Other Washing Machines:
Models:
WM2350HWC, WM2350HRC
LG Front Load Washer

LG Front Load Washer

Pros

• Adjustable settings (4)
  • Clean clothes well (4)
  • Large capacity (3)
  • Quiet (3)

Cons

• Everyday clothes (5)
  • Bedding (4)
  • Delicate (3)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (3)

Another ok for a front loading washer.

I dislike the front loading appliances, I've said it with the front loading dryer and now I'm saying it with the front loading washer. I just don't like the front loading things. This washer is ok, it fits a standard sized load but not much else in my opinion.

Energy Efficiency
It does have the energy efficiency seal/label on it, so I do like that, we're always buying energy efficient things because we pay very high energy bills in the winter months.

Cleaning Time
It's a pretty standard time for washing I suppose. I know that you can have it on for shorter amounts of time for light cleans and everything, but with two kids one of which who is potty training, I need a deep clean for everything I throw in the wash.

If you don't pre-treat the clothes properly, you're not going to get THE best clean possible. If you don't use bleach, your whites aren't going to be as white. I dont' find the washer makes a huge difference since I pre-treat the clothes I need to be cleaner than others.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, instructions are there so you can better understand how to use the appliance and get the full effect of what it can do. I read the instructions, and for whatever reason, still had a lot of trouble using the washer. I don't know if it was just me over thinking it, but I had a lot of trouble. I guess I'm not as tech savvey as others.

I do like the design, but it's still a front loading washer and I don't like that. My kids seem to love sitting there watching the clothes wash away and the water churn and spin, but that's the only good thing about the design in my opinion.

I don't know how long front loading washers usually last, I'm sure that some people could have them for years and years while others only have them for a few years. Our old washer lasted us about five years, so we're hoping that this washer lasts longer than that.

The bleach dispenser dispenses immediately

The bleach dispenser dispenses immediately! I had another brand front loading machine with a bleach dispenser that worked on the same principal, although it actually worked. On the LG if you pour your bleach in slowly without even coming close to the "Max" Line and the bleach is immediately sucked up and applied to your clothing. It tries to dispense later but the cup is already empty. The depth of the syphon tube is too shallow, water left from the previous load is enough to cause the problem. Don't use the bleach dispenser. I believe if you shake the water out of the dispenser after every load the problem should go away. But who will remember to do that. I will delete or edit this review if they can provide me with a new Dispenser that has been redesigned. Also, the bleach should be on the clothes for a short time; since it dispenses immediately it is an hour before it is rinsed off.

This is a great washing machine.

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This is a great washing machine. LG is a reliable name for electronic products. It is a solid piece of machinery that gets the job done. The price is expensive as is to be expected of washing machines. The special features this washing machine has make up for the price. In addition this product is very durable. It seems to use little energy and is rumored to be better than other brands. The amount of time it takes to wash a load is very quick.

Energy Efficiency
It is quite energy efficient. It does not make a large dent on your electric bill.

Cleaning Time
This is a very quick machine. It requires very little time compared to some other machines.

This washing machine is very effective. The clothes always come out clean.

This product is very easy to use. It requires just a few buttons to learn.

This is a nice looking machine that takes a good space.

This is a very durable machine that should last for years as long as it is taken care of.

Great Washer

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I love this new LG front load washer that our local laundromat just got on base. It is amazing. After using it a few times at the laundromat for my much larger loads (ones that will not fit into my own small stack-able washer at home) I am considering up-grading my own set. I am able to fit an entire bedding set into this washer for one load,which includes two sheets, three pillow cases, and a comforter. I did some research online to find out more so I can make my decision and I am pretty sure I am going to get my own. It has cold water technology setting that allows you to efficiently clean your clothes using cold water just as good as using hot water but with half the energy cost. The machine is also very quite when in use. This washer features seven wash cycles, five spinning speeds, five soil levels, and five temperature options. It is also affordable compared to many of the front loading washer options on the market today.

Everything can be figured out quickly without use of manual.

Highly recommend

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This is one of my favorite brands on the market. I own several different LG products, like their LED televisions, and a few of their DVD players. It was an easy decision for me when I decided to buy this LG front load washer. I love everything about this washer! They had a good variety of colors to choose from, which to me, is a plus. It helps to ensure that all of your appliances match, if your as picky about that as I am. The washer works great! Its very easy to use, even with all of the settings you can use. Its great for light, and heavy loads of clothes too. It seemed like it took less time to run a wash cycle with this washer, than it did with my older "top load" washer. All in all, this is a great washer, and you cannot go wrong with anything LG.

Energy Efficiency
Saved more on my electric bill with this washer than the regular top load washer.

Cleaning Time
Much faster than my older top load washer.

Very easy to use, even with the multiple settings.

• Cleaning Time:

Best washing machine ever!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I bought this when I moved into a new house and I have been using it for a little more than a year. So far I am very satisfied and love this machine. First, the noise level is very low. It hardly bothers me when the machine is on normal cycle. I also like the washing options on this. You can go from very gentle to hard wash. I've tried it with various clothing and all cycles work very well and none of my clothes have been damaged. Most cycles take around thirty minutes to complete so it's quite fast. Also, you don't need to use a lot of detergent. I use it about twice a week and so far I never had any problems with this machine. It also fit well into the house and the design looks very sophisticated.

Energy Efficiency
The cleaning cycles are not long so the energy is saved.

Cleaning Time
Most cycles take about half an hour.

The performance is great! It works well with all sorts of clothing and cycles.

The machine is very easy to use and functional. All buttons are pretty many self-explained and not complicated.

The design is modern and simple. It will look nice in your house.

I've done about a hundred cycles so far and never had any issues.

Love this washing machine

from Scotland, SD

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This washing machine does an excellent job of cleaning the clothes. Uses a lot less water than my old top load washer.

Energy Efficiency
The clothes are so dry after coming out of this washer that it cuts dry time in half!

Cleaning Time
This washing machine is so fast at cleaning a load of laundry. Love the quick cycle especially with kids and you forgot to wash something supper important for the and they can't love without it.

This washer performs much better than similar front loader washers. I love the fact thT you can see how little of water it uses to do a load of clothes.

This is a really simple washer to use. Put the clothes in, turn it on, put the detergent in. Shut the drawer, shut the door. The select the cycle type and hit start.

I love that this washer is a front loader. So practical especially for vertically challenged people.

This is a very durable washer. Well worth the money. It will last for years to come.

• Cleaning Time:

Quiet and efficient cleaning machine

from Little Rock, Ar

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This product is great at cleaning large loads of clothes, like blankets, sheets, and bedspreads.

Energy Efficiency
Since adding this product to my home, I have not noticed a difference in my energy bill at all!

Cleaning Time
There are a multitude of different cleaning options based on the types of soiling and garments in the machine. This makes it easy to clean a few things on the go or a large load for the family.

This LG washing machine has a great method for draining excess water to allow you to keep your drying times to a minimum. This makes it so much easier to transfer from the washing machine to the dryer as well!

This washing machine has an easy to use and well labeled front display that allows even the simplest of users to be an expert with this product!

This design is clean and simplistic which will work with many different design plans and different sized houses.

This washing machine has a solid build and is a washing machine I expect to last me for many years to come.

Very Happy With My Choice

from Ballwin, MO

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have owned this washer long enough now to give a decent review. Overall I very much like this machine. Has plenty of washing options, easy to use, handy laminated direction sheet with suction cup to attach to washer, very conservative on water, does a good cleaning job, holds plenty of clothes AND sings to you when the load is done!

Energy Efficiency
Because you have so many options, you can make this washer very energy efficient with water temp, spin, etc. Also is very conservative on water consumption. I like how is slowly filters in the water so that all the clothes get thoroughly wet without a full tub of water.

Cleaning Time
I think it takes a little longer than my Maytag Neptune (which it replaced) but since the Maytag had no timer on it, this is just a gut feeling on my part. This is not a huge issue for me as I usually dump and run and then return later but if you want a quick wash there are shorter cycles.

I am very happy with the cleaning abilities of this washer. But I also contribute a lot to my detergent and pre-wash chemicals. Over all it is a very quiet machine during the wash. The only thing I have noticed is that when the valves open to allow water into the tub, it has a very loud noise that startled me at first. Not sure why this happens but it has not been detrimental to the function.

Pretty intuitive for a basic wash but I would definitely use the instructions if you want to do anything fancy.

Designed well. The controls are well placed, bright and easy to read. It is really best to be used with a base (which I did not buy). Without it the unit is pretty low and requires short legs and long arms to comfortably remove wash. Size of the tub is sufficient for a medium sized family.

So far so good. Because NOTHING is made to last like they use to (I had my Maytag Neptune for 16 years) I am hoping this makes 10 years.

Really great purchase

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

My LG Front Load Washer was a great buy. It has been working wonders since I purchased it about 4 months ago. My clothes come out so clean and i am able to customize water temperature in order to save energy. It runs so quietly you never know it is doing work until it play a tune to let you know it is done. I purchased it on sale and feel like I got a steal. It has not had the smell that I have heard accompanies some front load washing machines. I leave the door open and the laundry soap drawer open after I use it for an hour or so and have had no issue with smell. I have recommended this washing machine and it's matching dryer to all that have mentioned they were in the market for a washer and/or dryer.

Energy Efficiency
There are numerous settings so that you only expend the energy necessary in order to get each specific load of laundry clean and fresh.

Cleaning Time
There are multiple cycle times for different types of loads so the cleaning time varies. Overall, I think the machine works in a very timely fashion.

I am thrilled with the performance so far and I am 4 months in. I see no indication that it will change anytime soon.

It doesn't get any easier. You just put the laundry in, select your water temp and cycle, add laundry soap and start. Then you just wait for the musical sounds to let yo know it is done.

Very clean and streamline looking. I have found no issues with design.

I have only had it for 4 months, but I have been completely satisfied with my LG washer so far.

• Cleaning Time:

Absolutely the BEST washing machine I have EVER owned, amazing!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I would recommend this washing machine to anyone who could afford it! It may seem like a pricey investment but with all the features and its durability as well as the warrantee it is definitely worth it.

Energy Efficiency
Hardly made a dent in my energy bill and my wife runs this at LEAST once every day!

Cleaning Time
Fastest cleaning time I have ever experienced. The steam feature is awesome!

Performance is marvelous! If I could rate it higher than 10 I would! I just absolutely love it!

Very easy to use, there is absolutely no learning curve! We had guests over for a week and they didn't even have to ask us how to use the machine!

Very elegant design, my wife loves the color (white). As far as washing machines go these are beauties!

Very durable, easy to clean and very easy to maintain. About once a month we put it into the self cleaning mode without any issues of mold or mildewy smells. This thing runs like a champ!

• Cleaning Time:

Best washing machine I've ever had.

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This washer is great: it has a huge capacity, lots of different settings for just about every type of clothing I need to clean, is quiet, efficient and stylish.

The settings are spot on (delicates, hand wash, bulky, cotton, bright whites, etc) as far as every type of wash I want to run is available. I like the bulky setting for towels and blankets/comforters, etc. With two toddlers in school, having the "sanitize" option is great when when they bring home all kinds of surprises. It saw a lot of use during potty training as well. My favorite setting though is the allergy-free setting. I wash our pillows and pillowcases and sheets in this and have seen a DRAMATIC reduction in my allergie-related sneezing and watery eyes.

Additionally, the front end loader has a huge capacity, easily half again as big as old washer (top load) and with the addition of the pedestal drawer underneath, raises the height of the machine to a very comfortable level (I am 6'2" and my wife is 6').

We got this item on sale at Home Depot and opened a credit card account with the purchase to get an even bigger discount. It is worth every penny and we'd buy it full price if we didn't have another option!

Energy Efficiency
On the larger/bulky loads it takes longer, and also with the steam/anti-allergy setting it uses more energy but I'm not worried at all.