4.1
WM2801H
LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer

LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer

4.1

LG SteamWasher is an elder caregiver's tether to sanity

We purchased the LG SteamWasher for it's steam and sanitation cycles because we have an active teenager and two dogs in the house.  Shortly after purchasing the washer (and matching dryer) my mother's health really began to fail (she is 88) and she became incontinent.

I was at my wit's end as dry cleaner after dry cleaner refused to take clothing from her and those that did continue to take her items never seemed to get them clean.

Finally, out of sheer exasperation, I decided to try the wool cycle on her designer skirts; the steam/sanitation cycle on her bedding and towels; and the delicate cycle on her seemingly endless supply of silk blouses.  I was thrilled at the success.  Everything came out clean and smelling fresh with no shrinkage or problems.  I was amazed that the wool skirts went through the wool cycle without shrinking or pilling.  And the silks, well they go through the delicate cycle beautifully.

It is hard to describe what a relief this has been for me.  I do more laundry for my mother than I do for my household of four.  All I can say is if the LG SteamWasher can clean - without ruining - my mother's things, it will easily handle whatever any "normal" household will toss into it.

LG IS JUST OK

THE LG WASHER IS JUST OK. IT LOOKS GREAT AND HAS GREAT COLOR OPTIONS. I FEEL LIKE A NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE JUST TO LEARN HOW TO OPERATE AND USE ALL THE SETTINGS TO GET OUT ALL IT HAS TO OFFER. IT DOES USE LESS WATER AND ENERGY, WHICH IS GREAT. IT ALSO HAS A LARGE CAPACITY, AND MAKES MY LAUNDRY LOADS FEWER. THE CHILD LOCK IS A NICE SAFETY FEATURE. I HAD TO PURCHASE THE PEDESTALS TO RAISE THE WASHER TO A COMFORTABLE HEIGHT , OTHERWISE IT IS WAY TOO LOW AND BENDING DOWN WAS UNCOMFORTABLE, SO OF COURSE THAT WAS AN ADDED EXPENSE. I HAVE SAVED MONEY ON DETERGENT AS IT USES LESS AND HAS GREAT COMPARTMENTS TO FILL BLEACH,SOFTNER AND DETERGENT AND WITH MAX FILL LINES. THE COMPARTMENTS FILL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF WATER AFTER THE WASH IS COMPLETE AND YOU HAVE TO POUR THE WATER OUT SO YOU CAN ACCURATLEY MEASURE YOUR CLEANERS FOR THE NEXT LOAD AND THEY ARE NOT DILUTED. I ESPECIALLY DO LIKE THE SANITARY AND STEAM FEATURES, AS MY FAMILY SUFFERS FROM ALLERGIES, THAT IS WHAT LEAD ME TO PURCHASE THIS WASHER IN THE FIRST PLACE. AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS, I AM FINALLY LEARNING  HOW TO USE ALL THE FEATURES!

Never will buy another LG

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

Had this for less than 3 years. Did not use it more than 3 times in a week. Now it stopped working. Won't spin. 3 years is all i got for all that money that I paid. Not impressed at all. Would never buy another LG item because of this. My other washer was a whirlpool. My daughter needed a washer/dryer so I was nice and gave her our whirlpool. Well it's 8 years old and still works to this day. LG SUCKS!

Was not impressed with the cleanliness of clothes

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Efficient, clean LG washing machine

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

I purchased my LG steam washer about 3 years ago. At first, I was amazed at how clean my clothes were when they came out of the wash. I had a newborn baby at the time, so we had a ton of clothes with stains on them. Even after applying stain remover, you could still see the stains! After the first wash in the LG washing machine, I was surprised to see that most of the stains had disappeared (even without the use of additional stain remover!). Then, after a couple of years, I began to notice a "mildewy" smell whenever I ran the washing machine, and unfortunately, my clothes retained that mildewy smell even after they had completed the wash cycle and had been dried. I contacted LG and they sent a repairman out, free of charge, to replace the rubber gasket in the front (which had indeed acquired mildew despite me leaving the door open after washes, as had been recommended). He suggested that I hand dry the rubber gasket after each wash. I have been doing this for about half a year now, and the mildew smell has yet to return. I am rating this slightly lower because of this imperfection in the design (and subsequent annoyance). Otherwise, I would highly recommend!

LG SteamWasher Front Load, don't let the smooth look fool you

from Detroit, MI

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

I was so impressed with the sleek design and color of  the LG  Steamwash, but as with every other LG  appliance that I have  ever purchased, it turned out to be a big dissapointment.  The machine makes a rattling sound and there customer servic is a joke.  And unless you  purchase an extended warranty  you  can forget about a service call.

I have learned my lesson regarding any LG appliance, stay away.  I am going to stick with traditional  products, like Kenmore and Whirlpool.  All of this new  stuff is a joke.

Thanks so much  for this opportunity.... maybe someone will listen .

This Washer is Awesome

from Pottsville, PA

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

We bought this Washer a little over a month ago. It is fantastic. It has a large capacity so you can wash a lot of items in a short amount of time. Not to mention its spin cycle is really fast 1300 RPMs so it really saves on drying time. My wife and I are extremely happy with this purchase.

Must have

from Clifton Park, NY

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

I have never had an LG product that I have been disappointed with yet!! They always exceed my expectations. This was by far the best washer that I have had. this is a very sensible buy considering that its  energy efficient and weighs your wash to so that it doesn't use excess water or energy, top of the line with the newest technology (it has settings I haven't heard of before), and its very quiet and not disruptive to everyday life. A little pet peeve of mine was that you have to buy a high efficiency detergent for the high efficiency machine so I didn't know what to do with all my other laundry detergent (don't try putting regular detergent in your machine because it doesn't work, I tried it and learned the hard way). This machine comes with a high price tag but its definitely quality that I know will last. it is a lot sturdier than my other machine so I don't feel bad about the investment and it is also very well designed and attractive

LG Washer is the Best!

from Centreville, VA

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

I recently just bought a house that came with an old washing machine from the 80's so I knew I had to go out there and get a new one.  I did a lot of research beforehand and found out from consumers that LG and Samsung made the best washer and dryers.  Also I knew I wanted a steamwasher.  Luckily, it was around Christmas time so I got a killer deal on the LG Steamwasher.  I love the sounds it makes, instead of an annoying buzzer it plays this little song when it is done washing.  But that is the least of the best things about it.  It really gets your clothes clean and it does it efficiently.  It has a sensor that can tell how much water to use and how long to wash it for.  THere is also a feature on there that is called "Hygeine" that uses hot water and really cleans dirty clothes well, which is perfect for me because I have two dogs and am constantly cleaning up messes and having dirty towels to wash that I dont wait to soil my clothes or leave a residue in the washer.

LG IS JUST OK

from Coatesville, PA

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

Never new I could get so excited over a major appliance!

from Bechtelsville, PA

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

OMG!  That pretty much sums up my opinion of this washer.  I am so in love with it.  It's customizable settings are incredible.  I never feel guilty about washing 1 pair of jeans anymore. This machine uses mere drops of water and delivers outstanding cleaning abilities each and every time.  From just 1 item to a dozen dog hair covered towels, it's performance is consistent.  Want to sanitize stinky underwear, no problem.  Need to wash a very expensive and delicate sweater, no problem.  Greasy and grass stained clothes, no problem.  I can't even remember what my old washer even looks like anymore!

The Lg SteamWasher is very energy efficient

from Douglasville, GA

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

The Lg SteamWasher has got to be one of the best washing machines I have ever been able to use. It's very energy efficient and delicate on clothes. It also uses High efficiency liquid detergent and doesn't require alot to get your clothes clean and smelling fresh. I can buy a bottle of liquid high efficiency detergent and use it for a month and I wash almost everyday now that I have the Lg  SteamWasher. It doesn't use nearly as much water as my old washer and it keeps the water bill down.

Makes doing laundry fun!

from Racine, WI

Comments about LG SteamWasher Front Load Washer:

I got this washing machine when another washing machine that I thought was the best fell apart. This machine has far exceeded all my expectations. The clothes never come out soapy, wrinkled, or sopping wet. There are spaces in the machinei to put your soap and softener. It decides how big your load is for you, so you don't waste water! That is my favorite part. It has cold and hot settings. It's a front loader, and I purchased the drawer that goes underneath so I don't have to lean over too much to take the clothes out. When the laundry is done, the washer plays a little song so you know it's done. We received a DVD with the washer so we could easily learn about the functions. The manual was also very helpful. This washer handles all of the laundry of my 21-year-old college student very efficiently! Along with the laundry of my other daughter, myself, and my husband. We haven't had any problems at all with this washer, and we have had a lot of bad luck with washers in the past. But with the warranty, we have had all of our past problems taken care of, so we expect to have this washer for a very long time!