Other Washing Machines:

LG TROMM Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

I love it. It's quiet and spins things practically dry.

This is my first front loader and I am amazed and thrilled by this machine.  It is so quiet that I can leave the laundry room door open now.  When the cycle is over it plays a gentle song instead of buzzing at me in an obnoxious way like my previous machine.The thing that impresses me the most is how much water is removed from the clothes in the spin cycle.  Much of the time, I hang them to dry and they are dry in less than 20-30 minutes.   That includes my jeans.  I am not a "gadget girl" and in the past have always said, "Just give me an 'on' and an 'off' button, please."  Althought this machine has several functions and cycles, it is very user friendly and I would highly recommend it to everyone. Another thing that I truly love is that the drum is larger and I am able to keep up with my laundry now.  Who knew that you could LOVE a washing machine?  The only thing that I have not liked about this machine is that when the gasket is wet it has as odd odor to it; obviously, it is wet when you are removing clothes.  The smell does NOT transfer to the clothes though.

LG Steam Washer WM2487H*MA, Horrid odor that will not go away!

LG Steam Washer WM2487H*MA:

Chose LG, due to high ratings at the time.  However, after over two years, uncertain how they obtained those ratings.
Read complete review

LG Steam Washer WM2487H*MA:

Initially it seemed the perfect choice, but about 6 months later it developed an awful odor.  Manuals suggested maintenance includes cleaning the pump filter at least twice a month and the door seal after each use.  Extreme amount of care to prevent odor buildup.

Twice a month cleaning of the pump filter,requires anywhere from 3 to 6 hours to drain into a bucket, before you can remove the lint trap to clean.  If I do not wait long enough, water pours out when removing the filter.

After owning six months, it became necessary to clean the pump after 2 to 3 loads. If I do not do this, my laundry smells worse at the end of the cycle than it did before washing.  If the door seal is not cleaned after each load than it is worse. By the end of the month, I have a load of old towels from maintenance.

My husband has pitched in and 2 to 3 times a month we run the machine on the cleaning cycle with the maximum amount  of bleach possible to kill any mold, mildew, or algae we can.  No great fix!  We have begun the last couple of months to leave the door open when not in use, helps a little.

Enjoy my washing machine

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

This was my first front load washing machine purchase and I'm overall happy. There are lots of settings for my needs. I like that you can choose a super quick cycle for around 20 min. when you just need a quick wash, or the water saving deep cleaning wash that senses your load. I can't figure out the steam setting and I'm sure it's user error but it seems like it would do more than drench my items. This is why I only gave it 9 stars. Overall I am pleased. Looking back it was mentally hard to pay so much but I am glad we did. I feel my clothes are clean and almost every item I run through it with a stain has come clean. This includes toddler stains, and a handyman hubby that isn't afraid to get greasy and dirty. So far, after three years of running my washer almost daily, I have only a small odor and no mildew I can see. I think the odor is because I accidentally washed a pocketful of doggie treats. I use the tub wash feature once a month and I also use a name brand front load washer packet every three months. So far I think these two maintenance steps I've taken have warded off the stink and mildew I hear others have experienced with front load washers. A family member bought a different brand and has a ton of mildew and stinky issues with theirs. Anther thing that helps is leaving the door open to air out. I would stick with this brand and recommend to anyone wanting to buy a front load washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Worst appliance I have ever owned. Unbelievable!

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

I am 57 years old and this is the worst appliance I have ever owned. Within a year and a half of my purchasing it, it began to smell horribly. It turns out you can only use the slightest amount of HE detergent. Okay, problem semi-solved, but really what one needs to do is purchase these cleaning disks and run those through the machine frequently.

When it spins out the water it is so loud and shakes everything!

Now though, the washer is depositing big brown streaks on my clothes. I certainly cannot afford to continue to throw away and replace clothes so will have to purchase a new washer.

BTW, LG's Customer No-Service stinkgs. I decided 4 1/2 years ago when LG wouldn't help me that I would never again by another LG product and I have not!

The whole experience has been such a disappointment!

Energy Efficiency
The length of time it takes to wash a load is nearly double. How energy efficient could that be?!

GIVE IT 7 YEARS MOST!!!!

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

I PAID OVER 3000.00 FOR THE TROMM 7 YEARS AGO....DONT EXPECT IT TO LAST LONG....IT SOUNDS LIKE A PLANE READY TO TAKE OFF...IT IS SO LOUD, I HAVE TO TURN THE TV UP 4 OR 5 NOTCHES UP. I CHECKED INTO GETTING IT FIXED...700.00, ITS BETTER JUST TO SCRAP IT! WHAT HAPPENED TO QUALITY????

• Cleaning Time:

great washer with sanitize feature and ultra capacity!

from Columbus, NJ

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

I couldn't find my exact model which is WM2487HRMA. This seems to be the closest so I am putting my review here. The only negatives I have are that you have to leave the front door open so that mold doesn't grow in the rubber lip and that our dog's fur will stick to the glass on the door and rubber lip just inside the door when I wash her bed. Other than that I absolutely love this washer. It is very quiet, easy to use, has a sanitize cycle, steam cycle and a bunch of other cycles to choose from. The capacity is super. King down comforter fits. It is s little snug bit it fits. That for me was a selling point all by itself.

Love the design except have to leave the door open on front load washer so mold doesn't grow in rubber lip.

Nice washer

from Alhambra, CA

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

We've had ours for a few years now and it's still working well. It's nice, gets the job done, and definitely does look nice, however, it can be a bit loud. I'm not sure if it's just the placement of ours, or if our loads sometimes get a little too big, but it does get really loud sometimes and while it's not a big deal, it's something to take note of. One thing we've had issues with as well is the rubber kind of.. waterguard? I suppose? for the window on it. Sometimes ours gets a bit of gunk in it from the water, and we actually had some of it stain white clothes before, so you'll definitely want to keep that clean. Other than that, it works well, has a lot of room for larger loads, and is pretty quiet if you don't have sizeable loads of laundry!

LG Tromm makes my life easier!

from Aubrey, TX

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

I am a busy SAHM to 6 kids and so I needed a washer that could give me good results and that's exactly what the LG tromm does. I love the cherry red colour, which makes it visually very appealing. It has a great capacity, enabling me to wash alot of laundry in one hit. I typically run my clothes on cold and they still come out very clean. There are many different settings depending on what you are doing. The steam setting is nice and does a decent job, but in all honesty I don't use it very often. I highly recommend that you buy the pedestal with this front loader though, so you don't hurt your back with bending over. Price wise it was a bit up there, but we did our research and thought that this was one of the best ones out there. We have had our machine for 3 years now and never had a problem. There can be a bit of a smell in the drum sometimes, but we follow the directions in the manual to get rid of it and it works pretty well.

Love My Front Load Steam Washer

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

This front loading washer is excellent.  It has a large capacity, stainless steel drum.  Water does not accummulate inside the rubber rims, no problems with moldy smells.  We do leave the door open from time to time to air.

The variety of settings for steam wash and washing without steam offer many cycle options.  I would have rated it five stars however there are some limitations.  Unfortunately, I am unable to use the extra hot steam cyle for less time.  This is disappointing.  The sanitary wash setting is two hours.

The tray that holds and dispenses the detergent, softener, etc. cannot be removed.  Softener tends to clog on the plastic and is hard to clean.  I would prefer if this tray could be removed and cleaned.  Even running hot water without detergent does not remove the caked on laundry soaps.

I recommend purchasing the separate stand to set the washer on.  It is excellent to hold detergents.  The PLUS is that it lifts the washer and you don't have to bend to get laundry in and out.

LG Steam Washer WM2487H*MA, Horrid odor that will not go away!

from Mobile, AL

Absolutely perfect!

from Augusta, GA

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

Recently my husband and I had to purchase a new washing machine.  After having the previous one for 9 years it was definately time for an upgrade.  We searched around, read the reviews, spoke with people who have a front load washing machine and decided this is what we needed.  It is quiet, efficient, and has a delay timer that has already been put to use.  Perfect for those busy days when you have so much to do and not enough time to get it all done.

Saves tremendously on water bill!!

from Scottsboro, AL

Comments about LG TROMM Front Load Washer:

Highly recommend this washer...It cut my water bill in half, it holds more clothing than a top-loading washer and it cuts down on drying time due to the clothes having more water spun out of them.  The only con I see is you need to promptly remove clothing from washer.  Otherwise, you will notice an "unfresh" odor to clothing.  I say that because that is the biggest complaint I have seen about front-loading washers.  Highly recommend it, though.