View more cell phones

LG - Versa Cell Phone

LG - Versa Cell Phone

3.9

Totally Awesome

I got the LG Versa recetly. Once I saw it I was immediately in love. It's cute and in style. An very slim. So i got it. But one day it just stopped working... to be exact 1 week after I bought it brand-spanking new from verizon. So i took it back and got a new one and it started messing up the very next day. well i waited and didn't take it back and i haven't had a problem since. The best feature about the phone, in my opinion is when you slide your hand across the screen you can change your home screen. Like for instance, one screen is my favorites, on this screen i have a picture and I also have a little box with my husbands picture i can just click on it and instantly e-mai, call, txt, or review our private messages without the hassel of going through my contacts list. then i run my hand across the page and i get my media section where i have shortcuts to favorite videos or pictures. then i move my fingers across the section and i get my section for shortcuts... I put my calculator, pictures, and alarm on there but you can pretty much add any tools that you like. the touch screen in the messaging is my favorite and the phone is so smart that when you turn it sideways it turns to a full keyboard and whne you turn it long ways it has the regular numreic keyboard. The LG Versa also has a thing in the pictures section to where you can edit pictures. I took a pictue of my son make a frowning face and i put a pirate hat on him and an eye patch. I changed the background and i wrote words on the pages. It's a very neat application includded on the phone. It also comes with a GPS navigator and the web. The ringtones aren't so bad either. Well this is my review of the LG Versa. THanks :p

Verizon LG cell phone breaks down often.

I bought this cell phone because of its capabilities to provide Internet connection so I could read my emails, answer them, and surf the web.  I should have bought a blackberry instead.  There isn't much difference in price and the LG cell phone isn't nearly as easy to use as a blackberry.  It takes quite a few steps and screens to get Internet access... then I have several more screens to navigate to get to my email.  I have a hotmail account that I rarely use, and that is pre-programmed into the phone.  My main email account is through my cable company.  AFTER I bought the phone I was told that the phone could not pick up the cable account.  So what good is it to me?  The purpose of checking my email on the phone was so that I wouldn't have to lug my computer with me everywhere I go; now I still have to lug the laptop around because my phone can't get my email.  I tried to exchange the phone, paying the difference for a blackberry, but Verizon wouldn't give me full credit for the phone (actually, they would hardly give me any credit for the phone).  As far as I'm concerned, this was deceptive selling. I have had this phone for about 6 months and I've had to take it in for internal repairs four times already.  Even their repair department personnel have said that they've had a lot of trouble with these phones. If you have a cable -based email, do not buy this phone.

this phone is near perfect!

from Rockville, MD

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

The LG Versa is an amazing touch screen cellular phone. Its touch feature is almost perfect. This phone has no problems I can find. It's practically glitch-free. The battery life is decent and it has a detachable keyboard which also serves as a protective case for the phone. Its text message inbox holds about two hundres texts and the outbox holds anywhere from fifty five to sixty texts!!! The volume gets pretty loud so you can use the phone as an alarm clock as well. The speaker phone is strong. The charger cord is a bit shorter than i'm used to and the outlet has a cover so that nothing goes into the battery outlet to damage the charging technology. Picture Quality is great and I would reccomend this phone to anyone who wants a proper easy to use and slick looking phone. It takes about one to two weeks to get used to the touch screen. Getting used to it will not be difficult thanks to it's state of the art touch-technology that LG has mastered so well. It will give you absolutely no problems. This phone even features visual voice mail which is an awesome and brand new feature which allows you to see your voicemails and select individual messages which youw ant to hear and you can delete the ones you dont want without even reviewing them first. This will save time and minutes that can be spent on voice!

I absolutely love the LG Versa.

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

I will start out by saying I love this phone. It is easy to use, and has features that I have wanted with a all touch screen forever.

I had this phone for a while and I will start by saying that I would drop this phone all of the time and it always continued to work. Obviously, with dropping any phone it will get a good amount of damage over time as this one did eventually.. but it really stayed in pretty good shape for awhile.

My favorite feature with this phone is the detachable QWERTY keyboard. I had always wanted an all touch phone but always had doubts that I could get used to texting on it. When I found out that the Versa had a detachable keyboard I was all for it. It's the best of both worlds. If you want to just have a sleek all touch cellphone, leave the keyboard off and there you go. If you want a touch screen phone with a QWERTY keyboard attached, then attach your keyboard and.. there you go! My only complaint is that the detachable keyboard is not the most attractive and does make the phone much bulkier.

The touch screen does tend to lag at times but I am finding out that happens quite a bit with touch screen phones. Still, it can be annoying especially when texting, so like I said before, thats when the detachable keyboard really becomes a savior.

Overall, this is a great phone to consider.

Very functional, easy to use Device

from Florence, SC

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

This cell phone is a very efficient, yet expensive device. THe Features that are included are quite handy, and make this phone very easy to use. The user interface is very teen-friendly, but not very business-like. The phone features:

2.0 MP camera (average for a cell phone)

Touchscreen, which can be good or bad depending on a persons personal preference

Detachable Keyboard- This is only a positive. If someone doesn't like the keyboard, then they can take it off. If someone wants the keyboard for added functionality, then they can have it on, and use it to type.

This phone is all about versatility, hence its name. The phone has many different options that the user can enjoy, and a very up-to-date user interface, or UI. The UI is a definite improvement from the LG Dare, and even features three homescreens, which are customizable to the users desires. These screens offer shortcuts to favorite contacts, pictures, or tools.

All in all, this phone is very good for the heavy texter, and will hold up to any tests. This phone should seriously be considered if someone wants the buy the LG Dare, Voyager or other touchscreen phone.

Very versatile, easy to use, fashionable, quality cell phone.

from Young America, MN

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

To start, I got this cell phone several months ago, which is near when it first came out. I advanced from a very old flip phone model, to the Samsung Glyde, to the LG Versa.

This phone is truly amazing. The Versa is constantly compared to the similiar LG Dare; however, it's very much improved.

The phone has a 2.0 Megapixel Camera -- average for a cell phone.

Full Touchscreen -- Whether you will like this or not is a personal preference; however, I'm personally a big touchscreen fan.

Detachable Keyboard -- This is, and will always be a plus for me. Some people say that the keyboard is too bulky, or ugly. I say that if you don't like it, don't use it, which is the beauty of the phone! You have options! If you don't like it, don't use it! If you do like it, then most certainly put it on or take it off at your choosing. I personally like the added feature for versatility, while I wish that it was easier to attach and detach the keyboard.

This phone is not fragile. I've dropped it countless times, and even in the pool for a second, and it still works. The battery life is excellent. However, be warned, frequent text messagers like myself: I send/receive about 10,000 messages a month, and my battery is at 2 or 1 bars at the end of the day, which is fantastic.

The software is one of the most amazing advances that Verizon has ever made. There are actually 3 home screens, that you slide over to. You can apply media shortcuts, contact favorites, and tool shortcuts on each screen. When the keyboard module is attached, a personalized home screen is added.

Overall, I love this phone. Its the perfect phone for me, and I beg you to try it out.

Great Phone

from Walpole, MA

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

The LG Versa from Verizon Wireless is a good phone for teens.  The phone is convertible to users who prefer to have a keyboard (QWERTY Keyboard is attachable to the phone).  For others, the phone can remain a touch screen.

The hearing quality of the phone is strong and I have noticed that I typically receive pretty good service and reception while using this phone in comparison with past cell phones.  The phone is of small size and is pretty slick looking.  However, if you use the phone with the attachable keyboard (which is black leather and actually of pretty nice quality - even though it is not the most attractive cover in the world), the phone becomes bulkier and larger in size.  Likewise, the phone is still pretty nice either way.  The touch screen aspect of the phone is a nice feature; however, it will take some time to adjust to a touch screen phone for users who are not used to the touch screen device.  Once you get used to it, though, it is very easy to manage.  So far, I have not had any issues with sensitivity to the touch screen and it has been working great.  In addition to all of these strong qualities, the phone also has a great battery life that is very long.  The phone is also very loud and clear during phone conversations, making it easy to hear the person you are having a conversation with.  Overall, the phone is pretty good and I reccomend you look into it if you are looking for a touch screen but are hesitant about being fully touch - there is always the keyboard to attach incase you don't like it.

The lg versa is decent

from Marcellus, NY

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

This phone is definatly geared towards people with smaller hands. My fingers tend to touch wrong buttons and such which gets very frustrating, having to go back an correct words just so that the text can make sense. Otherwise it is a very versatile phone. It is rather sleek looking even though it is a little thick. It is completly touch screen and can have a lenghwise keyboard which is nice. I would rather it had a slide out keyboard but for what it has its not the worst phone on the market. It is very easy to use with many nice personalization features.

Good for a year then it goes downhill.

from Urbana, IL

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

I had this phone for a year and it worked wonderfully. Then, it all went downhill. The touch screen stopped working. I tried to calibrate the phone several times to fix the problem but it did not work. I had to order a new phone even after visiting the verion store and making several calls to tech support. There are some things that I liked about this phone. I loved that I could put the 10 people I call/text the most on a screen so I could have easy access to them.

LG Versa is not great, and kind of obnoxious.

from Johnstown, OH

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

I was excited when someone in my family gave me the LG Versa at a very reasonable price after they were done using it, but I quickly became annoyed with it.

The first thing that I didn't like about it was the look of the faux leather outside. It just looked super tacky to me, so I decided to take it off. However, when you take the faux leather part off, you also take off the keyboard, and therefore have to use the touch screen for everything.

The touch screen is okay and is pretty accurate, but is **horrible horrible horrible **for texting. Even for someone who texts every day and is good with technology, it is hard to type the correct things. I find myself spending more time fixing my errors than actually sending messages.

Also, using the phone for making phone calls is pretty difficult as well. The contact list doesn't take up enough room on your phone, so it seems like you have to use your pinky fingernail to select the person that you would like to call.

The overall set up of the phone is akward and not very user friendly. I wouldn't suggest this phone.

Its a pretty good and fun phone to use.

from Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

Cons

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

This phone was first my moms and she had alot of fun with it when she was texting and calling people. Now its mine and i enjoy texting and calling and the music and ringtones and every other features from it. The phone is easy to use and understand what your doing as soon as you hit the setting button. The only thing i found wrong with this phone is that it is easy to break and mess up. It takes only one time even barly dropping it and it breaks the screen flips out so if you have the phone be carefull with it. I also found it fun switching from one screen to another and so on and so forth. you can have three different screen savers on at the same time with no problem. the phone is easy to unlock when locked and has a helpfull pin to help text and dial with it. the phone is basicaly easy and basicaly tells you what to do. It speaks to you and you can do a word command when you dony want to take the time to do it by hand. Completely touch screen and easy to use just dont drop it.

The LG Versa VX9600 is a great cell phone that has many features

from Hatley, WI

Comments about LG - Versa Cell Phone:

This cell phone is great.  It's easy to understand and work.  The things that can be done on this phone is awesome.  I really like the music player and how it continues to work as you do other things on it.  I am a proud owner of the versa and have not been disappointed yet.