3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Battery Life:

Pretty much impressive, but missing a couple of basic features.

I have had the LG Rumor 2 for a couple of months now and have been mostly impressed with it.  The first things I noticed were the reasonable price (through Sprint) and the long battery life - with regular phone use it can go for 3-4 days before it even loses a battery bar.  If you use the navigation it can drain the battery much quicker, but that's the only time I have noticed any problem.

I like the way it looks and is set up, I got the orange one and attached the optional back panel that was included that has a cool design on it.  The volume buttons, camera button and menu button are all placed well, as well as the memory card slot, earpiece jack and charging/usb port.  I like that the covers to these slots are not removable from the phone so that they don't get lost.

The qwerty keyboard is on a slide out panel and is easy to use and lit up as well.  When you slide the keyboard out the screen automatically switches to landscape mode and the buttons on the side of the phone are in easy reach to use.  The keyboard slides out easily with push of your thumb, however, it never opens when you don't expect to.  The keyboard provides all the letters, numbers and symbols without having to go into a separate menu to change the text mode.  I also like that you can turn on/off all the options like word prediction or word completion.  I like to turn these options off, with the complete qwerty keyboard it is almost easier to use with these options turned off.  While using the slide out keyboard, I like that it is possible to still use the buttons on the front of the phone to go to the menu or whatever.

A couple of the features that I was surprised that this phone doesn't have is a flash for the camera and video capapbility.  My previous phone, which was a much more basic phone, had both of these features and I got quite used to having them.  I was disappointed that this phone didn't have a flash for the camera or video.  In good lighting the camera is ok, and I do like that you can save the pics to the memory card for easy upload to your computer.

The screen is a decent size and shows pictures ok, but I haven't figured out why when I am on the internet I can only scroll up or down and not side to side.  If part of the website is too wide to read, I am not able to scroll side to side to see it.

Another thing I wish were better was the call history storage.  It only stores a handful of calls at a time, and kicks out older calls after a couple of days.  I prefer it when all my calls are stored in case I need to go to an older call to dial or retrieve a phone number.  I have looked for a setting to change this, but can't find anything.

The media player is cool, but the speaker on my old phone sounded better with the sound quality.  I don't expect any phone to have a great speaker, but I did notice that the song style ringtones don't sound nearly as good on this phone.  But when it comes to the media player, it is cool that you can put songs on your memory card and play them.  It even has the repeat and shuffle option and shows all the titles in a easy to use format.  I wish that since it does have media player that it also had a regular headphone jack instead of the small earpiece jack like all phones.  I'm sure I can find headphones with the smaller plug, but it would be nice to grab my regular headphones and plug it in to hear the music.  I don't know yet if the music sounds better through the headphones than through the phone speaker.

Speaking of speaker though, it does have an easy to use speaker phone.  There is a speaker phone button right on the front of the phone that you can push at anytime to switch to speaker mode.  The speaker phone is loud enough to be useful and is great when you get put on hold and don't feel like holding the phone the entire time.

It's a good sturdy phone with all the little perks of the slide out qwerty keyboard, memory card slot, easy speakerphone and easy to use menus and well located buttons.  And the battery life is fabulous during regular use, plug it in to your car charger when using navigation though!  I do wish it had video capabilities and a camera flash like my old phone as well as a regular headphone jack to go with the media player.  I also wish the call history didn't erase my calls.  But for the price it is a great phone.  I have enjoyed it so far and can work around its missing features.

Better Phones out there

When I intially purchased this cell phone (ok, got it free with my phone plan...), I thought it was cute & stylish.  I loved the full QWERTY keyboard, along with all of the smileys that are built into the phone.  But, as I began really using it, all of the features that aren't available really started to become apparent.  Unfortunately, it was too late to exchange the phone.

Call quality is fair to average.  I often have times where I can't hear the person on the other line, or they can't hear me (not sure if it's my phone that's the issue, the other person's phone or tower issues).

Texting is quite easy, and the keyboard is just the right size- not too big and not too small.  I like that there is a key lock on the phone, so that even if a button is hit in my purse, it doesn't register on the phone.

Emailing is hit or miss- if you don't have a good signal, it won't automatically update, and it won't try again unless you tell it to.  I've been able to get emails through on my yahoo account, but have been unsuccessful trying to link my hotmail account to the phone.

Internet is slow on the phone, and it's definitely not pretty.  It's only usable if the website is formatted to be viewed mobily.  But it's there at least.  I am able to check facebook, weather, news, etc.  Beyond that, internet on the phone is spotty.

The camera is basic.  It is not enabled to take videos (I was a bit shocked when I realized this), and I have not figured out a way to successfully view videos as well.

Overall, this phone may work as a starter phone for somebody.  But I will not purchase this phone again.

Indestructible

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I have gone through a lot of phones but this one stood out because it never broke, trying everything it never broke, this phone is indestructible, its almost nearly impossible to break it. The keypad is really small, kinda hard to text.

It did its job with phone calls and texting. Loved the keyboard at first

Voice Quality
Voices were clear in some places but I think that was due to the signal. Easy to talk on.

Battery Life
The battery life was pretty good, but then again it was like dealing with a brick

This phone will not break. Its hard covering keeps it from ccracking or anything. I dropped it while at busch gardens and there was not a scratch on it, perfect phone for rowdy teens lol

Very easy to use

I loved the design at first because it was the latest thing to have a phone with a keyboard. But with time just like everything, it began to become out of date, can not download apps also , kind of boring.

Really good and durable.

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

This was one of the first phones I had and it was really good. I did a lot of texting so they keyboard came in handy. The second selection buttons on the side are also very handy and make the phone a lot easier to use than the first rumor was.

The phone was a little slow especially with internet and downloads. There wasn't a lot to do on it other than games and texting but the games made the phone really slow. Sometimes it would just go black and I would have to take the battery out. You can personalize it pretty easily, you can change the background, the colors of text and menus, and a lot of other things.

Voice Quality
Quality is good. You can hear people well and there isn't really any static.

Battery Life
I would use it all the time and I only every had to charge it every couple of days. I texted most of the day and made a lot of calls and still, it almost never died.

A very durable phone for sure! I dropped it countless times, stepped on it, dropped things on it, and what finally brought it down was water.

The rumor two doesn't really have a lot of features so there isn't a lot of things to figure out about it but what it does have is very easy to figure out even without reading the little book.

I like the design a lot. A great improvement over the first rumor. The buttons on the side above the key board make texting a lot easier because they are also the send buttons. The charger port is also on the bottom which makes using it while charging super easy!

Phone keeps Ticking but the Battery is Terrible

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

This is a good phone for someone who isn't technologically savvy or someone who wants to avoid a smartphone. It's in a fairly good price range with comparable phones and it has a slide out qwerty keyboard that makes it easy to type up notes or text messages. Basic internet searching, nothing spectacular and don't expect it to recognize everything on a webpage or display it properly. That being said, the battery life is horrendous. I had two rumor 2 phones and both had the battery die out on them within months on each other. Now neither battery will take a full charge and will last 15 minutes on a call. I'd like to believe that I just had a fault battery but both phone were charged differently and they both met the same fate so I very much doubt that.

When it works, pretty good.

Good voice quality

Horrendous stay away.

The actual phone is very durable, the battery not so much.

Easy.

Fairly good for what it's for.

• Battery Life:

Very good phone for the price.

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

Nice phone, camera works quite well, love the Qwerty slide-out keyboard & capability to add photos to text. Impressive for an older unit.

For the things that I use, it works quite well

Standard

Battery Life
Keep it charging & use it only when needed, so I can not really say

Strong & sturdy

Technical, but no more so than higher-end phones

Stylish, sturdy & compact

• Battery Life:

This phone had tech problems from the begining

from Houston, TX

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

While the plan is cheap, the phones are poorly made and don't measure up to the promised service.  Buy another phone and hurry because this one will eventually give you a real headache.  This was the second of tow LG phones, the other one did not have a camera feature, but the technical specifications again disallowed saving ring tones and addresses transfered from the other LG phone.  More problems and worse, bad service.

It's reliable

from Duncan, SC

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I am disabled and a cell phone is invaluable to me.It's great to stay in touch with my family..We are on the family plan and that is a great money saver.we are big fans of our local high school football team.My husband takes it to games and keeps me updated on the score.We also have 2 granddaughters who compete in band contest and then in winter guard.I get regular reports on how they are doing.We use our cell nearly everyday.

It's okay

from Williamstown, KY

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I guess I could say it has been a good phone. It has it days. Doesn't everything. Overall I am pretty happy for it for the most part. Not only do I have this product but so does my husband and my mother-n-law. They have also been pretty happy with theres. I guess it's a family thing. I suggest always researching a product before purchasing it. Make sure for good reviews. When you purchase an item your definitly want you moneys worth.

Need's Better services

from Cardwell, MO

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I only got my phone in case something bad happen's but the town i live in can not get good services . I don't live in the city so i guess thats why . I can't send pics or text I would have to go to a bigger city which i do hate. And you have to buy a batter after so long. so to me I think they need to make better batters. I do like that I can take pics just wish I could send them and they came out better then what they do. i have not fount to many place where it makes the pic come out good. and I have tryed online and off.

Great for the technologically impaired!

from Olympia, WA

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I bought these for my daughter and myself. The setup of the phone, with the slide out keyboard was simple enough for me to be able to make calls and text without a teenagers help. I am severely allergic to all this "newfangled technology" stuff. The only problem I had with it was the screen is very small, and my camera kept going in and out of some overexposed picture taking mode.

Cute for the texter in training

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about LG Rumor Cell Phone:

I like this phone. I think however it's more for someone's teenager. It's tiny keyboard did not work for me and the screen was too small for me. When surfing the web, the screen would not show the full web page and when visiting youtube I was not ableto view all the videos. Apparently this phone is not compatible to view all the videos that are uploaded to youtube...depends on the format they are uploaded.

Overall for the price it's ok, it serves it's purpose for the avid texter.