View more cell phones

3.6

Pros

Cons

Worth 5 too bad the battery won't last long enough to lite it up

LG's En-V Touch is my favorite phone yet... I just wish the battery were my favorite as well. I used to have LG's Chocolate 2 which I loved. I charged that puppy once every 3 days... Maybe. When I lost the phone, instead of replacing it, I went in search of a new phone.

The En-V Touch is a what I consider a smart phone/cell phone hybrid. It has cool features regular cellphones use with a user-friendly interface normally found in phones but cool things that regular cell phones don't carry, like apps. I am not savy enough for a smart phone but bored enough that I didn't want a normal phone. This was the perfect answer.

I love the touch screen. There are no limits to what you can access through here, inlcuding the web. When you edit your photos, you can use your finger to do everything! The touch screen is also very accurate. I've heard complaints from touchscreen phone owners. They type RED and they get EWS. No problems with that here. Unless you have fat fingers... I'd suggest the back of a pencil.

I also love texting so the internal QWERTY key pad is my best friend.

Downside: The battery! Use Verizon's dandy navigator and you are down 2 bars my friend. Texting to three ppl at once? Another bar! Texting through the text screen? Your phone is now dead. And its only been 3 hrs since its last charge! Sooooo frustrating. I have to carry my charger around everywhere and keep an open eye out for outlets.

Another downside is the lack of accessories for this phone. There are only 2 available. One is a hideous gummy skin that makes your phone look like rejected candy and the other is a hard shell that pops off the first time you drop it (trust me on this one). They did have screen protectors though...

Overall, this phone gets 4 out of 5 starts. Its 5 star worthy, but the battery just won't last  long enough to reach the last one.

I hate the LG EnV Touch!

Okay, when I first got this phone it was a replacement for another LG phone and I was totally excited about getting a new phone with a touch screen. I thought that like other touch screens that this one would have a built in heat sensor so the phone would not have buttons pushed while being in my purse or my pocket. Boy, was I wrong. This phone doesn't have that kind of technology. I have spent the whole time apologizing to people because my phone will randomly call people in my phone book! Not only that the phone has a tendency to sign itself onto the internet! I have had the phone replaced twice and I cannot wait to get my phone upgrade. This is the worst phone I have ever owned. The only nice thing that I can say about it is that I am glad it has a nice size screen and a physical keyboard. If the phone did not have these features I don't think I could say one nice thing about it. Friends don't let friends get the LG EnV Touch!

LG enV Touch

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

Really good operating system for a basic phone. Keyboard is very good. Screen quality is great on both screens. Camera quality is good for a basic phone as well. Where this phone really falls short is in durability. I have gone through two of these personally as have many of my friends. The phone would totally be worth buying if it wouldn't break so quickly.

For a basic phone, the performance is excellent. No noticeable loading times while navigating the menus. Great shortcut buttons to easily open texts and start writing. Easy to navigate.

Voice Quality
No complaints here. For a basic phone, the voice quality is plenty good.

Battery Life
The battery life is better than most smartphones nowadays, but not stellar for a basic phone. It should definitely last you through the day, but it might not if you actually play games of the device, browse the web, or listen to music on it.

This is where the phone falls incredibly short. EnV Touches constantly break. Screens will go out, batteries will become loose and the phone will start shutting off randomly, et cetera. Not recommended for this reason.

Great interface for a basic phone.

The plastic screens are kind of a bummer, but what can you expect from a basic phone?

• Battery Life:

Really bad cell phone to buy

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

I absolutely dislike this phone. It has randomly turned off at the most random times. It is pretty bulky for a cell phone. The battery life is short. I am extremely dissatified with this product. The moment I switched to a different phone, I wanted to take the phone and smash it. This phone is horrible in my opinion!!!!!!!!!

This phone will randomly turn off on you. I am extremly unhappy with the performance of this phone

Voice Quality
The speaker on the phone did work well. It was extremely loud which was great for speaker phone. Other than the vioce quality, I am unhappy with this phone

Battery Life
The battery is too small on the phone. I had to charge my phone every single day. If you turned off the phone. The battery would drain completely. Horrible battery life and quality!!!

The phone has lasted me awhile but it is easierly broken if dropped.

Not easy to use at all. The main screen are confusing and the features are hard to understand.

Poor design

I love this LG phone!

from Lexington, MO

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

I have used this phone for quite some time now and it is a great phone. I actually got it as a hand me down from my sister when my phone broke. It works great. It has a touch screen on the outside and a qwerty keyboard that flips open on the inside, so you can use either. The touchscreen works well and I don't have any problems with it not working. Voice quality seems to be great both on my end and on the end of the person I am talking to. Battery life could be better, but I just get in the habit of charging it every night while I sleep. It has limited internet capabilities, so the only data I use on it is used to check email, but that is all I need. I used to use it on a verizon plan, but now I use it on page plus. Both plans worked well with this phone. It takes adequate pictures and is easy to operate the camera from the main screen. It has a nice selection of tones and alert sounds. I highly recommend this phone. It has held up well, even through drops.

• Battery Life:

enV Touch is the best for me since I'm still used to my voyager

from Casselberry, FL

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

The phone is good so far. There have been a couple of problems though. When I switch from the internal screen to the external screen it "whites" out. Also, the touch functionality isn't as good as the Voyager. It isn't sensitive enough at times and other times when I tap to do something it tends to click on another item instead. I have tried to fix it by calibrating, but no luck.

• Battery Life:

Very satisfied with this phone

from Henrico, VA

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

My husband and I each got the LG enV as new phones. We wanted something with a touch screen that provided Internet access. I have had it for about 6 months and have definitely been happy with it. Overall the touch screen works well and is easy to use. It took me a little bit of practice to figure out how to scroll through lists. I kept accidentally calling people when all I wanted to do was scroll down through my address book. Now that I've got the hang of it, that is no longer a problem.

I love that the phone knows if I am using it vertically or horizontally and adjusts the screen accordingly. The keypad is pretty easy to use, though the keys are a big far apart and a smaller one might be faster for typing. I have been happy with the battery life, but I don't use the phone constantly. I definitely notice a bigger drain on the battery when accessing the Internet, which I'm sure is common among all phones. It's fine as a standard cell phone battery though.

The camera is pretty good. I find that you do have to adjust the flash, but in natural lighting the pictures turn out well. I especially like the "smile" feature, which takes a picture when it detects a smile. As someone who uses this phone for calls daily, and Internet access a few times a week, I would recommend the phone for that use, but you might want something with a heftier battery if Internet access is a bigger priority for you.

EDIT to my original review: these phones did not hold up over time. One of ours would sometimes turn itself off multiple times during the day. The other one would randomly turn the screen blue. They managed to make it two years, but we got new phones as soon as our contract was up!

• Battery Life:

Touch pad is crap, but works as a phone..

from Brimfield, IL

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

I got the first LG enV phone and absolutely loved it.  So when it was time to upgrade, it was only natural that I stayed with the same style of phone.  The toss up was the regular phone verse the touch screen style.  I went with touch screen due to my overwhelming need to have the latest techie things.  The QWERTY board is laid out slightly different than the keyboard on the enV1, however I was able to adapt after a couple weeks and now am back to texting without looking at the keys.  The camera quality of the phone is good, though there is a delay between pressing the button and the snapshot actually being taken.  So it is not good for those action shots.  The features and voice quality of the phone are both good.  I have downloaded a couple games and readily plan them to entertain myself while waiting on the bus or friends.  The only downside to the phone is the touch screen.  Calibration after calibration does not seem to alleviate my "touching" accuracy.  I routinely "touch" the wrong button on the screen, call the wrong person, and I can never enter someone's information into the phone using the touch screen.  It is way too frustrating.  The battery life (whether stand by or talk time) is drastically reduced from the original enV.  I find myself constantly charging my phone (so I like to text, talk, etc).  On the older version I could easily get through a day, however on this phone I have chargers everywhere just in case.  I bought an extra one to leave at work, one at home, and one in the car.  Web browsing on the phone is also a drag.  It is too tedious to get through a basic search and often times I end up clicking on something I didn't need. The inside screen also after time has developed indentations from the keys.  The phone is really clamped shut.

The touch screen was ultimately too frustrating to use. However after a few months of use, my phone would "reboot" and go back to the factory default setting (ring tone, background, etc). It would also randomly shut off, not due to a low battery or anything. I finally just caved and purchased a different phone so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Not really sure, I was so fed up with the phone that I ended up getting a different phone before I was able to truly test the durability of the phone.

The phone in general was easy to use, however the touch screen was horrible.

• Battery Life:

great phone with a few drawbacks

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

The LG EnV Touch (the follow up to the Voyager) is a great phone with a full 3 inch tough screen outside and a full QWERTY keyboard inside it gives you so many options for how to do what you want to do. There is a cool favourites feature that allows you to add your top 10 contacts to an easy to use shortcut menu - kind of like Speed Dial but better. There is also a shortcuts tab for apps and media, you can keep shortcuts to your most used applications here or on the 'desktop'. There are also a handful of widgets you can put on the desktop that make your life even easier. The alarm clock is so easy to use, as is the calendar which you can sync to your computer via the USB cable that is also the charger. Having a LOCK button on the side of the phone gives you the security of knowing you are not going to accidentally press buttons while the phone is in your posket of purse. The phone has a 2.3 megapixel camera with auto focus and a flash, taking pix that are digital camera quality, the photos app also has lots of fun toys and a panaorama function. I also love how I can now use this phone as my MP3 player with expandable MicroSD capacity I currently have 8 Gigs of music on my phone that i can listen to wherever i go and i dont need to carry aorund an extra thing to do it. Both screens are large and bright, the keyboard is widely spaced so you rarely make mistakes. The only things that bother me about the phone are that every once in a while you need to re-calibrate the touch screen, and every so often the phone will randomly shut itself off which can be a problem if you use it as your morning alarm clock like I do, also when you turn the phone back on you find your display settings all back to default, you need ot reset your display scheme, wallpapers and shortcuts. I have never dropped the phone or gotten it wet and it is not happening when the battery is dead but it keeps happening, the phone shows no other functional changes. The only other thing I am not please with is the lack of applications to choose from, theyre all already on the phone or they cost money, and even at that there are not very many and most of them are not of interest to me. Overall I am very happy with the phone, I have had it for over a year and a half and will not be getting rid of it any time soon,

Battery Life
When the phone was new the battery could last a week, as time went on it got shorter and shorter, now (almost 3 years later) i have to charge it almost every night. However, i do use it as a music player on a regular basis. The phone does also have the tendency to shut it self off when the battery is not dead, I have been told this is because I rarely shut it off, as it is also my alarm clock.

• Battery Life:

fairly fragile for younger hands

from Troy, MI

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

Bought this for my 16 year old, he was not pleased with the battery life which is about a day with frequent use texting.  The real kicker was a locker hit it and broke the screen, you can't buy the service parts to fix it yourself if your like me and will take these things on.  Disappointed that we have to go 1.5 years with a cheapo phone in it's place to fulfill our contract,.  Poor energy use and not a real friendly screen according to my user.

Soooooooooo easy to use.

from Hazlet, NJ

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

I hesitated to purchase a touch screen phone because I heard a lot people found them too sensitive. The LG Touch is perfect. The touch screen is not too sensitive, it is easy to get from one thing to the next. The screen is easy to read for those of us with poor vision. Great product.

Verizon LG EnV Touch, an O.K. phone!

Comments about LG enV Touch vx1100 Cell Phone:

The EnV Touch is a classic feature phone from Verizon and it'd be really tough to cover every pro and con but I'll do my best.

I will start with the look and feel of the phone. It's thin and can easily fit into a pocket, I was very pleased with the way it looked. The touch screen and the inside screen both are very large. The back of the phone has a cool design, it is not just plain black.

The touch screen- I am not a fan. Given I have had this phone for almost two years now, it has been used quite a bit and is not in the best shape anymore. However, I do not like touch sensitive touch screens so for me- this was not the best. Sometimes it lags, meaning it takes a second to respond. The QWERTY keyboard on the touch screen is so difficult to use, almost everytime you type, the wrong letter is pressed. I've used that keyboard maybe once since I've had this phone. The T9 word keyboard however, does work fairly well; I only have "fat fingered" the letters a few times since I've had this phone.

The EnV Touch is really easy to navigate and it even has a little button to press on the touch screen that will pull up all of your favorite applications on the phone. Obviously, since this is a feature phone, it only has the Verizon applications like tools and preloaded games. However, I'm not complaining, I think it is very easy to use. You can choose between two types of main menus, whichever you like the best. Both are easy to navigate through.

My biggest pet peeve with this phone, and the reason I've regretted getting it for a very long time now, is that it shuts itself off all of the time. There have been times when I press a certain key and everytime it would shut off. Verizon says it needs an update so, initially, I get it. The update works for about two days and then my phone will go back to shutting itself off again. Sometimes, and this has happened maybe twice but it is important to know, I would shut my phone off and when I turned it back on, it would be reset. It still had all of the information on it, like contacts, pictures, etc. but all of the settings i set the phone to such as fonts, backrounds, main menus.. would all be back to their original setting.

Overall, I don't know if I'd really recommend this phone to anyone if they would get annoyed with the problems that happen very frequently when using it, and, in most cases, that is everyone. If you can overlook the general problems with it though, it is definitely a good phone to consider getting.