Other Washing Machines:
WM2101HW

Pros

Cons

Excellent machine

I have owned this washer for approximately 6 months.  I spent about a month shopping around for the right washer.  I narrowed it down between and LG and a Samsung.  If you have been reading reviews on the internet and stuff then you know that those are the leading brands.  I decided to go with the LG simply because of the fact it was cheaper and offered the same things the Samsung did.  I am so glad that I decided to purchase this one.  The only complaint that I have about the washer is that the wash cycle takes quite awhile compared to my old washer.  I had read some comments about that before I had purchased my washer so I made sure to get a model that had the quick wash cycle.  The features that I love about my washer are the sanitary cycle, quick wash, tub clean, delay start and the different speeds of the spin cycle.  My clothes come out practically dry so it has cut the drying time in half.  My water bill has gone down by half also.  I love that when the washer is done it plays a little tune instead of just a beep or buzzing noise.  I also like that it has a removable filter that I can take out and empty.  This really comes in handy when I wash my husbands work clothes.  Stuff gets stuck in that little trap before it hits the actual pump.  We opted not to get the stands and instead my husband built a large one with shelves on the side for storage.  All and all, this has been a great washer so far.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.

One of the best front-loaders reviewed by CR

My husband and I bought our LG WM2101H front-loading washing machine about 2-3 years ago when our old top-loading washer died.  This LG washing machine has it's pluses and minuses.  We went into purchasing this LG washing machine after doing much research on Consumer Reports website.  The LG is a very reputable brand in regards to breakdown and faulty mechanisms.  The LG also came with a good warranty.  The LG washing machine pluses are:  it's quiet even when spinning at 1200+rpm;  it is Energy Star rated;  it has many washing cycle settings and timings to choose from and even has a washer cleaning cycle;  the door locks when it is running, but can be paused and opened if you forgot to put something in the load in progress;  it does a decent job cleaning while being gentle on your clothing or whatever you are washing;  it spins almost all the water off the clothes-practically dry already when done spinning so save on drying time in the dryer.  This LG also has it's minuses however, they are:  It needs more water than the computer will allow it to put in the load to rinse all the soap off- so the water saver feature doesn't save too much because you have to run an extra rinse and extra water feature with every load;  it still sometimes leaves soap residue on the dark clothing espically with powered soap;  it takes about 2 hours to do a heavy soil, extra water, extra rinse cycle.  Over-all a great washer for a front loader, but like any appliance you have to figure out how to make it work best for you.

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

When I first got this washer, I thought I would never figure out all the buttons that it has but believe it or not it is so easy to use. The washer comes with a book that goes into detail about each button and how each is used but you really don't need the book. Each button is self explanatory. The washer can either be stacked with your dryer or you can have washer and dryer side by side. Washer comes with automatic washer load detection (automatically detects the load and optimizes the washing time). Comes with a child lock that prevents children from pressing any button to change the settings during operation. This washer has a LED display (the display shows settings, estimated time remaining, options, and status messages for your washer. When the washer is on, the light in the display will illuminate). One of my favorite things about this washer is that it has a tub clean option. You just add liquid bleach to the bleach compartment and set the option to tub clean. The only thing I don't like about my washer is that you are only suppose to use he (high efficiency) detergent which is a little more expensive than other detergents.

So far it standing up

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

I bought this washer (and the dryer to match) about two years ago. After only a few loads of blue jeans the washer started to make a bad noise during the spin cycle. It only does this during heavier washes like blue jeans but it still annoying that the machine couldn't handle blue jeans. Otherwise it does the job and I love the sanitary cycle for diapers.

Energy Efficiency
It seems to do what it says it does conserving water and all.

Cleaning Time
Some functions can take a long time, but that's the way front loaders are.

I'm only not happy with the sensitivity to heavier clothes and difficulty balancing it.

It has pre established functions and you can also switch things like water temp, speed of spin, and length of wash-time based on soil level.

It's easy to use and looks good too.

Well I'm not sure it likes being unbalanced but it's still working after two years.

• Cleaning Time:

Junk is too kind for this machine and Lg could care less.

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

Have had this washer for two years started how great now i have lost two heaters in three weeks, and they only have two repair shops who will touch LG should have done more homework on this buy.

Crap machine junk

Horrible Washing Machine

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

We have had this machine for over a year. I hated it from day one and still do! The clothes simply do not get clean! I can hardly stand to wash my face with the smelly wash cloths or dry myself with the towels!The stains do not come out of clothes either. I did a batch of whites, used hot water, put in very few clothes, used bleach, ran an extra rince cycle and extra water. I then took a washcloth out of the "clean" clothes and hand washed it in my sink. The water turned a dark gray and was very dirty!!!!!! I hate this washer. I would never buy a front load again if this is the way they all clean!

This washer doesn't clean at all without pretreating/scrubbing

from East Amherst, NY

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

This washer doesn't clean at all without pretreating/scrubbing any stains.  I am totally disappointed in this machine. My old agitator washer cleaned all my laundry without having to clean the clothes first. After washing white socks in this machine, its hard to tell if they've actually been washed.  I'm embarrassed to wear bare socks at others' homes because my socks look dirty. Bleaching doesn't help either.  Stains? You have to scrub, pretreat, scrub again.  This shouldn't  be.  Washing machines should be able to clean clothes better than the machines of old-especially with all of our technology today. This machine doesn't handle cleaning clothes the way the manufacturer claims it will. On top of this, the dispenser drawer and housing leaked and now the front of the washer is rusted.  LG has replaced both parts and their service people have told us that many people complain about the poor washing.  After all of our shopping, reading, comparing  and investigating for what we thought would be the best product for our hard earned money, we are really disgusted with our LG washing machine.

So far, so good. Cleans clothes with less water and soap!

from Thomaston, GA

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

I have a family of 6, so when I was looking at purchasing a new machine, I focused only on front loaders. At the recommendation of a friend who also has a family of 6, I purchased this machine. Don't get me wrong, I did my research too. This machine is a fairly basic machine that does everything I need it to do. It is easy to use, and it cleans with less water and detergent than my old top loading machine. I love that you can load it up, too! Another feature I like is the handwash cycle. No more washing my delicates in the sink!

This machine has something a lot don't have, too. You can actually load your machine up and set it to start washing in a set number of hours. I have used this a few times, and I like it. By the time my morning coffee is brewing, a load of laundry can be ready to put into the dryer.

Lg xl front loader

from Madisonville, LA

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

I love this machine. It's very efficent and doesn't use alot of detergent. It's very quiet. I also haven't had any problems, not even small glitches, with it since we bought it last year. I have 5 kids and a ton of laundry. I highly recommend it.

LG washer bangs

from Claysville, PA

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

I bought my LG washer less than 90 days ago from Sears. It started to bang not long after I got it. I thought it was because I loaded it to full so I tried to wash smaller loads. It still banged when it would spin.

Sometimes my clothes would come not spin out and I would have to start the load all over again just to have them spin out.

I thought LG would have been a good brand but I guess they make lemonds too.

LG is the BEST washer I've EVER owned!

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

I've had six washers over 37 years - 2 Maytags, 1 Whirlpool, and 2 Kenmores - but this LG is the MOST AWESOME ONE OF ALL! The barrel is larger so I can wash many, many jeans, and our clothes have never been cleaner! I use cold water about 98% of the time, so it's an energy saver, on top of conserving water. I have recommended this washer, and the LG brand in general to many of my friends and acquaintences.

Great washer

from Ellis, KS

Comments about LG XL Capacity Front Load Washer:

We have had our washer for awile now and I still love it! The very large capacity is a godsend for our large family. My friends and family often send over their oversize comforters to wash since they will fit in my machine and not theirs. Just make sure that you clean your filter regularly and clean the washer every now and again (I use the Tide washer cleaner)