Other Eyeshadows:
L'Oreal
L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades

L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades

Silky smooth and a great find

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I bought this in black on a whim because I wanted something besides an eyeliner pencil, wanted to try something new. I wasn't sure about it since other times I have attempted to buy gel eyeiners they dried out in the containers before I could use much of them but the price was so low on this that I figured it couldn't hurt to see if it was any good.
I am very glad I did try it out; it goes on smooth and silky without smearing unless you do it yourself and otherwise gives you a nice crisp line. Unlike cream liners this one is more gel based so it doesn't have a greasy fee to it at all and it dries well and fast. And once dry it stays there until you scrub it off.
But the best part was that I've had mine for months and it still has not dried out; it's just as good now as when I bought it.
The 'gel' is actually a thick paste of sorts that you can wet yourself if you want more striking color. I also find that it goes on much better when wet, it stays smoother and gives a darker line that way.

These are my favorite colors to wear!!!

from Utica, NY

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I noticed these colors relatively recently when I went on a shopping trip to a local drug store to replenish my makeup supply. The only reason these colors didn't catch my eye before I think was because they were placed so low to floor level, I'm glad I took a good long look while I shopped! I'm also glad I had some coupons and glad that L'oreal cosmetics happened to be on sale for buy one get one fifty percent off that day as well because I ended up getting a really good deal on cosmetics that would otherwise be a little too pricey for me. Anyways, I grabbed a few of these colors ( Intrepid & Rebel ) and when I put them on I was astounded at the vibrant color and how beautiful and shimmery they were! I REALLY love these colors!!! I love how some of the colors change shade as the light plays off them too! Intrepid is THE perfect color for me! I fully endorse this series of eyeshadows and plan to buy more as well!

L'Oreal HIP Shadows look GREAT, but be careful!

from norwood, OH

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

When you put this stuff on right, it looks really amazing. The color is very intense and shiney, and great for when you want to draw a lot of attention to your eyes. You can use it dry, or you can use it wet if you want a deeper look. I definitely think it's the only one of its kind that's available in regular drug and grocery stores.

That being said, applying takes some getting used to. Unless you're really experienced with look pigments (or just have a very steady hand), I recommend practicing applying it, because you need to know what you're dealing with before you decide to put it on and run out the door. This stuff is MESSY! I dip my brush in, and then blow off the excess, or else I end up with a very shiny, colorful face, and it can be tricky to remove. Even after blowing it off, I still tend to get some on my skin. I've also gotten it in my eyes, which didn't hurt, but made me look kind of funny.

I would certainly say this product is worth buying, and if you're CAREFUL, your eyes can look great. Just don't put too much on the brush!!!

smokey eyes made easy

from Danville, VA

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I rarely wear make-up but when I do, I want quality and the ability to have the looks I want. I came across HIP in the clearance bin about a year ago.  It doesn't take much to create the look you want. I had never used loose eyeshadow before HIP because I was leary of the mess.  So far if used correctly, it has been a great eyeshadow. I am able to get that smokey look with little effort.

Fabulous, intense color!

from Tenino, WA

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I usually keep my eye makeup fairly subdued.  But on a whim I decided to try out L'Oreal's HIP Shocking Shadow Pigments eye shadow.  I'm so glad I did.  The color I chose is still one of the more subdued of the HIP options, but it adds just enough glimmer and glam to my eyes to make me feel a little extra sparkly everyday.  It goes on easily, with the small brush and a little goes a long way.  I'm sure I'll have this eye shadow for a very long time.  I do wish it came with a way to keep the brush with the small vial of eye color.  Right now, I just keep them together in the box they came in.  But in my makeup bag, that's getting kind of beat up.  The other thing is that because it's glittery, it can get a little out of hand.  I have to be careful to not spill it off the brush onto the rest of my face, or into my eyes.  Still, I love the color splash and plan to continue using it, maybe even trying out some bolder colors.

Prefer The Hip Eyeshadow Duos Better

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I do like this product or the line rather alot. However I think the HIP eyeshadow duos, deliver a stronger more vivid eyeshadow pigment. I had to put on more of this product that the duos. Overall I am pleased though. THis line gives mac a run for the money when it comes to eyeshadow. Ohh yeah when putting it on with the brush it seemed to "splatter".

Shocking, amazing, and bold.

from Ogden, UT

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

I LOVE H.I.P! I only have one shade, and I need to run to the store for more! The shades go on smooth, suprisingly doesnt flake, and stays bold. Its fun to play with, and create amazing looks. I have gotten so many compliments on it!

This stuff is MADE for artists!

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about L'Oreal HiP Shocking Shadow Pigments - All Shades:

***This is the most intense eye shadow color I have ever seen. It is just too fun to play with! As an artist I love the palette I now have to express myself. ***

***If the eyes are the key to the soul, HIP eyeshadow gilds the key. Thank you for the opportunity to create some magical looks!***