Other Foundations:
L'Oreal
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup

Pros

• Easy to apply (6)
  • Long-lasting (6)
  • Blends well (4)
  • Good pigmentation (3)
  • Lightweight (3)

Cons

• Light to medium coverage (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Brand buyer (3), Budget shopper (3)

Can't live without L'oreal True Match powder!

I've been using L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder for about 3 years now. It's the only powder I'll use and I hope they never discontinue it! I used to use liquid foundation and powder, but it made my face look pasty and I could never get rid of the embarrassing makeup line at the jawline. I have extremely fair skin and light freckles and it's hard to find makeup to match my skin tone. L'oreal True Match Soft Ivory is perfect. And one day I decided to go without the liquid foundation and use the powder alone. What a difference!! It made my face look younger and fresher. My husband noticed right away and loved the new look. He said he loved being able to see my freckles. I get compliments all the time about my complexion. All I do is use my usual facial moisturizer (for SPF coverage and acne control) and apply the powder over that. The powder gives me just the right amount of coverage I need, without being heavy or cakey. I also like the applicator. They give you a sponge, instead of the cotton applicators you get with most other powders. I absolutely LOVE this stuff!

Product creases into wrinkles and settles into pores.

I would have to categorize this particular product into one of the worst drugstore makeup buys I have purchased. Not to be confused with the L'Oreal powder, this is a compact makeup that applies as a foundation. It has a creamy texture that tends to make the skin look unflattering by settling into pores and wrinkles. I could not stand to use this makeup after one time of trying it out!
This compact makeup has no offensive odor, and neither does it have any particular scent. It provides light to medium coverage, with it being nearly impossible to build up as it becomes very greasy throughout the day. This makeup also tends to slide around on the skin, giving off unflattering spots if I accidentally touch my skin or if I take off my sunglasses. This is not a product that I would recommend. I am also shocked to see that so many have given it high reviews. I think that there must have been a misunderstanding between this product and the original L'Oreal powder compacts.

I love this compact!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

I purchased this L'Oreal compact on a total whim and I am so glad that I did. I have been getting more and more tired of my make up that I have used for such a long time. I was looking through the make up aisle at the drug store and I came upon this brand. I normally do not purchase from L'Oreal because it is expensive, but I splurged this time. This make up is great. The coverage is amazing and it is truly "super blendable", just like the product says. The color I bought was a great match for my skin and it looked almost flawless after application. The "true match" component to this make up really works. I could see that it was adjusting itself to my skin tone and it really looked great once I was finished. Also, the application was great. It smoothed into my skin. It is super light and comfortable to wear long hours. I often do not get home until late, but this make up lasted all day and into the night. I am glad that I spent the extra money and I will definitely be purchasing it again.

Amazing!

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

I absolutely love this powder foundation, and I think it is one of the best drugstore compact powders on the market. This product offers a medium coverage and has a matte finish without making skin look cakey. I have oily, acne prone skin, so having a matte finishing powder is essential for me, and this product delivers exactly what I need. I love how blendable this powder is too, and it makes my skin look extra smooth and it has an almost airbrushed finish, without accentuating my pores, fine lines, or wrinkles. This powder does an amazing job of covering up small spots like old acne scars and small sun spots, and helps reduce the redness of blemishes. I think this is an extremely affordable compact powder, and it is even department store quality. All in all, I was very impressed with this product and I will definitely be purchasing this again. I would recommend this product to people of all skin types, but I would especially urge people with oily skin to buy this product because of its amazing matte finish and coverage of acne scars and other small blemishes.

It's an okay makeup. Goes on well with a good brush.

from West Virginia

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

This provides okay coverage. I like to put it on after using a whip foundation or after using a primer because I feel like it doesn't stick to my skin as well if I don't. It's a powder and you can put it on with a pouf or with a brush. I prefer the brush because I think it goes on smoother and more evenly than a pouf. When I use a powder puff to put it on, I feel like I'm left a little streaky and unblended. It's as if I'm darker in some places than others and I end up going back over it with my favorite brush anyway.

It isn't a heavy coverage. It's not great on acne. It's good for when you're skin is already in good shape. They do offer a variety of shades and I can always find some ivory and porcelain ivory that doesn't give me an orange or fake tan tint.

It doesn't show up heavily around my forehead, cheeks, or nose like some other foundations. It's a bit dusty so you have to be sure to tap your brush out really well or gently brush the compact so you don't get too much foundation on it.

The brush that comes with it isn't very good. I like the foundation well enough but the brush could use some work.

Overall an okay foundation for the price category it's in.

L'Oreal True Match powder

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

I use the L'Oreal True Match powder in N2. It works great and does not feel too heavy on my face. But this is not a thick enough powder if you suffer from severe acne or need heavy coverage. I recommend using a foundation primer under this powder so it lasts longer. Overall, it is a great product and good for daily use.

L'Oreal True Match Compact is great

from Berlin, CT

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

Ive used L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup for a few years now. For a powder it has fairly good coverage, for someone with acne prone skin, coverage is very important to me. This powder although it doesn't completely cover blemishes, it covers all discoloring and redness. I use a concealer underneath and dust this powder on top for a perfect finish. This powder is super light and blendable and comes in many flattering shades, It works great under bronzer or blush and sits nicely and naturally on top of moisturizer or concealer to give your face a nice matte finish. This is perfect for people with naturally oily skin because it absorbs excess oil and doesn't clog pores so you don't have to worry about causing breakouts. The packaging of this product is great with the little mirror, to use on the go or for quick touch ups. However I wouldn't use the applicator provided because it tends to harbor bacteria and dirt that could cause breakouts.

A little thick, but great match

from Pine Bluff, AR

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

Having combination skin means the worst of both worlds: a shiny T-zone coupled with dry, flaky areas elsewhere. I need a powder to sop up the oil, especially in during the hot months of summer. Growing up, I had problems finding a good match for my oliveish, but fairly light skintone. Enter: **L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder. **This line offers more shades than any other drug store brand on the market, organized into neutral, warm and cool skin tones. A perfect match for me would probably be somewhere between a W3 and N3, but I settle on W3.

A few complaints: For a pressed powder, this is a little thick, providing quite a bit of coverage, which isn't really necessary for many already using a foundation. It also has a tendency to turn a little orange, a common issue with olive toned makeup. Overall, however, this gets the job done at an affordable price. The mirror is generous and one container lasts FOREVER. It also works well in conjunction with the True Match foundation line.

great power

from Woodbridge, VA

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

I am rarely wear make up because I didn't go to work or school. I am stay at home mom for a while. I don't wear make up regularly so my skin face doesn't like me to put make up on it I think. Sometimes I do go to birthday party or something like that so I want to put some power on my face to cover some discoloration spots. I tried some other power and I feel itching on my face and I have to wash it immediately. One day i saw my friend use this Loreal true match super blendable compact make up and her skin look very natural. I tried it and thought maybe it will make my skin itching too but luckily it did not. I am very happy that I find out the right make up for me. However if I wear make up for all day, my skin look oily a little bit but it 's not a big problem. I use tissue to wipe and if it need I can re apply very fast. The price of this item is good and I think you may try it to see if you like this Loreal make up like me.

Big Fan of L'Oreal powder!

from Whitehouse, TX

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

I absolutely LOVE this powder. It works wonders on touch-ups throughout the day, but here's my best tip:

After cleansing, moisturizing, and after my eye cream has dried, I pat the powder on my eyelids. It works as a base for my eyeshadow (to prevent creasing), and prepares my lashes for mascara. It works as a thickener so I don't have to use as much mascara. This powder is a staple in my make-up bag, and I even have an extra one in my purse. Quite a steal for the price, and you can't beat the fact that you can get it almost anywhere. I also love the sponge applicator.

Highly, highly recommended

Love L'Oreal True Match Compacts!!

from Grants Pass, OR

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

About a year ago I had a really good coupon for this and so I thought I'd give it a try.  I didn't have any one powder that I loved so I thought what the heck?  I instantly fell in love with L'Oreal's True Match Series!  The Compact as well as the base.  This covers well and makes my face look flawless!!  I don't feel like it looks like your wearing too much makeup, either.  Which I can't stand it when I look too made over, I like to look natural - which is what L'Oreal True Match does for me.  I also love that the little foam applicator fits in the bottom nicely!  It makes it so easy if you need to put some on on-the-go!  I like to keep one in my purse as well as my make-up bag at home so I will always have my TrueMatch compact with me if I need to cover up a little oilyness that may have come on from the whole day!!  If you are interested in this product, I would recommend getting the matching base, too!!

True match is true

from Concord, NC

Comments about L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup:

This is the most natural-looking makeup I own. It is very mattifying, which is a blessing for my oily skin, and it also matches my pale skin, which we all know is difficult in the world of yellow-happy foundations. It does not, however, have much coverage. You can see my acne and acne scarring through this, but how beautifully natural it appears actually makes it okay to have a bit of blemish showing through. Hard to believe, I know. If you have a really good concealor, this could be perfect. There is one of hang-up that is hard to ignore, though: it makes my skin flaky. I'm sure that this would happen with any pressed powder, not just Loreals True Match, but alas.... If I press hard, it covers more blemishes but makes more flakes. If I apply gently, there are less flakes but less coverage as well. For a pressed powder, it does a marvelous job of not caking into wrinkles. It hot humid weather, it may turn a bit more yellow. Overall, I definitely recommend this for fellow pale-skinned folks, especially if you don't have much acne/scarring and if you have oily skin.