3.5

3.5

Good but not great

from Carmel, IN

Comments about LG Ultra Large Capacity TurboWash Washer:

This washer was labeled as a top pick in a leading consumer magazine in 2012 which is what motivated my purchase of this washer in our new home. Previously, I had a Whirlpool Duet for approximately 7 years with no trouble whatsoever. However, I heard about recent failures of Duet products and seen multiple reviews confirming the issue so I decided to try something new. Unfortunately, I would not rate this washer as anything but average. It does everything fine, cleans reasonably well, and cycle times are average. The number of options for cycles, etc. is expansive. But I have one very significant issue with this washer. Water collects at the bottom of the rubber seal of the unit and it does not dry quickly. I have to wipe it dry after every load because there is no drain for the water to leave through. This simply isn't acceptable in my book - it's a known problem with front loaders that many others have solved including Whirlpool. I'm shocked that the magazine could have selected this washer as its top pick given the number of options out there and I would look hard at Samsung for my next washer.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

LG washer is OK. Not as good as they say..

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about LG Ultra Large Capacity TurboWash Washer:

But have used whirlpool washer and is better. You get what you pay for. As I found out you have to clean the washer. As water will sit in there in little hiding places and your clothes will smell as well, as where you wash the clothes. So you have to clean it. And if you can't get down on the floor do not get this washer as you will end up with a bad smell. Or you have to have someone to clean it for you. As I had my niece clean mine for me and now she own's it. I can't clean it.

Energy Efficiency
I found that it doesn't save as much Energy as I thought it would. My old top loader was way better on energy..

• Energy Efficiency: