View more cell phones

VX8300
LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone

LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone

4.1

My LG VX-8300 Cell Phone has survived so much.

I've had the **LG VX-8300 flip phone** for about 2 years now. *Verizon Wireless* is my cell phone provider and I plan on keeping it that way. Their service is almost always reliable. My LG phone has been dropped, beaten and even rained on. Yet, it's still kicking. Sure, it's not fancy or all that cool looking... but it always works. I plan on crossing over to a **Blackberry Curve** on my next 2 year contract renewal this August. It's time. I want email access 24/7. I would get an [Apple 3G iPhone][1] but I just can't make myself leave Verizon for AT&T right now. The LG cell phone has been a good one but I'm really ready to upgrade and move on.**Update!**Instead of the [Blackberry Curve 8310][2] , I opted for the [Blackberry Pearl Smartphone][3] . I'm pretty pleased so far. I'll review my new Blackberry Pearl phone soon.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Apple-iPhone-3G-reviews

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Blackberry-Curve-8310-Cell-Phone-reviews

[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Blackberry-Pearl-Smartphone-Cell-Phone-reviews

LG's are great - just not this one so much

I had an LG VX4500 and I LOVED that phone!  So, when it came time to upgrade LG was the way to go - or so I thought.  First I looked at the Chocolate - the new version is GREAT, but it wasn't out yet - the old version not so much - too hard to navigate, and my niece had one and had problems with it.  So I looked at the others available.  I am a Verizon Wireless customer and the salesperson said the VX8300 was the way to go (more about the sales people later).  It looked a lot like the 4500 so I went for it.  I should mention that my 4500 fell down an elevator shat - 4 stories! - a few scratches and the battery didn't make it, but otherwise it was fine!  Better than a timex.  This is why I was sold on the LG - I have previiously had a Motorola (and tried the Silver), and a Panasonic, and neither were as cool, clean, and easy-to-use as my old LG.  I tried the 8300 in the store, and it seemed to be close to my old guy, so I bought it.  TOO BAD!  It is not nearly as easy to navigate as the 4500 - yes some features are easy as pie - but try to save a new ringtone from your sounds - where are they?!  Some things are buried so deep I can't find them again.  The sound is not clear and loud like my old one speaker phone - this has two stereo speakers and it's very tinny.  The old phone had a feature that if you wanted you just pushed the side button and the call went right to voice mail.  This phone, you either have to set it to not answer on open and then when it rings, open the phone and press Ignore, or you can press the side button to silence the ring.  The problem is that if you like to have your phone set to answer on open, you have to wait until the unwanted call forwards to voice mail before you can do anything.  I have also had big problems with the Bluetooth device, and I experienced a problem with NO Sounds whatsoever until I did a hard re-boot (others I know with this phone report the same).  Last but not least, the charger plugs directly into the phone and the connector is of the sort that can loosen after repeated use.

The thing about the Verizon salespeople?  They tend to push phones that are going to be obsoleted soon.  Now phones change at the drop of the hat, new ones come out everyday, but I DON'T want the phone that is being phased out - its hard to get accessories for and if I want to replace it due to loss or theft - I can't and then I have to buy all new stuff AGAIN!

I really love this phone.

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

I have now had about 4 of these phones. I can't decide if it makes it a crappy phone or so good I keep going back. I have been using this phone off and on for about 4 years. I am a person that just uses a cell phone for texting and talking, I do not use the internet at all on my phone, so this was a good fit for me.

What went wrong with my phones (that I remember)
1. One of the phones had the screen stop working suddenly.
2. One of the phones was dropped too many times (and happened to be open the last few times) and broke in half. The amazing thing is that I was able to put the top and bottom half together and still make calls on speaker phone until I was able to get a new phone.

All in all--I think I like it because it is a very durable phone (I have small children) and comes at a decent price.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Great phone

from 94720

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

The LG VX8300 is an all around excellent phone for Verizon Wireless. The front cover of the phone has a 1.2 inch screen. Below the screen there are music control buttons like forward, backward, and play/pause. You can upload mp3s to the phone by using the included USB cord to connect to your computer. There is a 1.3 megapixel camera that includes a self-timer and flash you can turn on and off. It has basic settings for night mode, resolution, etc. The keypad has a nice layout. The buttons are farily large and spread apart. They are backlit for easy dialing at night. There are other typical features on the phone like an alarm clock, call recording, note pad, calculator, clock, and voice commands. Overall this is a great for phone for the basic user.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

not a durable choice, inside screen going out, works fine other.

from Saint Peters, MO

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

this phone has worked okay for me...sound quality is fine...doesn't have oodles of extras like some others...but my complaint is that the inside screen seems to be going out...also the camera picture quality isn't great either.  I would love to have one that plays all sorts of music and holds more memory...but this one seems more durable than some of the fancy (razor) types i have seen that my friends have.

its good

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

this is a good phone and i like it a lot. other people should use it it was super duper awesome and when i drop it on the ground it doesnt break or anything. i drop it all the time cause im usually throwing it in the air and catching it.. and when i miss it it hits the ground and nothing happens. i also get very good reception and have never had a problem with anything on this phone. it is pretty much the best phone that i have ever owned.

It is a great phone.

from Apple Valley, CA

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

My boyfriends had this phone first and it didn't keep life. it dead very easily so i didn't want it. well it was the phone my parents came home with. and it was good. mine didnt have a problem keeping life. I download music to it all the time and it plays get. i love taking pictures on it and i also like hwo you can have music vidoes and how you can be listenign to a song pull out your phone and have it play i few minutes and than wow it tells you the sound

It is awesome!!!

from Oakville, CT

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

i love it! It works really great. all my friends have it and they love it too. its a great phone and i think everyone should get one! it is awesome! I recomend that everyone buys one. It has amazing battery life and is very durable. it has great sound. and it is not to pricey. go buy one now!

it is decent and very good

from Barton, VT

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

The phone, works and gets the job done. Although I find the flip mechanism seems to be a little flimsy. Also sometimes there is a gltich and the screen malfunctions and either shuts the phone off, or gives weird stripes on the screen. It is kind of klunky not as sleek and thin as a razr but better quality. Easy to use applications, all right at your finger tips

Easy to use cool gadget and very durable

from Cookeville, TN

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

I purchased this phone for my daughter. She had it for about a month and dropped it in the toilet. It dies and she refused to get any other phone because she liked this one so much. She saved up her money and bought this phone because it is very durable and she likes the features. Very nice phone and it is dependable and reliable. It has a very good battery life.

don't like the outside buttons...I keep hitting them

from Columbia, SC

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

The LG phone is full of wonderful, can't live without features.  The MP3 player is awesome; with my headphones on I can hear the phone cut out when someone calls and push one button on my headphones to answer the call.  The sound is awesome; it is so clear when you are talking to people or listening to music.  I've never had anyone complain that I didn't come in clear.  I love the size; if fits into my side pocket on my jeans nicely.  I get awesome coverage with this phone even on top of mountains.  The only thing I dislike about this phone is the outside buttons; I keep bumping them and music starts playing.

These really do get service all most anywhere.

from Troy, PA

Comments about LG - VX-8300 Cell Phone:

The phone itself is a very nice phone, and I am sure that if you have the right phone service provider you will not ever need to purchase another phone.  This phone has many extras and really performs to all expectations.  I would definately recommend this phone to those of you looking to purchase a strong dependable cell phone for everyday use.  Because of it's strong construction,this phone can handle the accidental drops and even small children.  It is definately worth the money that you pay for it.