Other Shampoos:

L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System

Pros

Cons

L'Oreal Ever-Pure Shampoo really maintains my color

I tried L'Oreal Ever-Pure Sulfate-Free Shampoo when it went on sale. I knew I wanted to try it when I saw it advertised, but thought it was a little pricy for me. I have used it for about a month now and notice a significant difference in the fading of my hair color. I have over 75% very resistant gray hair and normally can actually start seein my roots in 2 weeks. It is just too hard and expensive to do that kind of up-keep. I love that I have noticed such a difference in the maintainance of my hair color. The shampoo is very rich and lathers well. It makes your hair feel very clean. The Rosemary_Juniper scent  for moisture that I tried is not that great, but it is not over-powering either. I look forward to trying some of the other types like the volumizing or sleek shine with different scents. I also bought the conditioner and it also seems to be maintaining my color. The conditioner, however, does not produce the shine that I get when I use the Ever-Pure shampoo with a different conditioner. I know they are made to use as a system, so I hope that the "Shine" formula conditioner gives me that result. It will also have a different scent. I don't like shampoo to have a very strong scent though. I love the fact that this is great for the health of my hair because it does not contain harsh salts. I will definitely try the other "types" of this Ever-Pure system to see if I can get a little more shine with those products. Overall, I appreciate the fact that I am not seeing my roots in 2 weeks or less. It is the only product I have tried that actually made this big of a difference. It is a little more expensive, but I have received coupons and the "chain stores" put in on sale enough for me to keep affording it. Overall, a great product.

Save your money, avoid this shampoo!

When I first noticed Loreal Ever Pure on the shelf on my favorite drugstore, it sounded amazing. The bottle claimed to be free of harsh sulfates that damage and dry the hair out. It also claimed to therefore be more gentle on color treated hair. Finally it the variety I got promised to give body to my hair. I feel tricked by the marketing of this product, because in fact the shampoo STILL has derivities of sulfates in it- they are just called "sulfides," and I'm not sure exactly how they differ...except I will tell you this...this shampoo gave me the driest, itchiest scalp ever and I had to stop using it within two weeks. I advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM THIS SHAMPOO. It will leave you with a flaky scalp, tons of flyaways, and not only that, but your head will smell like a tree. For some reason all of these "ever pure" shampoos have juniper in them...not a pleasant smell.

Awesome Hair care products

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

I tried Loreal Ever Pure Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for the first time about 2 years ago. I loved it then, but then I wanted to try different products and found out these were some of the best ones I could ever use. After using Loreal Sulfate free products my hair feels more healthy and stronger. I found out while using other products it effected my hair so badly that my hair would fall out, not with loreal. I am definitely not switching again!

Nice product.

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

I have long, medium brown hair which I get colored or highlighted regularly. I like to use different color care shampoos to help keep the color/ highlights from fading and to try to go longer between trips to the salon which can get very expensive. Loreal Ever-Pure Sulfate free shampoo and conditioner is one of the brands I like a lot. It cleans effectively, but without sulfate and other harsh chemicals that can strip the color and dry out my hair.
The shampoo and conditioner have a nice texture and smell, leave my hair soft and shiny, and help to moisturize the hair rather than strip it of it's nutrients like some other shampoos. Compared to color shampoos sold in salons, the price is excellent.

The shampoo and conditioner, when used together, work great on color treated hair.

The scent is nice, but not a reason to buy if you are looking for a shampoo with a noticeably great smell.

Excellent product

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

This shampoo has extended my color for at least 2 weeks, which is really fabulous considering the cost of having color done. I have tried at least 5 shampoos all of which either strip out the color or dry out my hair and it's nice to have one product to protect my hair.

I have a sensitive nose and most products either smell like a chemical mess or have long lasting irritating odors. It's bad to have to wash your hair to get rid of your shampoo's smell.

Really good smoothing shampoo and conditioner

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

I had a terrible experience when my hair was over-bleached, and had to have hair color put on it to get it back to its normal shade. But this double-processing left my hair very dried out. This product is better than the same type of smoothing and moisture shampoos made by Aussie, Revlon, Pantene, or John Frieda. It didn't leave my hair feeling greasy, like the Moroccan oil-based products I've tried, and the rosemary and mint fragrance wasn't too strong and was a nice change from the usual floral-based shampoo scents. Finally, I didn't know that sulfate can damage color-treated hair as well as the environment, so that is an added bonus.

Great Price, Great Results

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

I have used the Moisturizing Shampoo and the Smoothing Conditioner, and both have lived up to their name. I'm not a particular fan of LOreal, but I'm sold on them now! They are sulfate free, so they do not have damaging chemicals and my hair is dyed, and both products have helped keep my color vibrant and gorgeous. They are very economically priced and worth every penny.

The moisturizing shampoo gets rid of the itch from your scalp very quickly, and the smoothing conditioner leaves your hair, even wet, feeling smooth, slick and very manageable.

The scent depends on the person, but I love having my hair done at the salon and smelling that fragrant, professional-brand smell of shampoos, L'Oreal's evercreme series has that smell so it feels even more professional.

Super-strong perfumed scent is a deal breaker

from Kodak, TN

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

The single most important thing I think readers should know about this product line is its scent. So many people (including me) are sensitive to strong smells and if you are too, I recommend giving this product a wide berth - especially if you are also prone to migraines that are triggered by perfumes. If, on the other hand, you have no such sensitivities you may actually love how strongly scented these products are!

The description on L'Oreal's website sounded enticing ("aromatic properties from rosemary, juniper and mint") and I was all about trying them since I love natural scents, but there was nothing natural about the scent of these products - at least not that my senses could detect.

The scent of the shampoo was so strong that it made my eyes water. Since I've never before experienced that from anything scented naturally (or any other shampoo and conditioner regardless of scent) I visited L'Oreal's website to check out the ingredients list and found that while it does list juniper oil and rosemary oil toward the tail end of ingredients, much farther up the list is "parfum/fragrance" - the apparent culprit of my misery, and the only reason I won't buy these products in the future.

So, now that you know about the scent...

One notable good thing about the conditioner is that it treated my hair well. I have long hair (nearly waist-length) and it needs a haircut right now - meaning I have split ends that make it difficult to comb through my hair after showering unless I also use a leave-in conditioner. But to test how well it worked, I tried to comb through my hair after only using the EverPure shampoo and conditioner and to my surprise I found that I was able to get through it with minimal effort. Not shabby at all!

The shampoo also seemed to work fine, though it felt a bit harder than average for me to rinse out.

Due to the migraine-inducing scent (yes, I actually got a migraine from using this product - that was not melodrama) I have no intention of purchasing this product line in the future - a disappointing fact since the conditioner worked so well and the 100% vegan and anti-fade properties are so attractive to me.

Shampoo was a little hard to rinse out, but seemed to work OK. The conditioner left my hair impressively easy to comb!

The scent description from L'Oreal sounds natural and enticing, but the addition of perfume to the ingredients ravaged my senses, making my eyes water and triggering a migraine.

Makes my hair feel clean without harsh shampoos

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

This is a winner. It costs a bit more, but it's definitely worth every cent.

This shampoo/conditioner are great for colored hair. You can feel the difference when lathering in your hair, it doesn't feel like it's harsh, it lathers a lot and rinses clean without feeling like your rinsing the color out.

Love the scent, not overpowering, just right.

Great product for color treated hair at an affordable price.

from Pacific Grove, CA

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

This shampoo and conditioner does a great job for a fraction of the cost of pricey salon brands. Both shampoo and conditioner are easy to apply and the shampoo has a nice "creamy" feel to it when lathering up. This product rinses out easily and leaves my hair feeling clean and conditioned. I do find that it helps maintain my color treated hair for longer time periods than other brands that I have tried in the past. My hairstylist recommended a sulfate-free product to use with color treated hair and I'm glad that I chose this brand and I will definitely purchase it again. It's a very affordable, good shampoo and conditioner.

Leaves my hair feeling clean and conditioned and helps protect my color treated hair for longer lengths of time compared to other brands that I have tried.

If there is one drawback about this product, I have to say that I am not crazy about the scent of this product. Although it is somewhat subtle, it kind of has a medicinal scent to me and I would prefer something else.

Great option for a sulfate free line.

from Francestown, NH

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

A great sulfate-free hair care line.

This shampoo lathers more than other sulfate-free options I've tried, so I feel as if my hair is getting cleaned each time without having to use a handful of it. It took a couple of weeks to adjust to the lack of harsh detergents, but now I have no complaints whatsoever.

The conditioner has a slight minty smell which is amazing. I hate to use styling products afterwards because I lose the great scent from the EverPure products.

Good for hair, awful scent!

from Weslaco, TX

Comments about L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System:

It felt great in my hair, did so much good for my hair, but I hated the fragrance.

It was very effective and made my hair feel amazing.

I used the pink one thinking its pink it should smell great. I grabbed it in a hurry. Ugh, the scent in my opinion was awful. It was a very matured fragrance. Nothing like the fruity, and sexy fragranced types if typically use.