3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Coolest phone I've ever owned.

I've really, really been wanting a smartphone.  Iphone, Droid, UTC, Blackberry, Microsoft, it doesn't matter.  I want a cool phone with internet connection.  Unfortunately, these are so expensive.  The phones are costly, but when you add on the tremendous monthly cost of such plans, well, I just had to give up that dream.

But when I earned enough credit for a new phone I went in and checked out the new LG Rumor Touch.  My wife and I had already decided to add texting to our plan so it worked out to look at a phone with easier texting abilities.

Yes, we are just adding texting.  While the whole world has been texting for years I've been fighting the trend.  Mostly because I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for that other feature.  But the current of culture was against me and I finally gave in.  Usually, I just use my phone for calling.  I'm not on it very much and I don't have any need for internet (thought I really want it).  So simply phones always work for me, even if they aren't what I want.

Well, this phone is as close to cool as I'll ever get I'm sure.  But it is pretty cool.  It has a touch screen, which I'm still getting used to.  It also has a slide out texting keyboard.  I like this because it places the letters in a way that I am familiar with.

I'm still learning some of the finer points of this phone but here are the features I like.  It has a great selection of ring tones.  The keyboard is nice.  And it has a bubble function, it shows you the first few words of each text message, touch the bubble and it expands to the whole message.  When you turn the phone sideways the screen adjusts so that it is still oriented for proper use.

I'm very happy with this phone.  I don't use it for internet, but I could add internet to my plan and still use this phone if I wanted.  It has a big enough screen that would make it a pretty good phone for that.

Cool but has some quirks

Today I am reviewing my new cell phone, the LG Rumor Touch.  For the most part, I like this phone.  I needed something other than my classic, flip phone (which was also an awesome LG) to text when I started dating my boyfriend.  It was his preferred way to communicate.  After a few months of hardcore texting, my keypad started to malfunction.  On top of that, I was beginning to see the extreme convenience of mobile internet, (which is much better than hauling around and powering up a large laptop just to check facebook).  My choice of service provider was my main cause for picking this phone, as they had a small selection for the plan I wanted.  I saw this phone, and loved how it had the qwerty keyboard and the nice big screen (plus it's touch! but you don't have to touch if you don't want to).  Between these things, the media player, and other apps that came standard on it, I was sold.  However, there are some things that could be improved on (though some of these may be the service provider's fault):  First off, I wish there were more apps written for the phone.  Everyone focuses on iPhone, blackberry, or android, so why not LG?  Second, the battery doesn't last long when used extensively.  A heavy amount of web browing or watching youtube for only a couple of hours will drain the battery quickly.  Otherwise, when on standby, the battery life is great!  A very annoying problem is that the phone times out after sending a few tms in a row.  It doesn't have very good reception (even when in the city).  There are some features, such as the mp3 player, that I still can't quite figure out.  Standby cuts in too quickly.  I'm aware you can change it, but I have it on the highest setting (short of off), and it's still too quick.  All in all, it's not bad, and much better than what I had, but I will do more shopping next time I purchase a phone.

A great alternative to a smartphone

from Belleville, IL

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

The LG rumor is a top of the line cell phone for those who don't want or can't afford a smartphone. The touchscreen is fairly large and easy to read. It has many tools such as a calendar, multiple calculators, and an alarm clock. This phone is very easy to use, from calling people to using the internet, even cell phone beginners can pick up on it pretty quickly. It also has a slide out qwerty keyboard for easy texting and typing when searching the web. It is also slightly heavier than other phones which makes it more durable. Overall, this phone is a great option for those who don't need a smartphone. It's easy to use, looks good, and the battery holds a charge for a long time.

Pretty siffy phone

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

This phone is pretty good for the money. If you want to have a real keyboard for texting this is a good phone. It takes some use to get the hang of it. I would not say it was easy right out of the box. But overall I liked it.

Voice Quality
I think the voice quality is above average.

Lasting Phone!

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

This phone has been so good to me so far. I have had it for about 18 months now. The battery has seemed to give up at certain points, so about four month ago I went ahead and bought another battery. I turned off my phone for a few minutes and then after turning it back on, I decided to see how the original battery lasted before installing the new one. The original did great! Thats all I really had to do was to turn off my phone completely every now and then. I love the sliding of the voice and the complete keyboard (I had had a flip phone previously). This makes texting so much easier. My only concern is when the main screen gets scratched easier. My screen has many minor scratches but the phone itself has lasted a while. The camera takes great pics and I have never had a problem sending a pic. Sometimes I have difficulty receiving pictures from certain peoples' phones but that their phone service's problem. I love the sound and other phone settings with this phone. Unique and fun.

• Battery Life:

Okay for a first time Touch screen user

from Florida

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

I had the LG Rumor Touch through Virgin Mobile a few phones back, and overall it wasn't a horrible experience but it also wasn't a fantastic one either. I was tired of the basic bar phone I had and wanted something that had a few more features when I saw the LG Rumor Touch so I purchased it.

The touch screen was iffy at best. Sometimes it worked well and sometimes it didn't, this got annoying and I ended up using the keypad for most everything other then dialing numbers which was one of few things the touch screen did well. Other problems I had with the phone were the ringer volume, it was either too loud or too quiet, never right. And the internet was laggy, I am not entirely sure if this was a phone defect or because of my carrier, but I have never had as many issues with mobile internet as I did when using this phone.

It was sturdy though, I have a habit of dropping my phone and this phone held up well to many many drops while I was using it. It didn't scratch as easily as other phones I have had either.

In the long run, I think this phone would be best for a younger teen who needs something durable as a first phone.

• Battery Life:

a basic java powered cell phone with a good keyboard

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

The rumor touch is sliding keyboard phone with a resistive touch screen of 3 inches. I had bought this phone about 4 years ago and was not impressed but for did have some cool stuff on it for not being an android. The interface is not very well designed with list rather than icons and isn't very customizable. The 2 mega pixel camera is alright for a feature phone and has some cool editing options. The keyboard works great and even has an extra row for numbers which is even more convient. The internet browser is very poor but works for decent things like Facebook and Google search but no flash plugin. One cool feature is a little interface screen for text messaging that can create groups with different avatars to customize. Overall this phone is decent and the calling on it is pretty clear and the address book can hold 600 entries. For a standard feature phone it does what its supposed to and a little more.

• Battery Life:

It's a strong, but problemaatic product at times.

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

The durability kind of throws it off for me. I had this phone for over four years and that's probability why it shown sides of wear. It's a strong phone if you so happen to drop it and great battery life. Watch those keyboards and don't get water on it. Make sure you don't accidentally call a number because of it's sensitivity it would do just that.

Works just as good as any phone.

Voice is average

Battery Life
If you're not playing games of using it often, then it could last up to a few weeks.

My keyboards have stopped working over the years and sometimes the screen is so sensitive that I'll make a call without knowing

Easy to use for simple tasks

Hard cover design and details

Keep In Touch with Class

from Detroit, MI

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

The LG Rumor Touch is one of the best smart phone on the market. It is very light weight and have a nice fill to the hand when holding.

The Qwerty keyboard pad is just right for all those fast finger texters or you can seen a text message without using the qwerty keyboard. Your Choice!!!

I love the touch screen. It is just the right size. You can lightly touch touch it with your finger or the accompanying Stylus.

I love checking email and my messages with my new smart phone. It is a whiz and so much fun. If I am not checking email, I am getting checking the weather or using my GPS function to get directions or playing games to kill time.
The camera and the camcorder is great. I used it immediately to take pictures and movies. I am a dummy with cameras, but my pictures and slide show came out so well I was thinking of changing my line of work.

The cell phone with all accessories was such a good price I was glad I made the Purchase.

The performance of my phone is just great. My connection speed is great.

Voice Quality
The voice quality is excellent. I mainly use the speaker phone because of my hand disability. I have no complaints from anybody about not being able to hear me and I have no complaints of being able to hear my callers or my voice mail.

Battery Life
I only charge my phone when I think about it. (i.e. every three or four days).

So far so good. I have only had it a few months and nothing has gone wrong with the equipment.

I am one of the "dummies" when it comes to new technology. I was able to use it right out of the box.

I think it is well designed. I love the look. The moment I laid eyes on it I knew I had to have it.

Could be better...

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

The phone overall is decent if you are looking for a good texting phone that isn't a smart phone. My main complaint is that the buttons on the phone are very small and so texting is very slow. Also everyone in my family has this phone, and all 4 of our phones take forever to load anything. Another problem is the back of the phone comes off very easily if dropped.

• Battery Life:

I really enjoy this phone and takes great pictures

from Walled Lake, MI

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

I had a purple and now I have the blue. I've used the phone for over 2 1.2 years and I'm very pleased

I did crack the screen on my old one and when my contract was, decided it was the best phone for me and went with another color the second time.

The battery last very long and charges very fast.

The picture quality is wonderful and I love a full size keyboard for texting.

I sync through my car radio and everything works just great.

The phone does everything I need it to do

Voice Quality
I'm not sure if it's me or the phone, but I have a hard time some of the time understanding what people are saying.

Battery Life
Lasts a long time and charges fast

Bounces back!

Easy to use even if you never use the book

perfect

I have had this phone for 10 months and it has not failed me

from Trenton, FL

Comments about LG - Rumor Touch Cell Phone:

I have had this particular cell phone for 10 months through Sprint. It is fun, reliable, easy to use, and has not failed me once. The touch options are not required for most everything you do on the cell. You may use the buttons as alternate. So, in case the touch screen fails, you are not actually locked out of your phone and still will be able to use most of the functions as far as i can tell. I do not use for internet, only text messaging, pictures and voice calls. Also, i love the fact that a data plan is not required for this phone but can be added.