3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Overall decent phone for android price range

This particular phone is very durable and the battery life is excellent, however, it does seem to run a bit slower than I would like when I am using the 3G feature. That may just be the network I am on though. Also, I've noticed the reception when I am inside buildings is somewhat weak, especially compared the the service I had when I was two feet outside the door of that same building.

Battery Life
This phone has exceptional battery life. I can play pandora, play games all day, run applications, make phone calls, send texts, browse the internet, and spend at least 24 hours running it on and off and at the end of the day I still have at least half battery. Sometimes it's a little less but I can definitely run as much as I want on the battery if I have it fully charged when starting my day.

Display/Screen Quality
I absolutely love the giant screen on this phone. it has great color, a good touch screen, it's very responsive when you touch it gently and when you tilt the phone. It has a great quality and as I said, you can't resist the huge size of it. The display looks as good as most tv's these days.

Call Quality
I have to be somewhat neutral on this. When I am outdoors, or even in the mountains or some place where reception is rare, the calls pick up and the quality is great. I can hear great on bluetooth, speaker phone, and just regular calls but if you step inside of a building it just doesn't pick up as good and often times, it drops calls!

I was worried going from Windows phone to Android but it is so simple to use. Everything makes sense and is in a good spot. It's so easy to use, you can easily flow from one activity to the next. I will say it was confusing getting used to using the square button at the bottom for additional features on webpages and I had to learn that by asking someone else, but overall a very user friendly device.

I have dropped this phone so many times it's embarrassing! I've been known to drop it multiple times in a day to where the cover comes off, the battery and SD card fly out, and everyone is gasping waiting to find out if my screen is cracked. It's definitely durable!

It has a good design but it's just square. It would be nice to have some indention or something to make it a little more ergonomic and give it a little grip when holding it.

I can't believe it got this high of a rating !!!

The look is great, easy to learn how to work, and I even liked the picture quality but that's if you can keep it working or basically not break on you in 6 months. I've never had luck with Lg phones but when shopping around I saw this and loved it tho every thing in me said don't do get it, I did. Big waste of money, I did get warranty but still who wants a phone that is always getting worked on or replaced. The first problem I had was one day out of no where my screen went black, no clue what happen, I had just spoke on it 2 mins. before, and I was in doors no danger to sun nor did I eva drop it. I got a new one or refurbish one what eva they give you when your on warranty, so round two ... this time I did drop it but it was it's first drop and I dropped it in my cars floor, to me that's better then the ground. Any way again screen black, all of this in 6 months , again maybe it's me and LG just don't get along. So after my second time with the same problem I was done with the phone, I got a Samsung which I no is durable. I've had my house burn down and as the fire department was putting the fire out my phone rang (which was in the house, that was on fire) one of the men heard it and grabbed it up to bring it out to me, needless to say we lost EVERY THING but my Samsung phone which besides being dirty,wet, and a little melted on the side it still worked. I guess I should be writing a review for Samsung lol I'll do that in the mean time Please do not buy LG or at least this phone.... It sucks

I guess its ok , for the time I had it, but I've had better

Display/Screen Quality
easy to learn and picture was good

Call Quality
ya but that should really go to the service provider.

set up and setting in general was easy.

like I said , lucky if you get 6 months out of it.

that's one of the reasons I got it.

Decent Product for Straight Talk and Price

from West Virginia

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This phone was a good buy for straight talks service. It was a decent enough price and it worked well for the first year or so I had it.

Battery Life
I would have to say for the first five or six months the battery seemed to last forever on this phone. After about six months, the next six months I had it the battery life slowly declined to where it wouldn't last more than an hour or two with me playing games or texting and browsing. It declined pretty quickly too.

Display/Screen Quality
The display screen on this is huge compared to many phones. It works really well and has a great screen. I really like the touch screen features on this phone and the drag and drop feature as well as being able to zoom in and out. It also works decent with a stylus.

Call Quality
I have a tin roof and aluminum siding and this phone dropped a lot of calls indoors. outside the home it did fairly well and the quality of the call was great but sometimes it would drop without any reason and say that I had very poor service available. as soon as the call dropped it would then say I had excellent coverage again.

Took a while to get used to android after being on a windows phone for a year but after I used an android based phone it was simple to learn to navigate.

I have dropped this phone several times. I even had to replace a screen and LCD in it. But it held up through dozens of drops. It was super durable and did great. I even dropped it in water once and it didn't harm the phone. It held up great until I finally accidentally crushed it and had to replace the screens and lcd. But stil a great phone.

Fairly good design. After spending time on android they all kind of navigate the same and it is a great design. I can say though that the power button and call buttons often pocket dial and turn on even with a lock screen. That is kind of frustrating but other than that, it has a good design. I fixed that issue with a case. It helped keep it from accidentally pocket dialing or turning on/off.

• Call Quality:

A good phone for those not obsessed with staying in touch.

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I've had this phone for about a month. I don't do very much on my phone: text, make a few short calls during the day and search the web for whatever random question I need answered. For 90% of the day, my phone is not in use. That being said, my battery is usually at about 20% at the end of the day. If you are always on your phone, you would need to have this plugged in or charge it 3 times per day. Also, if you put a screen protector on, you can see every pixel (not good).

Text messaging is hard on this phone because the screen is so small. I have to use swipe to get anything done.

Alright overall

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I think this phone has a great design and it is definitely easy to use. I believe that the battery life is over the top because I can sometimes go two days without charging it and still have over fifty percent battery life left. When I first got the phone, it worked great overall. But now after having it for over a year, I can see the performance level starting to drop. It has been freezing a lot. I have even deleted every app that I believe was making the performance poor, but the phone still continues to freeze. I try taking the battery out over and over again but it still has the same problem.

Battery Life
I think the battery life is very good. I have gone more than two days without recharging it.

Call Quality
I get great service everywhere I go and I can hear clearly through the phone's speakers.

Very easy to use!

I think it's average on it's durability.

I absolutely love how it is designed. It is the way of the future.

I love this phone!

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This is the phone that I currently use. I really like that it is touchscreen and has a keyboard that slides out. I have trouble typing on the keyboard that comes up on the touchscreen.

Battery Life
I think the phone has a great battery life, it can last all day. What I do is use an app that lengthens my battery life though.

Display/Screen Quality
I think the screen quality is overall great. My pictures look really clear even when I zoom in. Some of my apps look blurry though. It can be hard to read the words.

Call Quality
This phone has poor call quality. It is a good thing I don't talk much. Sometimes I can't make calls and when I do they aren't that clear. I can barely hear the other person on the phone, or they echo.

The phone is fairly easy to use but there can be problems. Sometimes to find things, I have to press certain buttons.

I think the phone is very durable. I am clumsy and have dropped my phone many times. The screen hasn't cracked and the outer shell isn't broken.

I really like this phones design. It has a touchscreen and a keyboard. It combines two things that I like in a phone.

It is an alright phone

Comments about LG Smartphone:

My husband got this phone for me when it first came out and I loved the phone, everything ran smooth and it lasted (and still is) a long time, although we no longer have our sprint account we still can use this phone on our wifi connection and we basically use it for a mini "tablet" for our 5 and 3yr olds. Only flaws I found of this phone is the battery life sucks! While just doing basic calls and texts it lasted maybe 4 1/2 hours tops, on data and browsing off of the wifi it would last only a couple hours depending on how long it was used. Never had any problems with the screen it still has the stock screen even after it being dropped multiple times. After having the phone for a few months it started showing issues with force closing apps I ended up having to do a factory reset on the phone to fix the problem, but that fix only lasted only a couple weeks until it started doing it again. But like I said it is still alright phone it keeps my children entertained with the learning games I have loaded to it. I would recommend this phone to others, that goes for almost any lg brand phone.

Call Quality
The call quality is low due to sprints crappy service and dropping calls though.

• Call Quality:

An Oldie and I was glad to get rid of it

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about LG Smartphone:

When I first opened my sprint account I got this phone free. But it was free for a reason. It was not the best phone in the bunch. The LG Optimus S Smartphone was not compatible with a lot of the apps in the app store because it was only a 3G device. At the time it seemed like the thing to have, but boy was I wrong. It was slow and I lost reception constantly. This phone didn't keep a charge and I had to replace the battery a couple of times. This phone had a habit of freezing to. It would freeze while I was playing a game or just get stuck on a screen and I would have to remove the battery and put it back in and then restart the phone so I could unfreeze the screen. Sometimes the screen calibration was so off. I couldn't answer the phone if it was ringing. The answer slide would just be stuck and wouldn't even move. It was a bad device all around in my opinion.

Battery Life
This phone never stayed charged and I even had to replace the battery a couple times.

• Call Quality:

Pretty decent low-cost smart phone

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This is a pretty good smart phone for the price. It's definitely not as fast or smooth as the iPhone, but it's also cheaper. The only really negative thing I would say about the phone is that the camera is quite poor. While outside, in natural light, it does an okay job. However, as soon as you go inside the photo is very blurry, shapes move into each other and colours are very dim.

Battery Life
I've had a very good experience with the battery life, it rarely goes flat and as long as I charge it at night it makes it through the whole day with ease, even with frequent use of wifi/data. When the battery does start to decline and I know I'm not going to be able to change it I turn the brightness down.

Display/Screen Quality
Again, it's hard not to compare to the iPhone. Even though at this point they're really not even competing in the same market, once you've seen the brightness of the iPhones and even other, higher level, androids, it's hard to be impressed by the LG. With that said, it's not a "bad" screen per se, and it probably won't even bother you.

Overall decent phone for android price range

• Call Quality:

Good basic starter android phone....

from Florida

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I used this phone for about eight months and it held up very well for the most part. I am going to be straight with you, while it is an android phone it is an older model and because of that it does not support any of the newer android os updates. But for a pretty solid, relatively cheap first smart phone it is a pretty good deal.

Battery Life
For the first seven months I used it the battery life was pretty good, better than some by far.

Display/Screen Quality
I was very impressed with the brightness of the display and the great quality.

Call Quality
Up until it got soaked in a summer rain storm the call quality was great.

It was easy to use and didn't take long at all for me to pick up how exactly to use it.

It survived several falls in the warehouse where I worked before it finally got damaged flying off the loading dock.

Its slim and sleek. Not too fancy or bulky. It was nice to have a full touchscreen phone. I did not miss the keyboard nearly as much as I thought I would. I did miss the flash though.

An average phone

Comments about LG Smartphone:

The phone is good for casual phone users. But if you happen to use your phone a lot, then choose something else. Doesn't have a lot of internal memory storage so I constantly have to delete all internet and search history and all text messages. Can hardly ever update apps because then once again I am out of memory on it.

Call Quality
Never had problem with calls

Very easy to use

It has survived being dropped multiple times and my son drooling all over it