3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

L'Oreal Sublime Mousse Color Is A Good Choice

If you read my reviews you may think I spend all of my time buying and trying cosmetics and hair care products. WRONG!!! I have to work to earn the money to buy these products! Three weeks ago I reviewed the John Frieda foam hair color and I have just used the L'oreal Mousse Foam Color. If I could combine these two products, we would have a true winner on our heads! This foam is easy to mix up and has no awful smell. It is a permanent hair color - I have no use or time for the wash out in 28 shampoo versions. Unlike the Frieda which requires sqeezing the bottle to produce foam, the L'oreal has a pump system to create the foam. Which sounds like a vast improvement except the gloves that come with it are so slippery (missing the Frieda gloves) that I considered just sitting on the floor and doing the color because the bottle slid out of my hands so often. So I put the bottle on the counter and pumped away. It does not create voluminous foam either just out of the pump or on your head. The Frieda produced copious mousse and it stayed mousse-y on the head. The L'oreal goes limp pretty quickly and the instructions direct you to massage it every few minutes to keep the mousse effect and prevent dripping. What is the point of a mousse if dripping is inevitable? Missing the Frieda again. The "shampoo" phase is a joke. It made no lather which left me wondering if my hair was going to be clean. So I used my favorite color safe shampoo and did a quick shampooing. The conditioner that comes with it is adequate: the same tube style found in most color kits (not nearly as luxurious as the Frieda) and it is a yellow color unlike most which are white. The L'oreal color developed far closer to light brown than the Frieda did and covered more gray. For that reason alone I might stick with the L'oreal. I mentioned in the Frieda review that foam is really not the way to go if you want to do roots only and the L'oreal does not even give directions for root only application. Keep this in mind when trying to apply foam to parted sections.

The Poorest Experience I Have Had Yet

I was attempting to take someone who was used to having copper red and bright red hair back to their natural color which is dark to medium brown. I looked around for a lot of different products that would give a nice gentle boost to brown so that this person could go back to their color and ease the grow out process. Boy were we both shocked at the results!

This dye is a different method which has a pump situation that causes a foaming of the dye to make application easier and make it not drip from the head so much. I actually found it to be MORE prone to drip than conventional dye which gels up when properly mixed. The color being dark brown was expected to leave the hair at least a dark reddish brown but after applying the mousse dye, doing the washing and conditioner phase we were shocked to find the hair to have come out.....brighter copper than before? There was hardly a touch of brown at all to the hair! Talk about a lot of work for nothing!!!! I had purchased two of these boxes of dye in hopes of having another to redye in the future, but I just returned it. The effectiveness was ridiculously none!

Ease of Application
Despite the idea of the mousse being easier to apply, I feel that it was just a gimmick. The foam drips quickly if you don't keep mooshing it up on your head to keep it on the mousse side of things. The shampoo and conditioner phase was not too hard, but honestly, this whole process seemed like much ado about nothing. The results were so bad that I don't think I have ever had this kind of frustration with a dye since they changed the Punky Colors formulation way back when from Wow to ICK!

Good color, great brand, but not a fan.

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I never had a problem with this brand before until i tried this product. I am not a fan of the mousse at all. The mousse is no where near as effective as normal liquid or bottle dye. The color doesn't come out as vibrant or as sleek as other dyes. It comes out actually pretty dull and dim. Also, the color doesn't last long. The color wears out pretty quickly, i assume because it doesn't take to hair one hundred percent (100%) the way it should. However, if the dye does take to your hair and looks all fancy and sleek and vibrant and fantastic the color wears out quicker than you'd believe, making it hard to look nice for long. You'll be right back in the store buying another box or two to fix up your hair color that has washed out only a few showers. Although, the color often doesn't taken the best to it's abilities and isn't as vibrant and glossy as competing brands, it is extremely easy to apply. The product is made to be a foam so it just pumps right into your hand and goes into and or onto your hair just like shampoo.

A Bit Letdown.

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I ordered L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color in the Pure Dark Brown # 40 off of the internet. It had really great reviews and I was so excited to try it. I ordered two boxes because it typically takes that much color to cover my head. I thought that the fact that it was mousse would make it easier to apply. I found out that this was not the case. If anything, it made it harder to apply because it kept dripping off and out of the gloves. I was hoping it would be less hands on then the traditional color that comes in a squirt bottle, but I was wrong. I think that this is a great idea and a great concept, I just feel like they fell short of the execution. The color did turn out great but seemed to fade a little bit quicker than other L'Oreal colors I have used. Two boxes did do the trick but I can't say that I will use this color again. The mousse just isn't as cool as it sounds and the application is very messy.

Easy Apply Mousse

from Flint, TX

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

This product is so easy to mix and to apply to your hair. It has a bottle of developer with a foaming applicator pump on top. You just have to pour the liquid-to-mousse colorant into the developer and gently swirl back and forth until both are mixed together, should not be shaken. When you press the pump the color comes out in just the amount you want each time to massage into your hair. It is soooo simple to do. My only problem is that the color is not true. I got pure light brown because my hair is light brown mixed with gray. After setting and washing out, it turned much darker than what I expected the light brown to be. It was more like medium brown that I've used in other products. It did not match the color as shown on the box for shade selection guide. Even though the color was too dark, it covered everything including the gray very well. Next time I will select a blonde shade so the color does not turn too dark.

The Poorest Experience I Have Had Yet

from Podunk, NY

Fades too fast

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I used this hair dye one time and then never bought it again. The mousse made my hair dry and crunchy while I waited for my application time to be up so I could rinse it out, and then when I rinsed it all of the color went with the mousse. You could barely tell that I had dyed my hair, and within a week it looked like it needed to be dyed again so I went and bought another brand and redid it.

The color rinses out when you rinse the dye out of your hair and then you can barely tell that you've dyed your hair, especially if you were just trying to dye it a darker color. Within a week you'll want to dye your hair again.

Ease of Application
Fairly easy to use, but the mousse is harder to get all over your hair than the regular hair dye cream is.

Love it!

from Huntington Station, NY

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I have been coloring my hair at home for many years and have never found a product that leaves my hair feeling this soft and silky!!!!! L'Oreal Sublime Mousse hair color is fabulous. Having very dark brown almost black hair as my natural color, I have a hard time findng a color that looks natural..either they are too light or too dark. This product comes in a perfect shade for me, darkest brown #30. Not only did it do a great job of hiding my greys, it left my hair feeling like it did before I started coloring it, soft and silky! Although the mousse aspect is different, I will get used to it. It wasn't hard, just different fromwhat I was used to. But worth the effort to make the change as the product works so well.. I LOVE IT!!!

• Ease of Application:

Don't fall for the hype!

from Eldridge, IA

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I used this hair color on a Friday for a wedding on Saturday. By Monday the gray was showing through and by today, Wednesday, you can't tell I colored my hair at all, my roots are completely back to their previous color! I'm always very careful about coloring my hair, choosing the correct shade, etc and I have never had a color fade out so fast. Do NOT waste your money on this one!

The Best Lo'real Hair Coloring Product Ever

from Kenosha, WI

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

Well I would like to start by saying I have been dying my butt length hair for years. With hair this long, I always a different set of challages. Preferance by Lo'real has alway been my stand by. The more gray I have the harder it is to keep things even, with tones and highlights. I have found that now I have do the whole head when I dye, which did I mention is like once a month because of how fast my hair grows.

Lo'real Sublime Mousse, has the consistancy of shampoo, smooth and velvety. I'm lovin' it so far. Easy coverage, a very big deal for me. What I did slop on my skin, rinsed off with minimal effort. Rinsing is rinsing. It takes a long time and lots of water. I know that coming in. The after care conditioner was lovely. I used two boxes of colorant, so I got two conditioners, Yay! The real test is the color quality, and trueness to the box. They were spot on! The color is great. My hair is still soft and silky. I have always been a fan of Lo'real, "because I'm worth it" , Sublime Mousse has sealed the deal!! Best part is I got it on sale at my favorite store for 5.99 per box!!

L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Pure Dark Brown 40

from Alden, IL

Comments about L'Oreal Paris Sublime Mousse Color, Pure Dark Brown #40:

I love to color my hair at the comfort of my home, mostly using Loreal hair coloring products, I always apply a thick layer of the lotion around my hairline area to prevent coloring solution from spreading and color my skin.

Using Sublime Mousse was a wonderful experience. Mess free solution with pleasant Scent of the coloring solution itself and Conditioner included (different from stronf ammonia scent of the average haircolors ), it was so amaizingly easy to apply, and the result is absolutelly breathtaken!

L'Oreal Sublime Mousse Color Is A Good Choice