Other Hair Sprays:
L'Oreal

Comments about L'Oreal Elnett Stronghold Hairspray:

I like L'Oreal Elnett Stronghold Hairspray, I have used it for decades! My hair is very fine and flyaway, especially in the winter months and what I like most about this product is that it has the ability to hold my hair in positions I wouldn't ordinarily expect my hair to stay in. I spray a little into my hair before I start to style, let it dry properly and then my hair is not so slippery and smooth. It's almost like my hair is then in a "ready" hold, waiting to be instructed where I would like it to stay. Once I have styled my hair, I spray a little more on, let it dry and then spray some more. I do it in layers because, if I do it all at once, Elnett can become a bit cloggy and crusty. Don't get me wrong, it still brushes out fairly easily but I don't like the cloggy look on my hair. So I get round this by spraying in light layers. As far as the fragrance goes, I like it. But I have been buying it for so long I don't think about the fragrance any more. I just accept it.

Makes hair stink!

from Dallas, GA

Comments about L'Oreal Elnett Stronghold Hairspray:

I am a girl of the 80's. I love to have control over my hair. I normally use Aussie Instant freeze but I couldn't find it. I found L'Oreal Elnett on sale and there was a coupon right beside it. Even though it was pricey I used my phone to look up reviews for it on the internet (not on this site, but another one). They gave this product rave reviews and said it was rated one of the best hair sprays. Well, I bought it and took it home. The next day it seemed to hold my hair okay but then later on it got kinda misty (not rain, just mist). I noticed a really stinky smell. I kept thinking "where is that smell coming from, it smells like urine". Well guess what, it was my hair. Once this product gets damp, it smells just like urine. I am not making this up. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my hair. As soon as I washed it, the smell was gone. I kept the hairspray because I had paid so much for it and tried it again another day (no chance of rain that day). It held my hair in place okay but definitely not like Aussie Instant Freeze. I finally couldn't justify putting something on my hair that I equated with urine so I threw it out. I will not be buying it again.

Sprays on,stays on,yet brushes out easily. No buildup.

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about L'Oreal Elnett Stronghold Hairspray:

Light hairspray with a strong hold; brushes out easily yet keeps your hair looking free of stiffness or stickiness. The can is elegant looking and the formula is luxe for mass market- it is no wonder this was so highly sought after overseas before it became available in the U.S. I find though it is pricey it is worth every penny for what it does.

L'oreal Elnett (weak sauce) hairspray

from Grand Junction, CO

Comments about L'Oreal Elnett Stronghold Hairspray:

I get that we all have different hair types. I have fine, thin hair. This hairspray does NOTHING. No hold. Feels like nothing is even there.

It is indeed airy. Not sticky nor does it harden your hair. So much so that all day people thought something was wrong with me, or that i was ill because my hair was so flat and full of static from using this weak sauce hairspray.

I read a review about it. Had a coupon plus a great clearance deal. Still was a waste of money. I used it once and have been trying to give it away since then!

I recall the scent being mute. As in neither good or bad. Not strong. Again, it was like using no hairspray at all.

Perhaps for someone else it will work better.. i really am doubtful of that though.