3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Love this washer!

When we moved into our last apartment, we had to provide our own washer and dryer. We knew we were going to buy a house about a year after that, so we decided to go ahead and invest in a washer and dryer we wanted to hold on to. We did a ton of research and knew we wanted a washer that could handle at least a queen sized comforter (a previous washer had ripped ours). We loved all of the features of this washer and over the past 6 years, we have probably used every feature available on it. It's still running strong and I love being able to wash anything from just a single shirt to our king sized comforter.

Energy Efficiency
We bought this with energy efficiency in mind.

Cleaning Time
About 45 min to an hour for most loads.

Works very well.

Just select the load you want (delicate, cotton, etc.) and you can customize how soiled the load is if you need it extra clean from the digital readout.

It has a sleek look to it (mine is the dark blue) and the digital display is easy to navigate.

I've been using mine for almost 6 years with no problems.

Great at first. But....

I imagine most of the reviews for the LG TROMM are from people who have been using it within the last 5 months. I loved mine at first but after four months (and I am not alone, browse LG TROMM Troubles on Google) the problems this washer had were overwhelming. Soon enough YOUR washer will start to display error codes such as FE,LE, and PE and will halt in its tracks or prevent you from opening the door and you'll have to figure out how to reset it...unless you ge a tE code. Then you're dead in the water and will have to call a technician who will charge you an arm and a leg if you're outside the warrenty. Take my advice, there is a growing number of TROMM owner who are complaining about this washer, leave this one in the store.

Energy Efficiency
Very efficient when it's actually working.

Close to an hour per regular load

Not the best on stains.

Doesn't always work

Love this washer!

from Overland Park, KS

Energy Efficiency
We bought this with energy efficiency in mind.

Cleaning Time
About 45 min to an hour for most loads.

Works very well.

I've been using mine for almost 6 years with no problems.

Could not be happier after 4+ years

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

I've owned the LG Tromm washer/dryer combo for about 4 years now. What a quality product! Amazingly energy efficient. Top notch cleaning power. Perfect array of wash options. I could not be happier with my purchase. I've put everything from car floor mats to tennis shoes to delicates in this thing and have never been anything but pleased with results. I always leave door and detergent drawer open when not in use. Drain hose and run tub clean function about every 4 months. I think things would be fine if I didn't but its no sweat. Great product.

• Cleaning Time:

Not all it's cracked up to be

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

This is my second experience with a front load washer and I was really hoping that because it had been several years in between that some of the issues with my first washer would have been worked out. Not so! The rubber gasket is full of mold/mildew and the washer stinks all the time. Lots of great features but really hard to get past the bad ones.

Energy Efficiency
Not really sure how to gauge this. It is supposed to be, I think.

Cleaning Time
It has a speed wash cycle and a lot of other cycles so that you can pick and choose how long you want the wash to be.

It performs okay if you can get past the mildew on the rubber gasket and the gunk that builds up around the gasket. Also, it has leaked down the front for as long as I have had the washer. The support at LG told me I should dry the thing totally after every load. I'm not sure about anyone else, but that is something I don't always have the time to do. It does shake my whole house when the thing spins.

Pretty easy to use and lots of great features.

I just can't figure out why they cannot keep the thing from smelling like it does and the problems with the mildew on the gasket are awful

Other than the leaking, I suppose it has been durable. I have had it about 5 years.

I love it!

from Amboy, WA

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

I love my washer! It is quiet, does a great job cleaning the clothes without aging them. Since it is a front loader, I can't open the lid and make sure there are enough suds in it nor can I tell if I need a vinegar rinse soon, but it does an awesome job on our clothes.

I only rated it a 4 because I can't add clothes to it mid-cycle.

I have used this machine for over 6 years and it's still a dream!

spin cycle sucks.

from Machesney Park, IL

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

look very carefully at all the brands. LG is a good brand, but the front loader that I have sounds like it is going to leave the floor when it is in spin cycle. we have had it looked at and balanced,but it didn't stop the vibrations. I love my cherry red washer and dryer,but i wouldn't buy other set. I will get top loaders again.

Great at first. But....

from Washington, DC

Energy Efficiency
Very efficient when it's actually working.

Close to an hour per regular load

Not the best on stains.

Doesn't always work

My LG TROMM is Amazing!

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

I love my LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Loader. It is truly amazing. I have never had a washing machine that I love as much as this before. THere are a ton of great features. My clothes get clean and smell great on the first wash. I also love that it is very energy efficient and easy to use. Even my five year old can put on a load of wash because it is so user friendly. I love the extra options and features that many other washing machines do not offer. I think that this will last me a very long time. It seems to be a high quality product and a great purchase. The cost of it was higher than I would ususally pay, but it was well worth the investment. I have saved time and money because of the incredible job it does cleaning.

Never Could Go Back With the LG FrontLoad Washer!

from Lawrenceburg, TN

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

The LG Steam Washer WM2688H Front Load Washer is a purchase that my family does not regret and we have had it for over 4 years.

Some of the top reasons why I enjoy the LG Steam Washer Front Load Washer:

It cleans better, and takes out stains very well. This is excellent for those with little children.

It has a very large capacity, and fits king size comforters!

Saves Water!

Tells you how long till your load is ready to be emptied.

Many useful buttons- Such as speed wash, pre-wash, tub clean, etc..

No more going to the dry cleaners! No damage done to my “dry clean only” clothes with the Dry Clean option.

If you’re looking for a washer to contain more clothes, water saving or more efficient cleaning, the LG Steam Washer WM2688H Front Load Washer hits the mark.

Though expensive, you still save money in the long run through lower water bills, less clothes to replace, and eliminates dry-cleaning bills (of course you'll have to iron them yourself).

I'm unable to think of any problems with the LG Washer. However, whatever floor your washer is on, you will find the floor and the items in the rooms slightly vibrating with the strong spinning cycle! Make sure you don't put any breakable things on top of the washer or anything near the ledge, as it will fall off. I've had a cup break from the vibration!

LG SteamWasher is a slick, easy,worth-it appliance!

from Humble, TX

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

We purchased the LG steamWasher 3 years ago, after researching washers and dryers extensively. We decided on the LG because they are not only the leading manufact. of front loading amchines but also set the scale for all the other manu. to try to compete with.

We do about 1 load of laundry a day, with a 4 person household. I use all the settings and have adjusted the temperatures, used the tub clean function, and purchased the drawer that the machine sits on.

We get a lot of stains on clothes from a 3 year old boy and a 7 month old little girl. We RARELY need to even use a stain pretreater, this washer gets all the stains out no matter what! While on vacation we used my parents washer, which is standard top loader and we never noticed how many stains our kids DO get on clothes. We even pretreated and their washed did not get the stains out. We brought the clothes home and washed them with no pretreating and lo and behold the stains came out in 1 washing. Awesome is all I can say.

We like the blue color too!

Our only complaint is that there is a mildew smell in the washer if the door gets shut, but I have heard this is common with all front loaders. Our smell is much less than my sisters who also had a front loader of a different manufacturer. We find that if we use white vinegar in the bleach container for washings about every 3rd time, the smell is minimized and isnt in our clothes what so ever! Cheap easy fix!

Lots of Choices, Cleans Great, Vibrates a Lot

from Summerville, SC

Comments about LG TROMM SteamWasher Front Load Washer WM2688HNM:

This washer has a HUGE capacity, which is perfect for comforters; saves a trip to the laudromat or dry cleaners.  It also has a ton of features and different settings which is great.  It has a great Sanitizing cycle, which I didn't think I would need until my daughter came home with lice AGGHH!  So the extra hot water was  a lifesaver!  It also  has extra rinse which I love!  I will never get a washer with a center agitator again!!!!!!