flare and makes them pop. I do not like water proof mascara so I buy the regular. This one has great staying power without being waterproof.

Ease of Application
The mascara wand has a brush that extends the lashes with one sweep> You do not have to look for the little lashes by sweeping the wand to catch them. usually when I have to search for my lower lashes the mascara gets clumped under my eyes and on the lashes. Not with this mascara. It goes on smooth and evenly