Other Smartphones:

LG Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

The best Virgin Mobile phone I have tried so far....

This is really a great phone! I have been a Virgin Mobile Customer for a couple of years and tried just about all their phones, but always return back to my faithful problem free LG Optimus V. I even bought a second one when they were half off at Christmas time. If you want a well built problem free phone that is a smart phone then this is truly a great phone.

If you download a lot of apps you have to move the ones you can to the SD Card or you do run out of room. VM puts a lot of programs on the phone I never used and they don't let you uninstall them... which is stupid.

Battery Life
The battery life is pretty good. I just got into the habit of charging mine every night and it stayed charged all day long. If I wasn't using the phone because I was trying one of VM's new phones I was shocked how long the battery held a charge when I wasn't using it....it holds a charge in standby for a long time.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is very good, but small at 3.2". The small screen is the only reason I keep trying the new phones that come out. So far not one of the new phones with a larger screen has been a good enough phone to keep me from returning back to my LG Optimus V.

Call Quality
The call quality is very good. I have a friend who is hard of hearing. She hears me fine on my Optimus V and when I switch to a different phone I never tell her. I talk to her everyday and when she asks what is wrong with my phone and complains she can't understand me I know I have to switch back to my Optimus V..

The phone is very easy to use and the only thing I had to watch out for is when the internal phone memory gets close to full the phone will drop off calls until I clear out some space.

I put a screen protector on my phone and tried the hard and Gel Cases. I ended up not using a case and usually have my phone in my pocket and it still looks brand new.

The biggest complaint I have is the camera doesn't have a flash and the pictures are not that great.

It would bring me joy to destroy it with my bare hands.

I purchased this phone last year when I switched to Virgin Mobile. I was super excited since it had great reviews on most of the websites I visited. I am one who does a LOT of homework before purchasing even the smallest of items. When I got my phone I was slightly disappointed with it's appearance - it looked 'elementary' to me. Like it should almost be a play-phone. I like more angular things versus rounded edges. The appearance was no big deal since I was looking for function. It worked for me until I started using it regularly, which was the day after I received it. This phone shuts down all by itself weekly. I have to restart it several times a day because it freezes up on me. It also does not ring when I get a phone call about 40% of the time. I don't run any crazy games or programs. I have a bare minimum of applications installed (most of the apps I try to use end up freezing out my phone so I end up uninstalling them within a few days). The battery life is decent if you have a power save app. The camera is ho-hum. Mostly I really don't like the spontaneous way it freezes up...sometimes while it's even ringing it just shuts off or freezes. These are too popular anymore anyway, but even if you bought it used I would say save your money for something better.

Reliable, durable, and long lasting smartphone!!!

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I remember getting this smartphone as a gift a few years ago, and it has held up ever since! It remains my favorite phone to this day. Its durable, fast, and has amazingly unique features! I would reccommend it to all my friends and anyone else looking to buy a smartphone!

It would be an exceptional phone for anyone looking to buy a smartphone for the first time. It's relativly simple and easy to use, and does not have as much of the complicated mumbo jumbo that most phones have on them today. Even my older parents found it easy to navigate!! I was intrigued by how easy it was for them to use!!! I ended up getting them one down the road as a gift, and they love it!

Battery life tends to run down fast, but that can be easily solved by turning off all wireless (bluetooth and internet) connections. I found that turning this off saved my battery by at least sixty percent. The percentage of change was astounding.

• Call Quality:

big phone in a little package

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I used this phone for almost three years. Aside from a few limitations it is a very good phone. I used the sprint provider version that ran on android gingerbread.

Battery Life
This phone has excellent battery life. I have used it to watch videos and play games for years. It seems like you would get at least five or six hours of battery life watching videos and playing games. Standby time will last you well over a day if you are just using it to call and text.

Display/Screen Quality
The screen is kind of small and it does have an acrylic screen which scratches easy. The actual picture quality is not that bad although compared to higher end products it is a little inferior.

Call Quality
This phone has pretty good call quality and I never had a problem with dropped calls or missed texts. The speaker is not that loud so speaker phone may not be a good option in a loud enviroment.

This phone is very easy to use if you are familiar with the android operating system. It does run on android gingerbread which is a very common operating system.

Durability is definitely one of this phones good qualities. I have literally beat my phone up over the last couple years and it has never stopped working. I still use it as a sort of mp3 player because it has all my music on it. I drop it at least a couple times a week with no case and it still works great.

This phone a basic design. It is not flashy or really sleek looking but it is very functional. It does have a dedicated camera button which i do like.

Hate this phone!

from Bangor, PA

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This phone was great when I first bought it about two years ago but then it started to over heat and that killed the battery super fast. It got so bad that my battery would no longer hold a charge for more that fifteen minutes. I ended up buying a new battery about a month ago and so far it's fine but the phone itself it horrible. The phone memory is very limited. I bought a 32 gig memory card not realizing that it's not compatible with the phone. You can only have up to 2 gigs of memory and most apps don't save to the memory card so it's kind of pointless. The best use for this phone is calling and texting. That's all. Apps are pointless. Also, the camera is only 3.2 mp with no flash. A lot of my pictures are blurry and dark.

Battery Life
The battery doesn't even last for a full day. I charge my battery in the morning and by 6 or 7pm, it needs to be recharged again and that's mostly idle time.

The display is great.

Call Quality
The call quality is good.

Very easy to use.

The phone is very durable.

The design is nice.

• Call Quality:

One of the best phones I have ever owned!

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about LG Smartphone:

I absolutely loved my LG Optimus V phone! My service was through Virgin Mobile, and during the time I owned it, I never had a problem with it once. In fact, I even dropped it in water once and it still worked after I gave it about a week of sitting in a bag with rice to absorb the moisture, and the only reason I don't own it any more is because it was stolen. Otherwise I would still be using it today.

I loved almost everything about this phone. The display was the perfect size for me and it was crystal clear. The phone wasn't too heavy or bulky, which is important for me for when I needed to be holding it up to my ear for long periods of time It was super easy to navigate through the menus. It is an android phone so of course you have access to all of the android apps through the Google Play store, which is very easy to use as well. The speakers were nice and clear, and everyone I talked to said my voice came in clear on the other end of the line also. The volume of the ringer also was good. In fact, the only bad thing was how quickly the battery died when using apps or talking on the phone, but that is pretty common with smart phones so it wasn't too big of a deal for me. I would absolutely recommend this phone.

• Call Quality:

Optimus V is a good phone

from Reston, VA

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This is my first smartphone. My only other experience was with my husband's iphone. This was also my first android based device and overall it was fairly intuitive. I was able to figure it all out without too much trouble or checking the manual. The screen is responsive and I like having a few buttons - options, home, back, search - instead of just a touchscreen. The battery life is okay. The first week or so my battery was dying before the day was over. I ended up turning off background data, wifi and gps and that improved the battery life dramatically. Wifi and GPS i don't really need. The downside of turning off background data is nothing automatically updates (apps, mail). My biggest problem with this has been there are a lot of virgin mobile preloaded apps that cannot be deleted or moved to the memory card without jailbreaking it. Rather annoying. But I've had this phone for a year and a half now and I have dropped it multiple times and the phone still works and nothing is cracked, etc. So, pretty durable. My only other gripe is sometimes when I answer the phone the other person cannot hear me but I can hear them. Not sure if its the phone or VM network, but I honestly don't use it to talk much, more for texting and checking email, etc. So I can live with it til I get a new phone. And it only happens about 5% of the time.

• Call Quality:

It would bring me joy to destroy it with my bare hands.

from Kingston, WA

• Call Quality:

Great phone for the price

Comments about LG Smartphone:

Had this phone for almost a year, it's a great starter phone for the smartphone newbie, it's durable as I've dropped it (soft surfaces) and it's fine and it allows for wifi, google voice doubles as a GPS with the google map with voice feature. Web, texting, apps, it's got it all. The only thing you should watch for is the memory, if it's near full, the phone will freeze.

Battery Life
Great as long as you don't leave the GPS satellite feature on

Easy to read

Call Quality
No problems with it. Works great on speaker and headphones.

Easy to use

Plastic screen so no cracking

Looks more expensive than it is. Easy to use

• Call Quality:

Great starter level affordable Android phone.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This phone is an excellent starter level android phone for someone getting started into the world of smart phones. Its affordable and easy to use and has a lot of capabilities. It isn't as fast or as slick as all of the new phones out there, however. It is the predecessor to the Optimus Elite which is only a little more expensive, and probably more worth looking into.

Battery Life
Sometimes in areas with hard to find 3g, the battery gets drained fast when the phone is trying its best to find a signal.

Display/Screen Quality
It isnt as crisp or as large as other screens, but it is nice enough.

Call quality is decent.

You can do a lot of things with this phone, and the learning curve is not very long at all.

The phone is built sturdily and wont require a hard shell case.

Its not as sleek as newer phones but it is alright looking. Ive gotten complimented on it before.

• Call Quality:

Fabulous, affordable, dependable, smart phone.

Comments about LG Smartphone:

Before this phone, I used to have the lg Rumor Touch, which had glitches: it froze all the time, would sometimes take days to send/receive messages, and did not have good battery life or any apps since it was not a smart phone.

Battery Life
It lasts through a day without charging but I do need to charge it every night.

Amazing Quality.

Call Quality
I can hear all calls very clearly.

It had a bit of a learning curve since I wasn't used to androids and I had no idea how to download apps but now (a few months later) it is very easy to use.

I dropped it yesterday and still no scratches or cracks.

I love the design of my phone, I think it is so cute.

A basic sturdy phone.

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about LG Smartphone:

This phone really is pretty good. It easy to use, no need to read that instruction manual! On virgin mobile it ha great 3G signal, even in rural areas! It's great to know that it is reliable and has enough of a signal in rural areas to call and surf the web. The touchscreen is ok not the best quality but it is very strong! It can last through many a drops. (I know from experience) The camera is not the best (doesn't even have flash) so at 3.2 megapixels it's a beginners camera with basic zoom, color choices, lighting options an focusing. The operating system is amazing though it freezes from time to time due to its very tiny inner phone storage space! Especially if you are an "appy" person and like to fill your home screen with apps you will Definitly be limited . Also it brings a 2gb sd card, which can hold much but not a lot especially when u combine pictures videos music and all those apps you want to customize your phone with! But in the end android is a great operating system it lets u choose from a huge variety of apps you can basically customize ANYTHING you want on the LG Optimus V .

Battery Life
Well battery life, is longer than normalif you have your Bluetooth off, your gps,your Internet off and running apps are closed. It can last a whole day of you don't use all that. Watch out for all the things running in your background it can Definitly drain your battery.

Display/Screen Quality
Built for more sturdiness then high resolution.

Call Quality
The network is pretty good, but they have unexpected updates which can leave you without signal for days. Other than that you can get 3G signal in rural areas and call.

You won't need that instruction manual.

It can survive through many drops

It is not very light but it fits in your hands pretty comfortably.