Other Washing Machines:
Front Load Washers
LG
WM2250CW
LG Front Load Washer

Summary

3.6 cu. ft. extra Large capacity with neverustTM stainless steel drum Direct drive motor with 10-year Limited Warranty 1,200 rpm 7 Washing programs 5 Temperature settings (all cold rinses) Upfront electronic control panel with dual Led display and dial-a-cycleTM Silver spray rimmed glass door Stackable with matching dryer (stacking Kit sold separately) Optional matching drawer pedestal ColdWashTM option 6motionTM Technology SmartdiagnosisTM TrueBalanceTM anti-vibration system magnet ventilation Energy sTar most efficient 2012 LodecibelTM Quiet operation SensecleanTM Delay Wash (Up to 19 Hours) 10 TilTubTM

Excellent washer!

I bought this LG washer when my old washing machine broke down and LG was highly recommended by a couple of my friends. As with all the purchases that I make, I went online and compared features of different models along with prices and zeroed in on this particular model. I have had this machine for a couple of months now and I am completely satisfied with it. I love all of the features: The eco wash, the speed wash, the clean cycle and being able to choose the soil level. My sister was amazed to see this feature as she has children who bring home a lot of dirty soccer laundry. Another thing that caught my attention was that this washer is very quiet compared to my old model.
I noticed this model has a very high rating and it lives up to the rating. My shirt collars that I have been washing for years are noticeably whiter than they were before. I used to pre-treat and scrub the collars and cuffs before but my old washer just couldn't get rid of the dirt. After one washing in this washer, and no pre-treating or scrubbing, the white was no longer "dingy white." I have been very happy with my LG washer and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is perfect value-for-money.
p.s: I even love the little tunes it plays! :)

Don't buy it

I was so excited to get this washing machine. i had heard great things about the LG Front Load Washer and couldn't wait to get my clothes in there. In the beginning I loved this machine; it cleaned my clothes well and I loved the alarm when clothes were done. However that love soon faded to HATE. This machine is such a pain to keep clean; after washing clothes you have to leave the door open so that mold doesn't grow inside. My washing machine is located in a hall closet; which means the door is left open and you can't hardly walk around it. Then you have to drain the water at least twice a week or this funky smell begins to take over your home. THe last thing you must do is take a towel to the inside rim to clean out all of the mold and mildew that has formed on the rubber lip. It's discusting and I would not reccomend it.

Energy Efficiency
It does save some money on energy but I would not say enough to deal with the cleaning.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is average; nothing too speedy here.

The washer does clean; but only if you keep the washer clean itself.

There are a lot of bells and wistles on this machine; but you don't really need them all.

THe machine looks pretty on the outside.

So far so good; just a lot of maintenence.

bad

from france

About Me Occasional User

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Leaky
    • Long Cycle
    • Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Not a washer I would purchase ever again!

from PA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity

Cons

• IE constantly and takes hours to wash
      • Long Cycle
      • Noisy
      • Shakes/Moves

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have had this machine for about 7 years. The first 2 years were great. Now for the past few years, it will consistently stop working and say IE at least 2 to 3 times during a wash cycle. I have cleaned it out, read the book to fix it, went online, etc. Nothing seems to work. I am going back to the old school top loading machines. This one gives me anxiety with the amount of time I need to get up to press the button for it to start and continue the wash cycle.

A good thing, although not new.

from Northglenn

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I bought this a few years ago for my house. It is not one of the new and trendy washers, and not the most energy efficient, but it fits nicely in a small space.
          Cleans large loads pretty quickly. The design is very plain and simple. It does not have a modern look to it. It looks like the typical washing machine that you find at the laundromat.
          This machine is holding up very well after this 2 years. No problems what-so-ever!

A Great Wash Every Time

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I think this is a superb washing machine. I love that it isn't one of those noisy washing machines that are on the market. It is so quiet, which is great when you're washing clothes when the kids are asleep.

Energy Efficiency
          I haven't seen any kind of dramatic increase in my electric bill since purchasing this washing machine.

Cleaning Time
          This is a great washing machine when you consider that it doesn't take that much time at all compared to other washing machines. It doesn't take long at all to get a thorough cleaning.

my clothes always come out very clean. All stains and smells are gone after getting washed in this great washing machine.

I was worried about buying a new washing machine because they have changed so much since I bought my last one. But this washing machine was so easy to figure out that I didn't even need to look at the instruction manual.

This washing machine looks amazing. It looks really professional in my laundry room.

No problems whatsoever with the durability of my new washing machine.

Love this Washer

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Easy to use,easy on the clothes even sings when done

Cleaning Time
          Alittle longer than my old machine

Performs very well. Just put the detergent in the dispencer and press start

since my last washer was over 15 years old there was a slight learning curve, nothing too tough.

very sleek. no ugly dials, just buttons

• Cleaning Time:

Perfect for us tall people.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I was originally drawn to this machine because of its convenient height with the storage drawer option underneath. Being 6' 1", I usually hate front loading washers because they usually make laundry into a back-breaking chore for tall people. Our old machine was close to 30 years old and made horrible noises though, so it was time for a technically advanced modern upgrade. The drawer luckily makes laundry day tolerable though, plus it provides a little extra storage. Not much, but I have somewhere to put the dryer balls and dryer sheets. Unfortunately I have yet to find a way to childproof the drawer though. I'm very tired of picking up dryer sheets. My kids love the view of the spinning laundry through the clear door window though, which gives me valuable folding time. The machine settings are all easy to use and the LG Front Loading Washing Machine has a surprisingly large load capacity. Having a family of five, load capacity is key! Also, our utilities bill actually went down when we replaced our ugly old junker washing machine with this beauty so it's obviously very efficient (or at least it is compared to a 30-year-old top-loading monster).

Amazing!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I really find it very boring to do the laundry even when it is at an arm's reach. the product like LG Front Load Washer WM2250CW makes it much easier and creates a happy environment that let you do this job. It is super awesome, power packed washer that is a must to have in every household. This washer comes with a ten year limited Motor warranty that guarantees this machine to last long. The cold water cycle does the job. It saves electricity, is efficient and cleans the clothes inside out without taking a toll on the fabric. I use High efficiency laundry detergent and this machine needs less of it than required, that saves me money on detergent as well. The clothes come out super clean and fragrant after each cycle. Overall this washer works great without being heavy on your pocket. I do laundry only twice a month and that means a lot of clothes go in there and that too altogether but so far, I have had no problems. This is an amazing product from LG.

Great washing machine!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have this washing machine in my garage as a second washing machine, so I can do more loads of laundry at once and get it done quicker. It gets all of the clothes and laundry cleaned really well, and I don't have to use very much laundry detergent either. I also love how it is energy efficient. It has a very large bin in it, so you can easily wash large loads of clothes or towels, and it is very easy to fit a king size quilt or four to five pillows in it as well. It is also very quiet compared to other washing machines I have had in the past. I sometimes have to double check that it is even on because it is so quiet. This is by far the best washing machine I have ever owned, and I am very happy with it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that is looking for a new washing machine.

Very energy efficient.

It cleans everything really well, and is very quiet when it is on.

Very easy to use.

A Little Good, A Little Bad

from Dallas, TX

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

My feelings toward the LG Front Load Washer are mostly positive but probably falling more on the neutral side. I first got it at the recommendation of my in-laws who were desperately searching for ways to save water during a west Texas drought. There were strict water usage limitations, so this provided a great answer for them.
          In my overall efforts to be green and save money, I figured this would be a great solution.
          I love all of the wash cycle options, especially sanitize and whitest whites. The express cycle is great for a quick wash as well. Although, be warned that the heavier cycles take anywhere from two to three hours!
          The main feature that I didn't love was that the door needed to remain open in order to prevent mildew from accumulating. With previously owned top loading machines, I kept the lid open as well, but it did not impose on my laundry room space.
          Because I do not have a large laundry room, this door was constantly in my way or getting shut by people walking through...thus leading to a mildew smell. If I had a larger space, this probably would have worked well. So, my feelings are based more on my own space limitations than the machine itself.

from Mobile, AL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I love my LG Front Load washer. It has not failed to clean my clothes. It uses less water than the old top loader but it cleans. I leave the door open after washing and it doesn't have an odor. I do run a bleach cycle once a month with nothing in it to maintain the clean fresh smell. My clothes do appear to be cleaner and not tied in knots when I remove them to put them in the dryer. I would recommend the LG front load washer.