Other Washing Machines:

LG Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

A Washing Machine that's fast, efficient, and made to last.

I purchased this washer about a month ago and am very satisfied. It's so quiet that I can wash a load of laundry while my husband sleeps in. The spin cycle gets the clothes pretty dry. I'm confident the steel drum will hold up and I like that there's not an agitator in the middle - more room for laundry and less wear and tear on clothes. The tub is large enough so I can easily fit in my King sized comforter.

Energy Efficiency
It earned an Energy Star label.

Laundry comes out clean and nearly dry.

There's no agitator in the middle, so there's more room. The settings are clear and easy to change.

The steel drum should hold up well.

The least amount of time I have owned a washer

I wanted a high end HE washer that would still hold the amount I needed with my big family. I chose the top loader for that reason. This washer did not last more than two years. I do not know what broke since the repairman said it was not covered in my warranty. Isn't that always the way. I was frustrated over the money, time, and experience. I went back to a used cheaper model and have had it for a few years now. I have no complaints over my used washer that holds just as much. It may not use less water or detergent but our clothes are always clean which was not the case with the HE. Getting rid of the HE was difficult as well since our small town does not provide that "garbage" service.

New LG washer

from Redmond, WA

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

We moved and needed a new washer. I picked this one because it was a high efficiency top loader. Did not want to purchase a pedistal and get a front loader. I really like this machine...once I got the hang of using it. And it sings a song like a cell phone ringing when it is done washing. One of my favorite features is that when you pick all your settings , either the ones in the system or the ones you change, it tells you exactly how long the washing will take. Because the drumb does not have an agitator, it is really roomy and as of yet, I have not had my clothes made the machine unbalanced. My only problem with the machine is that I am not tall and in my bare feet I have a problem retrieving small items like socks and underwear from the very bottom of the machine when I need to take it out! So I either have to wear shoes or use the little stool that I have in the laundry room for this little problem.

Cleaning Time
varies depending on what setting you use

you really need to read the instructions...it is not intuitive until you get the hang of it.

• Cleaning Time:

This washer is very nice!

from Bucyrus, OH

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

I love the new washer without the agitator. I would like to have a way to soak longer than the soak cycle without it draining out the water. It has lasted very well, as we do a lot of laundry. We do 10-12 loads on a normal week.

Energy Efficiency
My electric and water bill both went down.

Cleaning Time
It takes a long time to wash, but with the less water and being energy efficient, it is worth the extra time.

It cleans the clothes very well. I was surprised, due to no agitator, and not a lot of water. I was pleasantly surprised.

It is easy to use, with all the options, and preset settings, I do not change much at all. The only thing that I use speed wash for is if I have a very small load, as it did not clean as well.

The only problem with the design that I have noticed, is the detergent containers always have some water in them. If I am not using the machine for a few days, I have to make sure that the water is dumped to keep it from getting nasty.

We have had our washer for over a year, with no problems yet. It seems to be working the same as the day that we got it. We do 10-12 loads of laundry a week.

Top Loader with top performance

from Hayward, CA

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

My boyfriend purchased this washing machine on sale at a warehouse for an unbelievable price (half of the recommended retail price). We have been happy with this ever since the first use. We have it set up in the garage but I can say happily that it would be fine in the main house because it is so quiet. Of course, it gets a bit louder on the spin cycle but with the tv on, you won't even notice it. I generally wait until I have a large full load of washing to use this because I hate to waste water and I really hate to do the laundry. But, even with the stuffing of this washer (i'll fill it with clothes to the top and push down), when the water fills in, i notice that the clothes fit nicely in the right amount of water added regardless of the setting. There have been no issues with leftover soap, even the powder kind and on a cold water washing as well so that's a plus for me. I use the cold cycle a lot because most of my clothes require that and it helps to save on energy as well.

LG HE washing machine

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

I have had this machine for almost a year, it cleans fabrics very well. The only thing that would cause me to like it better would be if I could override some of the controls. For example, sometimes I like to set the water level myself, or adjust the water temps a different way. There are a lot of different selections for types of washloads. It has done well on my delicate items. There is no center agitator, so I have washed throw rugs and bedspreads in it. They have gotten clean, but I do have to watch on those loads, they can become unbalanced rather easily. The top is glass, so you have to be careful with setting things on top, but it is nice to be able to look inside.

Great washer!

from Woodworth, LA

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

My first HE washer and I love it!. HE detergent is still a little harder to find than I would like because I'm allergic to Tide. The only thing I don't like about this washer is that I don't find the fabric softener usage to work well. It seemed like I wasn't putting fabric softener in at all. I solved this problem by dipping cloths in downy and putting them in the dryer with my clothes. So it's great!

Energy Efficiency
It is a very energy efficient washer.

Cleaning Time
It takes about an hour to wash a load of clothes, which is longer than a standard washing machine. But considering how much less water it uses, that's okay with me.

I've never had to rewash something. I was skeptical at first but I'm amazed at how clean my clothes are.

Was not hard at all to learn to use. Even my teenagers got it on the first try.

The design is great. Love the glass lid. Lid could be flatter though. You can't rest anything on it.

We've had it about 6 months, so far so good.

Great washer

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

Loved the washer, very easy to use. Really does get my clothes clean

Very efficient to use

Cleaning Time
Cleaning times very on the amount of dirt

Cleans very well

Very simple and easy to sue

Love the design very well made

Very durable washer. I would recommend

The least amount of time I have owned a washer

Ahhhh!

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

I purchased this product after Whirlpools similar model with porcelain drum kept attempting to wash clothes without water. Water filled then drained. I exchanged for another model with same results!? Then purchased LG. with much better performance!
In reading other reviews! What happened to Whirlpool?

Next Generation Top Load Washer

from Terre Haute, IN

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

We wanted this washer specifically after reading many reviews and finally found it at Best Buy. Everything about it is quality! The TruBalance has made it possible to wash anything. The 10 year warranty is a bonus. BEST TOP LOAD WASHER!!!

Energy Efficiency
Uses only enough water to cover the tub contents. Many wash settings from speed wash to bulky.

Cleaning Time
Everything comes out clean no matter what setting is used.

No problem of any kind has arisen.

Lots of options but it's set up for easy selection.

It's beautiful for a washer!

No problems in the time we've had it and trust the LG brand for endurance and durability.

Great HE washer!

from Chandler, AZ

Comments about LG Top Load Washer:

This washer is easy to use and is quiet. It will sense how much you have in the load and fill it with water accordingly. It gets clothes really clean by mixing them around so that the same clothes you load at the bottom of the washer are not there the whole wash cycle. The spin cycle gets the clothes super dry so you don't have to spend as much time drying them in the dryer. You can customize your wash and it also has a soak option. It also can do an extra rinse for when using liquid fabric softener. When the clothes are done washing, there is no annoying buzzing but a cute little song that it plays.