3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

L'oreal OneSweep is a quick, perfectly coordinated eyeshadow

As part of a BzzAgent Campaign, I was able to try the L'oreal One Sweep Eyeshadow. BzzAgent sent me the product to try and tell about.

The concept is one...Read complete review

The concept is one pallet of three different coordinated colors. The sponge applicator is swiped across the pallet with the tip of the sponge at the top of the pallet. The tip of the sponge is then placed at the corner of the eye and swiped across the eyelid. The sponge applies all three colors across the lid giving it a smokey, playful look. The sponge is then flipped over and the process is repeated.

As I often am with new products, I was hesitant to expect anything great. I will admit that I was disappointed at first. It took me a few tries to get used to the applicator and getting the colors to evenly apply. Once I figured out that it took more than one swipe to get the eyeshadow to apply as I wanted it, I was actually very pleased. I found that the colors were very complimentary to my eye color and blended well.

One tip I would suggest is to use this product with a primer. I found that the colors blend best and stand out best if there is a primer base. I would also suggest playing with the applicator to get it to work for you.

L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow... Ugh. Just ugh.

Oof. L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow.. I had a feeling this product wouldn't be good, but I got lured in by an endcap display, had a coupon, and figured I'd try it. Huge thumbs down. The concept is a good one - supposed to give a perfectly blended, 3 shadow look, in "one sweep". The colors are layered/stacked in the pan, and it comes with a large sponge applicator, curved on one end. You are supposed to sweep the applicator across the pan, then flip it and do the other side. Then sweep one side over one eye (line up the curve to the eye you are working on), then flip and do the other eye. Sounds easy, right? And they have a whole range of shades - some neutral for all eyes, then at least two each for each eye color - brown, blue, and green. Lovely shades in the pan, really pretty... But..

First... The colors are barely pigmented. All shine - they are so much more sparkly on the eye than they appear to be in the pan. All sparkle, no pigment.

Second - even with barely any pigment, the colors don't blend, they sit on top of each other on the eye.

Third - the darker liner sits way above the lashline, leaving bare skin between the color and the lash line - a noticeable line. For the record, I do not have small eyelids, I have large eyes/lids - the applicator is really big, but not too big for me, or the average eyelid.

Fourth - if you mess up, you would have to clean off and start over - I tested this. I went back over my first application with a second layer, trying to darken the pigment - took great care to line up with the first layer, and still wound up not getting it exactly right.

Fifth, I think long-term, unless you wash the applicator after each use, and have the steadiest, most precise hand/eye coordination known to man, after just a few uses, the colors are going to get all mixed up on the applicator anyway.

If I hadn't paid so little for it, I'd take it back. It isn't even good with my brushes, as there is barely any pigment at all.

This product was such a bad idea

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

Did anyone actually think this would work well? The fact that a board of people working at a large company came up with this idea, tested it, and still released it astounds me. I guess people mostly bought it just because it was an oddity, but I hope no one actually expected this would help make their eye shadow application instant. This really just makes an awkward smudgy mess on your face that you have to go in and clean up with brushes anyway. I guess you can use a brush to individually apply each shadow but you could probably just buy much better quality individual shadows instead. The applicator is completely useless. What a ridiculous idea.

Not as easy to use as advertised.

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I thought the idea behind this was great and too much to resist; I really had to know if it worked and if it was as easy as the package claimed that it was so I bought one just to see before I committed to buying more. The price tag was reasonable so I didn't feel like I was losing much in trying it out.
The technique was harder to manage than it stated and took several tries to get the hang of it; and once I did I was still disappointed because half the time it was too smudged and the rest of the time the colors separated too much so it was fifty-fifty to getting it to work correctly.
Even that aside it wouldn't have been so bad if the colors had been good but they weren't; too light and didn't last out half the day even when I ended up putting it on with one of my regular brushes instead of the one that came with the package.
I would have loved for this to work, the idea was very appealing but it wasn't a very user-friendly attempt at it.

This eye shadow made putting on my makeup a snap!

from Pelion, SC

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I love this eye shadow, when I first saw it in the store,I was like yeah right one sweep and I said you know what I am gonna give it a try! I got home and did my makeup and I was amazed at how easy and how pretty I looked with just one sweep of the eye shadow! I did find that I like it better when I did two sweeps for a darker shade of color! But all in all I loved the eye shadow so much I went back the next day and got two more different shades of eye shadow! They advise you to get the color that matches your eye color, I did buy the ones for green eyes because my eyes are green and I got the shades for brown eyes, the colors look great on all eye color, but the best look is to follow what L'Oreal advises for your eye color! This is one of the best products I have used in a long time! I hope they come out with some new colors soon!

L'oreal OneSweep is a quick, perfectly coordinated eyeshadow

from Greensboro, NC

Not Swept Away by this One-Sweep

from Folsom, CA

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I received this as a sample - I can't recommend this product. The one-sweep concept might be okay, but the colors are a little too frosted for my taste. The frost was so shiny that having 3 colors in a one-sweep got lost in the luminosity. Kinda reminds me of the 70's - add a little sequined tank top and satin hot pants and maybe it'll work. This was definitely a no-go for me. Don't mind a little sparkle sometimes but I can't say I'm one of those people who can get away with glittery eyeshadow.

Great Shadow for Those On the Go!

from Savannah, TN

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I got this product to review by mail. I had heard of it and even seen it in the store prior to me using it, and I thought, "what a cool idea, but does it really work?" So, when I got mine in the mail, I put it to use the first chance I got. Upon using it, I noticed how easy it was to get all three shades of shadow onto the applicator. As I swept it across my eye, all three colors were applied. I thought the idea of the "eye lid" shaped applicator was a great idea. And, it does work. After applying, I did use a make up sponge to blend it some, for the look that I wanted. But, overall, I say this was a really great idea. I think that each person will just have to make it work for them. But, blending is really a must. This shadow is a great idea also for those who are in a hurry to get ready for work in the mornings, or those of us who do not enjoy the job of applying eye make up. I say give it a try and see how you like it. I was not disappointed with the end result!

Eye shadow is great, applicator not so much

from Evansville, WI

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I really liked this eye shadow but I really disliked the brush. I felt like I had no control over where the color was going. I also like to put the lighter color all the way up to my brows which I wasn't able to do in one swipe. I prefer my finger over a brush for eye shadow application anyway so I still gave this 4 stars. I really like how the colors go together. The eye shadow stayed looking nice all day.

One Sweep Eye shadow

from reading pa

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I received the **L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow **in the mail the other day. I'm a Bzz Agent and I was so excited to be apart of the campaign! The compact I got was for brown eyes, and the colors were just perfect! I must admit I only used the aplicator a few times just yet, and I am far from mastering it! lol After reading some of the others reveiws I am going to give it another try before giving this a poor reewiew. Well heres to practice making perfect, Wish me luck

Fun and easy to use

from Elk Grove Village, IL

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I received this product for free from BzzAgent and was excited to try it out. I carefully read the instructions and applied as directed. I have found it to be easy to use, although I can't just sweep the brush across once and have enough color. I need to sweep it across one way using one side of the applicator and then come back the other way using the other side. I like that I can apply all three colors at one time and everything goes on neatly with no need to blend the three colors together. What I don't like is the order that the colors are in. On the eye shadow that I received the darkest brown in on the bottom thereby going on near my lashes. The medium color is in the middle, and the lightest color goes on near my lashes. I have been told to put the darkest color in the crease of my eye because putting it near my lashes makes my eyes look sunken. I have also read this advice in magazines. So I don't understand why they would make it so that the darkest color is on the bottom and not in the middle. I have started applying the shadow a second time putting the darkest color in the crease, and it seems to be working fine.

Must Have Staple

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow:

I'm a BZZagent and I got a sample to try for free and I have to say I love it. I felt like it really was simple to apply since it's all in one applicator, instead of three eyeshadows. I wore it at night when I would go out and it really made my eyes stand out. I actually thought it worked well.