Other Eyeliners:
L'Oreal
L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Color Truth Cream Eyeliner - All Shades

L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Color Truth Cream Eyeliner - All Shades

My favorite eyeliner

L'Oreal High Intensity Pigment Cream Eyeliner is my favorite eyeliner. The formula is very creamy and easy to apply. It dries quickly and once dry it stays put all day, even on my somewhere oily eyelids. The colors are highly pigmented, just as advertised, so don't buy the black one unless you really do want BLACK eyeliner. The brown shade is my favorite. I'm not a big fan of the brush that comes with the eyeliner - but I don't think that is a big enough issue to rate the product as a whole lower.

dramatic gel eyeliner

Loreal Hip Cream Eyeliner is a creamy gel packaged in a little pot that comes with a brush for application. This eyeliner is kind of dramatic and heavy. It looks really good, but can be easy to over do. It looks best if lining the upper lid only, in a glamorous vintage style. It can appear too harsh on the lower lid or water lines. I am sure there are some ladies out there who can make it work and look good in those areas, but i can't. I'm not the best at make up application.

I really like this eyeliner when it's new. It is smooth, velvety-soft and glides on easily. The only problem is mine seems to dry out really fast, so it's dry and not-so-easy to apply. I find that it does last on the eye awhile, but i wouldn't say it's smudge-proof.

Loreal Hip products can run a little pricey, but I notice that many drug stores have buy one get one free on Loreal products. That is the only time I buy them, because it takes the sting out of the price.

Time consuming

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Color Truth Cream Eyeliner - All Shades:

I bought thIs stuff because I liked the glass jar it came in and thought it would last much longer than the pencil eyeliners I normally buy. It comes with a small slanted stiff brush for applying. I had good luck getting it on my upper lids after I used it a few times but it is much different than using a pencil. It goes on a lot thicker and more noticeable than pencil. Its definitely more time consuming to use this kind because of having to dip the brush in the jar and then it is messy because of that too. A jar lasts forever and it doesn't dry out.

Great eyeliner for the price.

from Michigan

I received this product as a Christmas gift. I was very skeptical about it at first, since I have always used regular eyeliner. I was not sure if I would like it and it appeared as if it would be difficult as well as time consuming to apply. But it proved me wrong. I am head over heels for this eyeliner. It is very easy to apply with the brush and you can get the eyeliner almost perfect on the first try. It has a very creamy texture which makes it easier to apply and comes with a slanted eyeliner brush. A little bit of this eyeliner goes a very long way! It lasts until I take it off and does not smear or smudge. The color is absolutely great too, if you're going for a bold look. Or if you've been wanting the "cat eye" eyeliner look it can help you achieve this effortlessly. It also removes easily as well. The price is not too bad but I've noticed here in a smaller town it's harder to find! I recommend this eyeliner to anyone!

Clumpy

from Austell, GA

I love using a brush with eye liner, but this one was difficult to use with **any** type of eye liner brush. It was too thick to use as a shadow, and when I did get it to perform, it went on clumpy and it looked that way, too. A cream or cake eye liner should glide on smoothly to get that oh-so-perfect line.

Not really for the novice...it's AWESOME!

from Stafford, TX

So, I am letting you know up front that this is NOT exactly new make up user friendly. However, it is great to have in your collection to tinker around with your looks and definitely a great staple for the smokey eye (of which I am hooked on in every way you can smoke out an eye). Just keep that in mind if you do no use make up on a regular. It can be awkward, come off as messy and flat out difficult to apply without over doing it. You will want to play around and find better applicators. Almost all of these products come with horrible, cheap and almost useless applicators. Get a few thin brushes, rounded brushes and lots of those cheap sponge shadow applicators. It will help you blend and tone it down if you do a bit too much. Be sure to reseal this nice and tight because it dries. You can even use your finger if that helps, just know a little can go a long way with darker pigments. No need to pile it on.

Wish I could give it more stars!

from Chicago, IL

This L'Oreal HiP Cream Eyeliner is literally the best eyeliner I've ever used. I'd give it more stars if I could, and its worth more then they charge for it!

First of all, the colors are all nice and bold without looking too bright or tacky. I use the eggplant color because I have light brown eyes, and it really makes the shade of my eyes pop!

Application can be a little messy, just because it involves using the brush to paint on a smooth line. This can be hard to do if the eyeliner is clumping on the brush causing the brush to lose its precision. I've found that just cleaning the brush with a bit of baby oil on a cotton ball restores to brush to its original smoothness and sleekness.

Also, another plus is that this lasts a long time. I've been on the same jar for about a year now!

But my overall favorite part is that the color lasts! It doesn't fade like so many other products (that are far more expensive). Its water proof and by the end of the day I still have bright color and NO RACCOON EYES!

The only Cream Eyeliner I'll use

from Pierre, SD

I don't really like cream eyeliners, i was always a liquid eyeliner girl, but i bought this one in black and i really do love it. It's very easy to apply, it glides on very easily.

This eyeliner is actually pretty long lasting. You do get somewhat of a smudge after about 5 hours or so but it can be easily cleaned up. I love the colors this comes in too. Be wary the "Eggplant" is a hard look to pull off, haha.

If you're buying this product for the first time and you do not own a eyeliner brush then I'd suggest going out and buying one because the brush that comes with the eyeliner is horrible. It pretty much attacks your eye. (Mine got scratched when i tried it out) It's very stiff and too small for my liking.

The packaging isn't good at all for me. When i dip my brush i have to wipe off the sides and excess makeup off the brush onto the side of the container which makes it really messy and not so convenient for mornings.

It's a nice eyeliner though. The only decent one I've managed to find so I'll keep it around for awhile. I would recommend this to friends also, if that helps any.

Hip cream eyeliner is the Best eyeliner I have ever used

from Menomonee Falls, WI

I bought this L'Oreal Hip studio secrets color truth cream eyeliner in black, and must say that this is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. It lasts all day and does not run. The black is just the right shade to play with also, not too dark or too light, and can be adjusted by the amount you apply. It smudges nicely for a smokey look, or applied thicker for a cat eye look. The only complaint I have is the brush it comes with is a little rough. Buy your own applicator brush.

Love it, but...

from Pierre, SD

I LOVE this product! It's the only eyeliner I use lately. I've owned all the shades and love them all.

One of my favorite things about this product is how easy it just gently glides on. You need a light hand for this stuff, though! I also like how little of the product it takes for you to actually get a good line on top and bottom. It's pretty easy to remove also, I don't even have to use makeup remover at times, i just grab some water and wash my face off and i'm good to go. It's pretty long lasting. After about 8 hours it's still good. It does smear though, like most eyeliners do. It's very easy to fix ;)

There are a couple things i don't like about the product. First being the container. Ahh, the container... When i barely dip my brush into it i have to wipe the sides of the brush off on the side of the container which in the end makes it look really messy and not only that... It gets on my white blankets when i'm rushing out of the shower. The container size is a hit and miss for me. The size of the container is very convienent. (It's very small, about the size of your index finger and thumb making a circle) I didn't like the brush it came with too much. I feel it's too rough and it kinda pokes a little, so i use my own.

Overall this is a great product, I'd recommend to all my friends and family. It's atleast worth a shot.

L'oreal HiP Liner - For the Win!!

from Fresh Meadows, NY

For the price you pay for the L'oreal Hip Studio Cream Eyeliner, it is definitely worth the price. When I bought this eyeliner, the quality and pigmentation of this product is crazy! Very pigmented, and the quality is so good for a drug store brand. I bought the eyeliner in Black and I just feel in love with it. I decided to buy the cream eyeliner in eggplant as well!!!

I know E.L.F has a similar product to it...and it was much cheaper...so I decided to give it a try. One word I would use to describe the E.L.F product is "FAIL". Compared to the HiP cream eyeliner, E.L.F doesn't stand a chance. the E.L.F's cream eyeliner so extremely hard to apply and the product is very drying and flaky right from the start of opening the package. I would say, if you are planning to buy the E.L.F cream eyeliner because its cheaper. Please save your money and get the L'Oreal HiP cream eyeliner instead. You'll definitely get your moneys worth with L'Oreal HiP cream eyeliner.

One thing I did notice about the HiP cream eyeliner is that, it can dry out. After a couple of month the product does get dry (which is the only reason why I am not giving this product 5 stars). However, I just take a toothpick and just mix the product up again...and it becomes smooth again.

I LOVE THIS CREAM EYELINER!!!

I love L'oreal HiP liner!

from Palo Alto, CA

This eye liner is amazing. At first, I thought it was crap becuase I didn't know how to apply it. But when you learn how it really works. It stays on all day and doesn't smudge. This stuff won't come off from just rubbing it, you need at least water. Apply it by dipping the brush into the pot. I usually take the brush and scrape it along the surgace sideways, to get a neat line. Then, apply to the lash-line. It's really easy after awhile. It's kind of in between pencil and liquid: easier to apply than pencil, but neater and less smudy than liquid.

In conclusion, I love my L'oreal HiP Cream Eyeliner! I have both the black and the brown. The brown is dark, but looks more natural, while the black is better for a dramatic look. I highly recomend this, be it for yourself or a gift. But if you or someone you know is looking for a new liner this works great. Not to mention the price is good, and you can buy it at any drug story.