Other Washing Machines:
Front Load Washers
LG
WM2250CW
LG Front Load Washer

Summary

3.6 cu. ft. extra Large capacity with neverustTM stainless steel drum Direct drive motor with 10-year Limited Warranty 1,200 rpm 7 Washing programs 5 Temperature settings (all cold rinses) Upfront electronic control panel with dual Led display and dial-a-cycleTM Silver spray rimmed glass door Stackable with matching dryer (stacking Kit sold separately) Optional matching drawer pedestal ColdWashTM option 6motionTM Technology SmartdiagnosisTM TrueBalanceTM anti-vibration system magnet ventilation Energy sTar most efficient 2012 LodecibelTM Quiet operation SensecleanTM Delay Wash (Up to 19 Hours) 10 TilTubTM

Pros

Cons

Excellent washer!

I bought this LG washer when my old washing machine broke down and LG was highly recommended by a couple of my friends. As with all the purchases that I make, I went online and compared features of different models along with prices and zeroed in on this particular model. I have had this machine for a couple of months now and I am completely satisfied with it. I love all of the features: The eco wash, the speed wash, the clean cycle and being able to choose the soil level. My sister was amazed to see this feature as she has children who bring home a lot of dirty soccer laundry. Another thing that caught my attention was that this washer is very quiet compared to my old model.
I noticed this model has a very high rating and it lives up to the rating. My shirt collars that I have been washing for years are noticeably whiter than they were before. I used to pre-treat and scrub the collars and cuffs before but my old washer just couldn't get rid of the dirt. After one washing in this washer, and no pre-treating or scrubbing, the white was no longer "dingy white." I have been very happy with my LG washer and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is perfect value-for-money.
p.s: I even love the little tunes it plays! :)

Don't buy it

I was so excited to get this washing machine. i had heard great things about the LG Front Load Washer and couldn't wait to get my clothes in there. In the beginning I loved this machine; it cleaned my clothes well and I loved the alarm when clothes were done. However that love soon faded to HATE. This machine is such a pain to keep clean; after washing clothes you have to leave the door open so that mold doesn't grow inside. My washing machine is located in a hall closet; which means the door is left open and you can't hardly walk around it. Then you have to drain the water at least twice a week or this funky smell begins to take over your home. THe last thing you must do is take a towel to the inside rim to clean out all of the mold and mildew that has formed on the rubber lip. It's discusting and I would not reccomend it.

Energy Efficiency
It does save some money on energy but I would not say enough to deal with the cleaning.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is average; nothing too speedy here.

The washer does clean; but only if you keep the washer clean itself.

There are a lot of bells and wistles on this machine; but you don't really need them all.

THe machine looks pretty on the outside.

So far so good; just a lot of maintenence.

from Mobile, AL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I love my LG Front Load washer. It has not failed to clean my clothes. It uses less water than the old top loader but it cleans. I leave the door open after washing and it doesn't have an odor. I do run a bleach cycle once a month with nothing in it to maintain the clean fresh smell. My clothes do appear to be cleaner and not tied in knots when I remove them to put them in the dryer. I would recommend the LG front load washer.

Awsome mighty machine

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

On our second set after 10 years of no problems at all I waned the steam option and graphite color.

Tide Pods they are the cure for musty smelling machines. It is not the washers fault everyone over soaps. As far as liquid softeners they should not be sold. I have refurbished many broken machines it is all detergent related. 1 tide pod in a extra large load is all it takes and Bounce dryer sheets. Also leave the door open when not in use any closed up wet area will stink mold and or rust. Common sense not the washers fault.

Only wish they sat a little taller.

10 years no problems.:)

• Cleaning Time:

The best washer I've ever had!

from Davie, FL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

My old clothes washer broke down last year, so I needed to find a new one to replace it. My friend told me I should get an LG Front Load Washer. My first reaction was "no" after looking at the price tag. However, I started using this washer at her house while I was searching for a new washer, and my mind changed. I love everything about it. It makes my clothes fresh and clean every time.

Energy Efficiency
This clothes washer is Energy Star trademarked, so it is definitely energy efficient. I have even noticed a slight decrease in my electric bill since I have bought this LG washer.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time on this machine is exceptional. I normally have four or five loads of laundry to do every Sunday, and I get it all done within about 1.5 hours.

Everything about this machine is great. I have no complaints.

Very easy to use. You just load the clothes into the washer, add the laundry detergent, press a button, and you're ready to go.

I really love the front-load design; it's perfect.

Very durable. No complaints.

LG FRONT LOAD WASHER - HIGH EFFICIENCY - ENERGY STAR

from San Diego, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Awarded the ENERGY STAR. Has a generous 4.0 cu. ft. capacity and extra wide door opening, anti-vibration, child lock, and 4-compartment dispenser drawer that makes it easy to separate the pre-wash detergent, the main laundry detergent, liquid bleach and fabric softener into different compartments. Very quiet operation with a wide variety of wash cycles. It has a Prewash, Rinse+Spin, Extra rinse, Delay wash, and ability to customize the wash cycle. Rated one of the top leading machines for durability. Washing in cold water cleans as well as the hot water. The speed cycle (15 minutes) is convenient when all you need is a quick wash for lightly soiled clothes or linens. The child lock can prevent children from changing cycles or operating the machine. I love this feature because the control panel is on the front of the machine. The motor is backed by a 10 year warranty. I would definitely buy an LG again.

• Cleaning Time:

LG front load washer, very good! Back saver.

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Love that it does not agitate the clothes. Do not like that I cannot presoak things or add to the washer if I forget an item. Also, have to leave the door open when it is not in use, or it gets a funny smell. Would still buy it again, tho.

Energy Efficiency
I have everything is the house energy efficient, so I don't really know how much the washer has helped, but it does weigh each load before it starts the cycle, and the time changes accordingly (except for the sanitary cycle.)

Cleaning Time
The sanitary cycle is 90 minutes, seems a bit of overkill.

Saves the clothes, because there is no agitator to beat them to death, while it cleans them.

Bought it because of the front loader, for my back, like the storage drawer underneath. Do not have to bend over to pull the clothes out.

LG Front Load Washer WM2250CW

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

My washer was on its last stand after 15 years of use and I finally had to give in and start looking for a new washer. I really wanted a front loading washer but they seemed really expensive. I found the LG Front Load washer on sale at one of the local stores, and I was pretty impressed with it before I even got it out of the store. I liked that it had cold wash technology and energy savings but I wondered if these things would really work. We got it home and hooked it up and I was ready to try it out. I tried the cold wash technology right away on some of my husband's dirtiest work clothes. All I can say is amazing! The clothes came out so clean and bright, no more having to worry about shrinking clothes! I love the front load and just how much laundry you can pile into this washer. I can put huge loads of laundry in it and it all comes out clean. This is a very efficient machine and seems to be standing up to the test of all my dirty laundry. Great price too, I would recommend this for anyone buying a new washer.

Holds a ton!!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have to say that I am extremely happy with my LG Front Load Washer. I purchased this as a pair, with the LG Steam Dryer. What I like best, is the large capacity. It will wash a King Comforter with no problem. I have never had a washer that was large enough to wash a King Comforter, and do a perfect job cleaning it!

This machine has a lot of different settings to match all of your needs. I haven't even begun to try all the different settings, but can tell that there are a lot of settings that will be very handy.

This machine doesn't use much water, and it will spin your clothes so fast that they will be almost dry when coming out. This is a great feature. Not only does it save water, but it also saves on drying time! I find that it is very energy efficient as well. An entire wash cycle is approx. 10 minutes.

The one thing that bothers me, is that I have to leave the front door open after using it. If you close it, it will get a really funny smell, and leave my clothes smelling funny as well. I prefer having a perfectly organized laundry room, and have the doors on my machines closed. Unfortunately I don't leave it closed anymore, but I have found that it doesn't have to wide open. It can be opened a crack, and not get that strange smell in it.

Overall, I think it's a wonderful washer. It is a little pricey, but over the long-run, it will pay for itself, with less electricity, less water, and less soap.

Cleaning Time
10 minutes or less per load!

Great Washer

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This is a really good washing machine. It gets clothes clean and does it in a very timely manner so that you can get lots of loads of laundry done each day.

Energy Efficiency
This is a pretty energy efficient washing machine. I haven't seen any kind of huge increase in my electric bill since getting it. And I use it quite often so it won't cost you a lot of money to run.

Cleaning Time
This machine washes clothes more quickly that the other washing machines on the market. It doesn't sacrifice cleaning either. It is quick and it gets the job done.

This washing machine performs very well. It gets all your clothes clean through in and through out. It also gets the job done very quickly.

This is such a very easy washing machine to use. My kids had no trouble mastering all the settings.

It's a great looking washing machine that will look great in whatever style house you live in.

I use this washing machine a lot and it still works just like it did on day one.

Great washer!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Great washer! Quiet and efficient. I like all the features, the settings, the display, the look, even the little song it plays when the cycle is complete. All the LG products we've used have been solid, including our cell phones. Great company. Thanks LG!

Energy Efficiency
This front-loader cleans better and more efficiently than the top loader we had before. The front-loader's tumbling action cleans better and more thoroughly. This one spins faster than our last one, so typically more water is extracted and drying time is reduced. Very quiet. Our energy bill has not changed since we upgraded.

That said, more than twice as many top-loaders were sold in the last 18 months, according to the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, a trade group. Among the best washers.

This HE model offers impressive cleaning, large capacity. Was the top-rated front-loader we looked at, excellent at washing, a recommended model.

Great Washer!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Upgraded from an old top-load to this HE front-load model. So impressed with the load capacity & cleaning ability. Typically can fit nearly a week's worth of clothes for 2 adults in one load. All clothes come out fresh & clean. We have 2 dogs and a cat, so there's no shortage of pet hair in our house. I'm constantly wiping hair off the door after each load, which shows that the washer is separating the hair from the clothes!

Cleaning Time
Depending on load size/soil level, the washer can take nearly an hour to wash. Understandable though, when you put in a large load of extremely dirty laundry.