3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

I am so glad I caved and bought this mascara. It's AMAZING!

***Quick View***: If you have been wondering is the hype surrounding **L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara **was true, let me assure you, IT IS! I bought this mascara after discussing it with fellow beauty divas on the discussion boards and saying I would "take one for team" and try this mascara. I am so glad I did. It is amazing. VERY dramatic!

***My Take on L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara***

Hot on the heels of Givenchy's mascara with a little ball brush, L'Oreal made their own drugstore version. I thought the little ball brush looked ridiculous and could never give me the type of results I like. I have straight, thin lashes and I like drama. I want my lashes to be long, dark, full, and frame my eyes in a flattering way. Only a few mascaras have truly lived up to all my preferences. And truth be told, **L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara **doesn't completely live up to them either. It can clump after a couple of coats.

This mascara has a tiny ball-like brush the likes of which I had never seen before (until Givenchy introduced their pricey mascara with a similar brush). I shunned buying this mascara because traditionally L'Oreal eye products don't work well for me. I finally broke down and got some in Backest Black and put it to the test.

The little ball brush looks like it could kill me but, really, it's very easy to use. It does take a little extra time to apply the mascara to all lashes since the ball is so small but the results are worth it. After one coat, my lashes were so long that they looked fake. There were no clumps and I had volume. I should have stopped there but I tried a second coat and that produced some clumps and just too much overall drama. And this is coming from someone who longs for dramatic lashes.

With one coat,** L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara** lengthens more than just about any mascara I own. It adds volume. The brush gets into corners and on tiny bottom lashes and makes them long and dark. If I use just one coat, I don't get the spider leg look that I dread. If I use more coats, my lashes do start to look spidery so I will use one coat and be done with it.

This mascara is really amazing. I never expected the results I got. It certainly exceeded my expectations! The mascara didn't flake or run all day and came off with my usual cleanser.

It's REALLY good but really dramatic so, if you like just a bit of darkening and length, this mat be too dramatic for you. Also note that the little ball can get clumpy after a few uses so you may need to wipe it down now and then to avoid build up.

***My Viewpoint***

I really like **L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara**! the little brush is pure genius (stolen from Givenchy). It makes my lashes noticeably longer and darker. The ball brush gets to even the tiniest lashes with ease. The mascara adds volume as well although not quite as much as I would like. It doesn't clump unless you use two or three coats and then it does start to get a bit clumpy. You can use an eyelash comb or just stick with one coat. It's all you need! Amazing stuff, this **L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara** is.*** 4 stars***. I would go with 5 but the clumping issue after a coat or two made me take a star off. But still VERY highly recommended for those who like really long, dramatic lashes.

I'm so disappointed with L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara!

I have wanted to try this mascara since it first came out.  I read the reviews that said this was a great mascara, so I had to break down and buy it.  Well, I didn't like it when I first used it, and now that I've been using it for a week, I still hate it!

Who wouldn't want to try a mascara that has a completely new design for a brush?  A brush in the shape of a spiky ball sounds very interesting, so that's of course what led me and probably many others, to buy this mascara.

**L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara **says it will "lengthen, thicken, and separate 100% of lashes"; even hard-to-reach corner lashes.  It also says that it is clump-free, flake-free and smudge-proof.

My Experience

The little ball brush is about the size of a large pea.  It has spiky bristles all over it like a weapon to be swung around to club people.  I found this brush extremely hard to use.  I don't care for the fact that I can't sweep all my lashes at once with mascara.  I don't like having to go through my lashes in sections, I want to have a longer brush that enables me to glide through all my lashes in a single sweep; that's my personal preference.

Yes, my lashes did get some length and volume, but contrary to the package's claims, I did get clumps.  I don't know if it's due to the mascara formula or the bristles, but the clumping made my lashes stick together and I had to use a safety pin to separate them.  Also, I wasn't able to get those "hard-to-reach corner lashes" because the ball is so round, I would either have to poke my eye or get mascara on my eye area to reach that angle with such an awkward shaped brush.

Overall, the novelty of **L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara **is what got me to purchase it, and the same novelty is what will make me throw it away.  That's all it is...a novelty, not a practical, functioning mascara.

Not worth the money

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I purchased this mascara thinking it would better shape and define my lashes, but it makes a mess of the job. Since the brush is a tiny spiky ball shape, it only gives you the opportunity to work on several parts of your lashes at once (fragment of your overall lid) and then has a tendency to clump them. Almost every time I apply it, it ends up clumping my lashes and leaves a very thick overcoat appearance on the lashes. There have been several times in trying to use the brush to work out the clumps, it ends up clumping it further or putting so much on my lashes that it leaves black marks on the surrounding areas where my lashes end up touching skin. I wouldn't purchase this product again.

Brush size really beneficial

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I got this product years ago and still am able to use it today! The brush size and shape especially prevents excessive clumping and accidental mascara marks on skin. The formula as well did a very splendid job of lengthening my eyelashes without the fake look of thickened, stuck together ones. I would recommend this product to anyone, it's wonderful!

It has lasted me quiet a while, 2 years in fact! Every time I put it on I am able to wear it all day for a subtle, naturally long look to my eyelashes. This product works without being an obvious layer of makeup. Anyone looking for a more natural look to their eye makeup routine would be very happy to use this product.

Ease of Application
I do tend to need to go over each section of lashes two or three times to get a good dark color to them. However, I view this as a benefit since less is more and too much mascara is terrible looking! Subtle look but striking results.

• Ease of Application:

Different, not perfect, but a good start

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I wasn't thrilled with this mascara, but I wasn't too disappointed either. I thought the applicator- a ball type- worked well. The wand is also very long- which can either be seen as good because it gives you more room to see where you are applying better- or bad because a lot of the makeup stays on the stick and if you're not careful you might end up a mess. The ball itself lets you get all the lashes even the hard to reach areas. However, that said, the mascara itself can be kind of clumpy. You have to take it out just right for it to not clump all over the place. Sometimes I have to use a clean mascara brush to get out the clumps.

Telescopic is no joke!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I have tried a lot of mascaras. I am always looking for the latest and greatest mascara and finally found it! I used Lash Out for a while and swore it was the best mascara out there until I found this one. I am constantly getting compliments on my eyelashes. People ask me DAILY if I have extensions or if they are fake. I proudly tell them that they are mine. I LOVE this mascara and recommend it to everyone!

• Ease of Application:

This is hands down the ...

from Gilmer, TX

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

This is hands down the best mascara out there, and I've tried them all I think!! It takes a little more time and a bit of practice, but it is well worth the results!! This mascara has given me more length and definition than any other product out there.

I have shortish blonde lashes and it's nice, with the little ball brush to get the little tiny lashes in the inside corners of my eyes. I simply can't praise this mascara enough!! And telescopic explosion is so fitting of a name because that is exactally what it does!! Love LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!!!

Ease of Application
Takes a little more practice and takes a little longer to apply than typical mascara...but so very worth it!!

Awkward Brush!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I don't know how this mascara ever got to come out on the market and how it could have received good reviews from others, but it has got to be the worst mascara I've ever used in my life. At first, I was excited to try this mascara out because of its unique design of the brush. However, after attempting to use the brush on my lashes, it just did not work! The round brush was awkward to handle and difficult to apply on my lashes. The product came out gunky and would weigh down my lashes almost immediately. It was hard to distribute the product evenly on all lashes. Since it could only be used on a small portion of my lashes since the ball is so small, my whole lashes would look uneven in the end. It took alot longer applying this mascara than any other mascara I've used in the past. Plus it was very difficult and frustrating applying this mascara on my lashes that I regretted buying this immediately. After it was all done, my lashes didn't even look great! It was weighed down, clumpy, didn't really lengthen or curl my lashes, and it looked worse than not applying the mascara at all. I felt like I went through all that trouble trying to apply it for no reason. I looked horrible. And it smudged after a couple hours and I had raccoon eyes. Unbelievable. I never used it again. It went straight into the trash can. Maybe for others it worked on getting the little lashes on the corners. But other than that, it had no use for me.

loreal telescopic explosion mascara makes amazing lashes

from Chicago Heights, IL

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I tried this product just from seeing the commercials. I had never seen a brush that was made this way. It is shaped like a circular brush. Very neat! It took a little getting use to because you have to apply the mascara a little differnetly,but the results are amazing! I already have long lashes but this product made it look like I had on some celebrity lashes. I love this product!

This loreal telescopic explosion mascara is fantastic

from Danby, VT

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

I have spent my life time looking for a great mascara. It is about the only make up that I wear so it has to be wonderful. I have tried several different brands and there are several that I would wind up returning to. They were good enough to go back to after trying one more, but there was still something missing. Then this product came out. I have long lashes and the brush that is in this mascara really allows me to get into the lashes so that I can create volume to go with my length. I can usually find a mascara that allows the length of my lashes to come out but I have had trouble finding one to add volume. After applying this for the first time my reaction was,"WOW". My lashes looked like they belonged on a model. This really made them stand out. You did not have to be up close to see my lashes. They were long and full of volume. I thouroughly enjoy using this product and am willing to pay the price even though it is a little high. I recommend this mascara to anyone who wants their lashes to explode with volume.

not so explosive

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

this is one of the better mascaras that i've tried and i'm currently using the waterproof one. i do like it more than the stiletto one that i used before this one, although i might be having second thoughts. this mascara does give you lashes length, however it does not really hold up your curl the whole day. i do love the brush and how you can reach from one end to the other end to get every lash possible on your eye. i sometimes add another coat to make it longer but it doesnt help too much since my curls don't stay so curly. i ahve yet to do more testing on mascara but this one would be good if you have long lashees to begin with because it'll add more length and volume and it'll be noticeable unlike my lashes--

L'oreal mascara is amazing

from Monroe Township, NJ

Comments about L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara:

Finally a mascara that handles those tiny little eye lashes. The telescopic mascara is so easy to use and gets all your lashes. It takes a little more time and effort but the results are worth it. No clumping and no lumps sticking 3 or 4 lashes together. The brush allows you to coat even the tiniest of hairs - some I did not even know where there until they appeared like magic. The mascara does not seem to dry out and it seems to last a long time. I have extremely sensitive eyes and had absolutely no problem using this product. The only problem I have is removing the mascara. I am still on the hunt for the perfect eye make up remover so I do not really blame this product as everything I try does the same thing.