3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Overall great phone! Lots of features is durable, price is right

This is my review of the LG VU CU920 phone, which I bought from AT&T with a 2 year plan for my business & personal use.

I guess...Read complete review

I guess you could call this a psuedo "smart" phone (wannabe iPhone...as close as you might be able to get for the cost). It's the first phone I bought that has a full HTML browser, camera, and large display touch screen.

The phone is a very sleek, candybar style shape in a glossy piano black finish. Some folks thought that the phone was slippery and felt cheap. Even though the phone's case is mostly plastic, I'd have to strongly disagree. The weight of the phone is significant enough to know that you have it in your pocket, and it feels comfortable in my hands, it was a bit slick at first, but once you get used to holding it, it becomes more comfortable and familiar.

As for rugged-ness/durabily, I'd say it's a tough model.  As a klutz, I can testify to dropping tons of crap.  I've dropped this phone about 4 times since I got it (two of those times, it was on hard stone tile in my kitchen) and it barely got scratched (one tiny dent on the back of the phone).

On the right side of the phone is the data/charger/headphone port, the volume rocker button, the screen lock button, and the camera shutter.

The touchscreen can get full of fingerprints, and you notice this right away, but after some months of use, it seems trivial and not as noticable. Vinyl diecut screens are available for pennies onlnie at eBay or other places online, anyway, if you are really serious about keeping the touchscreen safe.

The touchscreen has haptic feedback (vibration) which tells you when you've touched something, and that's plain awesome, coming from someone like me who is actually highly dexterous. Even if you have meaty fingertips, the touch keys are very easy to use (with the exception of the Qwerty keyboard, that is--which are a bit smaller and although it's faster to use most times, you wind up backspacing a lot due to the smaller screen keys).

The screen is a 3.5 display which is wonderfully crisp and a delight to view. The time and date can be set to either digital or analog and the font size, contrast and colors can all be adjusted, as with the wallpaper and theme color. Brightness of the screen can be adjusted, though your chances of viewing the screen clearly in bright sunlight are slim to none most of the time.

The sound on the music player could be a bit louder when listening via headphones, as you can still hear the noises around you, and I found the ear parts of the headphones to be so large that they fall out of my ear so much that it's a pain to use them. But I'll be buying an adapter to fit the ear inserts with smaller rubber plugs so that they fit my small ear canals better.

I like that there is a lot of storage space on the phone, so far I've jammed more than 100 high res photos on it, a few dozen songs a handful of free games and apps, like a version of Tetris, Google Maps & GMail, plus a digital clock app (which I can jump to when doing things on the phone that prevent me from seeing the time), and more. There is NO micro SD card included, you need to buy that separately. The other pain about this is that you have to remove the back latch cover, then the battery, then the card slot is below that.

On to the browser. The mobile browser is pretty awesome, considering it shows full HTML web pages fairly well, and loads them quickly (for most web sites). I can view web pages as they should look, instead of mobile-style (plain text), it's like a tiny replica of the website! Plus I love the ability to scroll with my finger through web pages instead of having to click page 1-2-3, etc. However, scrolling with my finger doesn't always work well when trying to use the scroll bar on longer web sites, so I recommend using the volume rocker bar for up & down scrolling on the longer sites, since the scroll bar button becomes so tiny you can barely grab it on the touch screen with your finger.

The browser's bookmarks feature allows you to access sites you regularly visit, and it's easy to rename the name/link of the site if you need to, which I sometimes found on other phones to be impossible, making it hard for me to remember the site without visiting it first (like 2 sites that say "Home" or "Online games").

I found mobile sites like Yahoo, Wired.com, Facebook, Twitter, etc. a breeze to use on my phone, and actually I use Twitter.com most ofen if I want to Tweet via mobile (instead of Tweeting via text). I mean, I COULD add Twitter.com to my phone via SMS if I wanted to, but that costs out of my available text messaging bank, which I don't use much, except for one or two people I know who don't talk on the phone much, but would text all the time.

So far, I really like this phone's features, especially the FloTV feature. I can watch several TV channels (ESPN, Fox, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, Nickelodeon, and more, all in very high quality video and audio playback.

Oops, I almost forgot to mention the camera! The LG VU has a 2.0 megapixel camera, and although flash is really desired for night shots and low-light shots, it works wonderfully for someone who has no camera to speak of.  The only thing I do not really like about the camera is the lack of flash.  When you are in a low-light environment, you have to switch to night mode on the camera, which can slow down candid shooting of photos at an event.

You can see a couple photos I took below, for examples of the quality of photos you get with the camera on this phone... plenty of people (at Best Buy, etc.) will try to convince you, as a consumer that 2.0 megapixels isn't enough. that's a load of bull. For the average photo taker, 2.0 is more than plenty. If you're not trying to design a billboard or fancy poster, you don't need more than that. As a web designer, I can safely say these photos are high-resolution enough for me. I've had lots of people as what camera I've used when they see the photos online, and they are surprised to learn that I took the pics with a phone camera. Pretty awesome quality, I'd say.

For someone like me, who was traditionally not into fancy phones with things like mp3 players, cameras, etc., I was pretty sure I'd never need any of these things in a cell phone. I'm 36 but I always acted like some old fuddy duddy and said, "I just need a phone that I can use to call people and maybe check my e-mail, THAT'S IT!".  I guess now I would have to say that I'm a bit spoiled after experiencing the LG VU.  I know I'll use this phone for a long time, at least until perhaps I upgrade to AT&T G4 or 5, whenever that happens (I live under a rock most of the time when it comes to wireless news, phone stuff, etc. so if it happened already, forgive me).

All in all, it's an awesome phone!

LG VUE, glad it was free....

I was interested in reading reviews for the LG VUE to see if anyone was having the same problemsthat I have been having but it seems that there really aren't many review. I personaly would not recommend this phone to anyone. Everytime I'm in my apartment, call drops. Unless I'm in certain areas, forget about it. I've also found that lately if I'm on a  call and notice the battery a bit low, plug it in, phone shuts off.

Let me just say that before I decided to get this phone I had a motorola razor for the full 2 years of my contract. I had none of these problems in fact I still use it in the house. This LG VUE is actually the second phone I have had from LG, I had dropped calls on that phone to. I refuse to ever invest in another LG phone.

A decent phone with a good amount features...

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

The LG Vu is a decent phone. You can call people (obviously), take pictures, listen to music, surf the web, play games, watch TV, and more. Unfortunately, most of these features don't work too well. The call quality is mediocre, it costs extra money for internet and tv, the games are terrible, the music player is confusing and you have to pay for the music, instead of uploading music from your computer. The only good features are the camera and...that might just be it. The camera is 3 megapixels, and takes surprisingly crisp photos.

The phone has a kind of slow operation. Everything just seems a little bit laggy. The good thing is that the LG Vu doesn't randomly crash, but that should be a norm for every phone. Performance is workable, but it could be faster for sure.

Voice Quality
It's pretty bad honestly, but in a few conditions (quiet rooms), it's good enough to use to talk.

Battery Life
It lasts a couple of days, so it's not bad.

The screen and case is made of plastic and feels cheap, but it's surprisingly durable for plastic. Of course, it gets scratched up pretty easily.

Slim, sleek, looks good, but not great.

• Battery Life:

LG stands for "Low-Grade"?

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

Having had this phone now for quite a while, I can honestly say that in the beginning I was very satisfied, but now it's nothing but a pain. If it isn't restarting or shutting off on it's on, it's not recognizing my commands or opening the wrong tabs . If this is common I do not know, but I am certainly frustrated. It's very annoying when it decides to restart during a phone call. Or if I click on the messages tab it takes me to the settings. As far as call quality, it is fine, I can hear everything and they can hear me. It's signal strength seems persistent as well, although, I'm not sure LG has much to do with these aspects. My provider is Verizon, which I am relatively happy with, but I just wish this phone didn't get so confused all the time. If it could get a grasp on reality, I would be much happier with it.

Not too bad, reliable for basic things, I don't surf the web on it, so this review doesn't relate to that, sorry.

Voice Quality
clear and concise.

Battery Life
I don't have to charge it everyday, but as the battery gets lower it goes faster. I'm sure that's common though,

I've dropped her a couple of times, and she's still standing, but she might be suffering from trauma. They weren't serious drops, however, so it's hard to decide if I am the cause of my problems, or if it is the phone itself.

Very straight forward and easy to configure.

Well put together and it's uses make sense.

Great phone

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

This phone is a very great phone. It is good for both young and older people. The battery life is decent (at first, although it does decline drastically later). The call quality is very good as well. I like the big t9 buttons on the touchscreen (which is very responsive as well). They make it easy to text without having to try to hard. I would absolutely recommend this phone to anyone!

LG VU cell phone

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

Great quality phone, very durable, battery last a long time. Phone does occasionally lock up, and removing the battery is the only way to reset phone.

Battery Life
I have to change the battery every night to keep a full charge. Charge does last an entire day, when fully charged.

Awesome durability!

Flip open keyboard is excellent.

Long Lasting

from Santa Maria, CA

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

I've had this phone for roughly 3 years and it still worked great. At first i was amazed at the TV app and how fast the Phone had worked. Over time the Phone became slower and whenever i would look at my photos it would really take a long time to load a picture and when you delete it you start from the beginning which is a pain if you have a lot of pictures in your phone. Also there is no pin that is in the phone that locks the phone from the person not using it. Also there isn't really a lot of themes to pick out from but in a few themes there was eather a butterfly or a fish which entertained me and a few of my friends. The battery life was amazing, but after a few months it could barely keep on for more then an hour so i threw it away. The texting part is really easy but a downside to it is when you go to landscaping mode for texting, you have to press a button instead of turning it on the side, which i found sort of irrating at first.

LG VU Cell phone

from Seattle, WA

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

The LG Vu phone lasted me a couple of years before I decided that I was done with it. It's a great phone for all the basic needs a phone can give and works smoothly, but it is a phone with many issues. It's a handy phone with blutooth, internet, decent camera and mp3 capability. But the battery life was one of my main issues with the phone. It would hardly last me through the day with several texts and a few calls. I began carrying my charger around in fear that it would just die on me. The LG vu phone also had a poor touch pad. It would choose settings I didn't go for, and sometimes didn't respond to my touch at all. Other times I would have to press very hard against the screen before reacting. I lost my patience a few times with the phone and decided that touch was not the way to got next time. The photos would also turn out grainy at times, which wasn't too big of a deal, just another small thing that irked me.

Awesome looking phone but has some issues!!

from Pennellville, NY

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

We purchased this phone for the first time a couple years when ready for upgrade. At first phone was awesome and did everything we had hoped. However after couple months the keyboard became very slow to respond and it kept freezing up to the point where we couldn't even turn off and back on to reboot. It consisted of having to take back off take out battery let sit for few minutes then reinstall and put back together. It would then perform just perfectly until it would happen again for no apparent reason. Then it started to NOT READ sim card????

Great quality phone with a few issues

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

This phone has lasted me over two years. When I first bought it, there was a problem with mainboard. I believe this, however, was just a defective model. I returned it for a new one and It worked well for six months. At that time, I needed to replace the battery, but it was covered under warranty. LG and att paired together well and shipped me a new battery. Although the quality of this phone is very sturdy, this phone has many glitches. Sometimes the call log would display random symbols and selecting a contact to call will call a completely different contact. Also, the phone operates pretty slow, especially the camera. The pros of this phone would be that the screen is very bright and clear. Also the form of this phone is very slick and fits well in any pocket. Despite the slimness of this phone, the quality is very sturdy.  Without the many glitches and battery problems of this phone, this product would be flawless.

LG VU

from Kirksville, MO

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

This cell phone is a good touch phone to start. If you like the touch phone this one is the better one. This phone is not like an iphone or any other smart phones but it fulfills it purpose as a touch phone very well. This is a small phone so it is definetly portable. It is an comfortable phone too. It has a camera too, it doesn't takes great pictures but it's quality is as expected from a normal 2.0 Megapixel camera. I wish it had 3+ megapixel it would be great. The negative part of this phone is that it is sometime difficult to scroll. You have hard time scrolling sometimes and even the touch screen is obviously not sensitive as the iphone or the any other smart phones. The best part of this phone is that we can watch TV in this phone with a feature added with the carrier you can easily watch the TV in this phone. It even has an antennae for this phone. It has an expandable memory, video capturing features too.

Worst Phone EVER

from Glen Carbon, IL

Comments about LG Vu CU-920 Cell Phone:

My phone broke and my dad loaned me his LG Vu which he no longer uses.  This phone is HORRIBLE.  The touch screen is so frustrating.  Had a hard time making a phone call, let alone using any of its "smart" features.  This phone gets a thumbs down from me.