2.6
LG TROMM Front Load Washers

LG TROMM Front Load Washers

2.6

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't clean effectively (3)

Love it but would not buy it again

I have owned my LG Tromm Front load washer over a year.  From the beginning, it leaked water from underneath.  Repairmen have not been able to locate the source of the leak because it is always dry by the time they get here (days or more later).  I keep a log.  It's happened maybe 30 times in the past year.  Sometimes a LOT of water (gallon maybe?) and sometimes much less (maybe a cup).  It also leaks bleach from the bleach dispenser (onto the floor).  If I use Oxyclean powder with the wash in the pre-wash cup, my laundry will be bleach streaked.  Having said all this, I love the front load washer for the quiet and water efficiency.  It cut my water bill by a third and my electric bill went down noticably as well because the high speed spin leaves clothes almost dry.

I wish I had a brand that didn't leak, though.  This will prevent me from ever buying another LG front load washer again.  I read about this problem so much online that it seems that the responsible thing for LG to do would be to recall these things.  But I get only denial that there is a problem.  My installer advised against using the tray I bought to put the washer in -- saying I would never need it.  It's a little late now as the dryer is stack atop the washer and no one can lift this package to put a tray under it.  So, I am grateful my floor is tile and not wood ...and hope for the best.

No more LG appliances for me.  But front load (big ones anyway) RULE!

Energy Efficiency
My water bill went down noticably.

It does not clean REALLY dirty clothes well unless I add a supplemental cleaner (bleach, oxyclean, etc) and run it is on an extended setting (STEAM, STAIN CYCLE, MORE WATER). Might be the way front loaders work because of so little water. It's a fair trade-off for efficiency, I guess.

While the original leaks have been fixed, it leaks from the door area when it is opened after the wash cycle is finished. Fortunately, I have it installed in a tray, so it cannot ruin the floor. Would be really nice if it were possible to just "crack" the door open to leave it dry after washing -- instead of wide open, but there is no catch to do that.

I have now had the washer five years. Still going strong, complete with the original minor complaints. No odors, no smells ( I leave the door open at least one day after I wash).

Don't buy this product!!!!!

We have owned an LG Front Loader Washer, WM2277HW, product for a few years now and have had problems with it that has been common to many owners of this washer.  When it started leaking from the bottom I was told many things by the manufacturer - I used the wrong detergent, overfilled the cup, blah, blah, blah.  First of all, I only use HE detergent and second of all there is a plastic indicator in the cup showing you the fill line.  Loooooooong story short, after having flooded floors for months and stinky clothes - oh, I guess I left out the worst part - the clothes came out smelling like a sewer - another problem common to other owners.  Apparently there is a significant amount of water still left in the drum after the cycle has completed and if you don't empty it using the drain hose, during the summer months especially, the water turns foul and is cycled over your next load.  And NO, draining the water is not a daily job you are supposed to do.  It is designed to use in case the water doesn't drain out the regular way, which is exactly what happened recently when our pump went out.  So, back to the other problems.  On our second round of technicians, I was the one who finally found the cause of the water leaking on the floor.  The hose that runs from the pump to the drain in your wall was badly designed inside the machine.  Every time the machine was in use and would start to vibrate, even a little, the hose would vibrate against the drum and eventually wore a hole in the hose.  So, everytime it would try to pump water out some of the water would leak through that hole and all over the floor.  The two technicians didn't see it.  I found it when they removed the hose, gave it to me, and still had their heads stuck inside the machine.  They "fixed" the problem by replacing the hose and TAPING it to the wall of the machine so it wouldn't rattle loose and rub against the drum during use.  But wait, there's more!  When our pump went out recently my husband and I decided we would fix it ourselves and guess what?  When we opened up the machine the hose was dangling loose once again!!  Great tape job they did.  So the point to all this is that the manufacturer badly designed the machine and that's why so many people have had the problem of water running all over the floor.  As far as the stinking clothes, the pump does not pump out all the water and always leave about four cups of water left in the machine.  Another bad design.  But since I'm not made of money myself, I have to keep this machine for awhile, so the only solution is that when I'm sure I'm done washing clothes for the day I drain the water out via that handly little black hose on the front of the machine - and I leave the door open to air dry the inside - another thing the manufacturer suggested doing.  We have a tiny laundry room that leads to our garage.  So every time I pass by there I have to shut the door to the washer and remember to open it back up when I pass back by.  Oh, here's a bit of trivia for you LG owners.  While LG may stand for "Life's Good....." do you know what it previously stood for?  "Lucky-Goldstar"  Goldstar!  Yup, that's right.  Remember Goldstar appliances?  You know, the bottom-of-the-line appliances that we all bought because they were cheap.  Well, good old LG is Goldstar.  Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Disgusting Slime Buildup

from nj

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

my washer has the same issues as most reviews I have read. It builds up a brown slime in the inner seal, behind the seal on the rim of the drum behind the seal and on the white ring that the drum rolls on. The scum will get on your clothes and ruin them and make your close smell musty. Even with regular cleaning, it does not get the scum behind the seal.
      I am going to buy a top loader and stay away from the front loaders. I do not even see a way this can be corrected as I have seen the same problem with other brands.
      I would say that the old style top loading inexpensive washers work way better then these new versions

probably a bad mistake which I repeated

from New Braunels, Tx.

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Quiet

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

• i've got nothing as for best use. if it does;t c

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

i am so sick and tired of having stains on everything! This machine does an extremely poor job of cleaning! i don't know if it's the Irish in me or not, but I like to do laundry, and this makes me do a lot of it over and over. There is not a pre-stain cleaner in this world that can clean these spots. Everything I have is ruined from repeated washing and drying and STILL THE STAINS! This is ridiculous! i am buying another unit as soon as I can afford to. I have an old top load in storage I am going to give a try. I bough this because it would stake in my small laundry area. It is also water "efficient" which may be the cause of the stains. Not enough water used, even when I push extra water. This is ridiculous! Hope I can't a decent price for it on these appliances market. Worthless!

Don't Purchase LG Front Loader

from SEEKONK MA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down
      • Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Leaky
      • Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

AFTER 18 YEARS WITH A $200 SCRATCH & DENT GE TOP LOADER AND 5 CHILDREN LATER, I WAS VERY EXCITED TO PURCHASE THIS NEW WASHER DRYER SET WITH BASES (EVEN THOUGH OVER $2200) WITHIN A WEEK THE WASHER WAS LEAKING AND 6 REPAIR TRIPS WITHIN 6 MONTHS AND MUCH COMPLAINING LG REPLACED THE WASHER WITH A NEW WASHER WHICH TOOK THREE DELIVERIES TO FINALLY GET ONE THAT WASN'T SEVERELY DAMAGED. TOO BAD WE DIDN'T READ THE REVIEWS BEFOREHAND OR MAYBE THERE WEREN'T ANY IN 06 WHEN WE INITIALLY PURCHASED BECAUSE WE HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL THAT OTHERS HAVE COMMENTED ON EXTREMELY FOWL ODORS, LEAKS, MULTIPLE REPAIRS AND PART REPLACEMENTS AND HAVE ALSO FOUND THE DRAINING TUBE RIDICULOUS AND MESSY. DON'T BUY. GOING BACK TO A TOP LOADER. THE ONLY PRO TO THIS MACHINE IS THAT A LOT OF CLOTHES CAN FIT IN IT.

LG washer

from Booneville, AR

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

Really like this washer starting out with the color and design. I like the features it offers. And that it's energy efficient. Really cleans our clothes well. Nice to look at to. Love the little jingle it plays when its done instantly catches my attention that it's done. One thing I do have to complain about is the rubber ring that seals the door tore and we had to have it replaced. But it's run great before and since. Love it and I haven't noticed any funny smell coming from the inside drum as some have of course I clean the ring and run cleaner to clean the drum through and let the door stay open a bit after I get done washing.

Energy Efficiency
      Very efficient uses less water and electricity.

Cleaning Time
      You can range your time on this washer has a quick wash or on out to a full out load taking about an hour to wash if it's a extremely big load such as comforters or such.

Works very well love it

Very easy to use just set the controls to what you want and wash very simple

Love the design the color brightens up my laundry room and I just like to look at this washer. Very attractive adds a nice design to my plain old boring laundry room. LOL

Pretty good for the most part just had that one problem with the rubber ring on the front of the washer. other than that everything's worked great.

• Cleaning Time:

The worst washing machine I have ever owned! Don't buy it!

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

This mold bucket of a washing machine has been dirtying my clothes for the past few years. My clothes come out of the washer less clean than when I put them in. Pretty amazing considering what I paid for the overpriced piece of junk!

Energy Efficiency
      Not efficient since it's supposed to clean clothes.

Cleaning Time
      Cycle takes forever and the clothes smell moldy when they come out!

HORRIBLE!

Worst design you will find in a washing machine. Don't know anyone happy with the piece of junk.

Terrible product!

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

I was so excited when my family first purchased the LG Tromm Front Load Washer. I had never owned a laundry machine that was so shiny, beautiful, and modern looking. My previous washer and dryer both came with my current house. I am unaware of what their exact age was when I moved in, but the washer looked old fashioned at the time. Despite its age, my family and I used our old washer with very few problems for close to twenty years. When our washer finally died, we purchased the Lg Tromm Front Load Washer. My family and I were so disappointed! This washer leaves stains on our clothes and there is an odd, repulsive odor in the washer that makes our clothes smell worse than they did prior to washing. I find it completely concerning that my ancient twenty year old washer was significantly better quality than this brand new washer! Technology is supposed to improve!

Energy Efficiency
      It is efficient at saving energy.

Cleaning Time
      The cleaning time is fine. However, I would prefer a longer cleaning time if it meant that my clothes would actually come out clean.

The clothes come out smelling worse than they did going in.

It looks so beautiful!

• Cleaning Time:

I'd never recommend this product

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

I've owned my Tromm HE front loading washing machine since 2007. At first it seemed to work just fine, but over the years I've learned it takes A LOT of cleaning, I mean A LOT. I have to get a frying pan put it one the floor pull out the tube to empty it. Ridiculous! Then the tray which holds the detergent/bleach/fabric softener, is always full of water. I have to empty that after every wash cycle. Couldn't figure out the mold odor.....well when I pulled the tray out all behind it was MOLD, BLACK MOLD. Until I found yet another problem I had no idea why after washing my clothes, that they stunk! Then there's a 3 drain system in the front around the seal. I have to use a tweezers to pull out any lint or debris that has accumulated in there. All in all I never would have bought this machine if I knew then what I know now. Rally glad it isn't just me.

Energy Efficiency
      Washes for a long time. Do not over load it, or half the clothes are dry when you take them out. They never touched any water!

LONG

You're supposed to be able to put more clothes in than the average non-HE machine. Not so. I've had it balanced 2 times and it still walks across the floor!

I hate constantly have to clean out the entire machine. Oh I always leave the door open to dry out, doesn't help if the tray and the water tube is sitting in water.

Easy to figure out the control panels

I haven't had to replace it because it's broken.

Love it but would not buy it again

from Pulaski, VA

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

No more LG appliances for me.  But front load (big ones anyway) RULE!

Energy Efficiency
      My water bill went down noticably.

• Cleaning Time:

biggest waste of money ever!

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

I have owned this washer for 6 years and had to replace the drain pump twice for 250.00 each time! And like the previous reviews I also had a problem with the smell despite cleaning in monthly. I also purchased the dryer which appears satisfactory.

Mediocre washer

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washers:

This machine does not do a very good job of washing clothing, unfortunately. Although it has a pretty decent capacity and I like that it loads from the front, it fails to fulfill the most important aspect of its job: cleaning the laundry. My loads sometimes emerge with a strange smell, and it doesn't matter what kind of detergent I use! Washing them twice sometimes gets rid of the smell, but often I have to hang them up to air them out. As you can imagine, this is not convenient when you need something washed quickly.

Energy Efficiency
      I guess it's fine. I don't really care about energy efficiency, but it seems perfectly good.

Cleaning Time
      Seeing that I have to wash many loads more than once, I have to give this machine a poor ranking.