Other Washing Machines:

LG Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

LG - Long Going = Clean Clothes

I love my LG washing machine.  I can load it to the top of the front load tub and WOW clean clothes are the result.  I have loaded this "stuffed" actually, several times, and it keeps washing clean and never hesitates.  In the 16 months I have had it --  with the matching dryer only one time has it not spun out.  (It stopped and told me to re-load the clothes. I did this, but I needed to take out one blanket.  I had over loaded it !!)    I also am hung up on the Melinuka Washing Liquids.  They clean - and smell so nice - when the clothes come out of the washer.

The LG Front Load Washer is a hassle and a mediocre performer

Am I the only one who doesn't like front load washing machines? I moved to a new house, which came with a new LG front loader - WM2301H, in white. I was kind of excited to use such a cool, fancy new washer, and it's been a disappointment. I don't like the way it treats my clothing, it doesn't get things as clean as my old top-load washing machine, and maintenance is a giant hassle!

Energy Efficiency
I will give the LG WM2301H credit for being efficient with energy and water. I am definitely in favor of conservation and being responsible with the earth's resources. I just wish this machine had both energy efficiency and good performance. It doesn't.

Cleaning Time
This machine takes a really long time to wash! My loads never take less than an hour with this LG front loader. If my clothes came out squeaky clean, the long wash time wouldn't bother me, but since they don't, I wonder just what my washer is doing for such a long time, if it's not cleaning my clothes.

I just don't feel that the LG WM2301 is taking proper care of my clothing. I've had more clothes come out with stains from this machine than any other I've used. Sometimes, I put clothes in without visible stains, and they come out with the dreaded "water stains" - spots that look like little wet spots, but the shirt is bone-dry. Those spots just won't come out, even after additional washings.

I also think this machine is rough on my clothes. The spin cycle on the LG is crazy - the clothes seem to be spun so fast that they are really mashed to the side of the machine, and they come out really, really wrinkled. The wrinkles don't even come out in the dryer, they are so mashed in. Plus, at the end of the cycle, my clothes are always really hot. How do they get so hot when I use a cold water rinse?

I find the LG WM2301 to be a hassle to use. Maintenance is so annoying; you have to run tub clean cycles all the time, and empty and rinse the filter way too often. The rubber gasket around the door opening has to be wiped out every single use, or else it has water standing in it which can get moldy. My old machine didn't require any of this effort.

I also think there are too many buttons, and too many options on each button. There are buttons that have 2 or 3 options behind them, and you have to do funky maneuvers like holding the button down for a long time to get to the other options. Very annoying, and not at all intuitive.

The design of the LG front loader is fine. It looks sleek and expensive.

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far, so good in terms of durability.

Wow! All I have to say!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

For the money that we paid, I expected much more. At first it was great. 10+ towels at a time, many pairs of jeans, comforters, etc. After a year, it started making a loud noise while rinsing and spinning. It turned out it was some mechanism on the back that we had to have replaced. The motor that turns the drum has plastic from the factory, which eventually broke off. They obviously realized the mistake, because when we purchased the new fitting, it was all stainless steel. After two years, the pump started making a loud sound. After doing everything the manual said to do for cleaning out the filters, we finally figured out it was the pump itself. It had to be replaced. If I had to do over again, I would have read a little more on this brand before purchasing it.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is great, especially on a quick cycle.

It is very easy to use.

The design is great.

It is not very durable since we have already had to replace two elements on it and have only had it for two and a half years.

The LG Front Load Washer is a hassle and a mediocre performer

from Mundelein, IL

Cleaning Time

The design of the LG front loader is fine. It looks sleek and expensive.

I don't want to jinx myself, but so far, so good in terms of durability.

• Cleaning Time:

Keeps breaking ... life is not good!

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

Bought in July 2010 - just under two years had an errror reading. According to manual it was a control error - turn off machine and call for service. Found out it was the heating element - thermistor part # 1268202, Replaced and was working good. Now 2 months later same error code appears. Really??? What is the problem and Why? LG is suppose a high quality company with superior products. Their customer serice was not helpful at all. No warranty .... no help. What am I suppose to do. I have already had it repaired once ... now the same problem. I am seeing a very bad pattern here.

• Cleaning Time:

Problem with the heating mechanism

from North Salt Lake, UT

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I like my LG washer because it is a front loading machine.  It has worked well, compaired to my previous washer,  but I do wonder if it cleans as well as I was told by my salesman.  I feel like I have to wash clothes over and over to get the dirt out.  It also has a bad smell after a while.  I was told to just do a bleach wash on hot every once in a while to help with that.  My washer does have a lot of features, but I'm also finding myself just not using them all that much.  Make sure if you do buy one and you have girls that you don't get a ponytail holder in with your wash.  It will go into the filter and the machine will quit and say on the LCD (see owners manual or needs repair).  I haven't owned mine for very long, but have I had to have the repair man out already once on it, because of that very issue.  Also it's supposed to be very quiet, but my door sqeaked really loud when it goes through it's spin cycle forever until I had the repair man come.  He just put some kind of gel lubricant on the door hinge and the loud annoying sqeaking has stopped.  I've also had an issue with water leaking out.  Just make sure that there are no clothes stuck in the door or your seal my need to be repaired.

Energy Efficiency
I like the option that it has to do a quick load.
Often times I need clothes, fast.

Same as I stated above

It does clean clothes, but I've seen better....

I would like it to be more stream-lined

If you add drawers, then there is a problem with balance,
and the machine, especially the washer has a problem with
this

Of course nothing is made like 30 years ago, so for today's
standards it's ok.

• Cleaning Time:

i wouldn't know what to do without my LG Front Load Washer!

from Webb City, MO

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

we purchased this washer a few months ago and Love it.. I don't know why i waited so long to buy a front loding washer, it is amazing.. This washer is so quiet and saves so much time when washing for 5 people!! It is so much easier to wash and load these washers and the transition from washer to drying is so much easier! I love it!! The price and size compared to others that are just about identical is so much better great price. You really don't have to wait for it to be on sale to help you decide to buy it's just plain awesome!! The capacity of it is great i can load more than 2 pairs of jeans in one cycle it's amazingly quiet and efficiant!! I really don't have anything bad to say about this great front loading washer!!

lg front load washer makes washing easier!

from Corona, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

i was looking to buy a washer last year when all the front load washing machines really started getting popular and poping up in every store it seemed like, so decided to gve one a try there were so many to chose from with different specifications , different colors, different sizes, but they all were most important to front loads ...after alot of shoping, and asking around i finally settled on the lg wm2301h front load washing machine. i looked foward to the front load feature because im a short person with not much strength so laundry really was a difficult task for me .but much to my amazement this washer machine is more than just another front load. it does twice the amount of clothing in one load and uses much less detergent energy and time. this lg front load washer makes washing easier.

This LG Front Load Washer is lovely!

from Bridgehampton, NY

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

The LG Front Load Washer WM2301H is just so lovely. I love this machine so much as it is really good. It really washes my clothes, towels and other laundry and get them looking great. I had owned another brand washing machine and things did not work out so good with my old washing machine. Firstly, it used up way too much electricity and it was too small. I would have to do several loads of clothes weekly to wash all the clothes for everyone in my household. My old washing machine used way too much water and electricity and I knew that the next machine that I purchased would have to conserve on both water and electricity. I have to be an energy saver now. With this LG Front Load Washer WM2301H I am able to do what would have taken two loads with my old washing machine in one single load. This LG Front Load Washer WM2301H has a really large capacity which suits me a lot and I am really satisfied with my purchase of this LG product.

lg front loader is super fast!

from Lawton, MI

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

my husband and I recently upgraded our el-cheapo washer and dryer for this LG front loading model. We have been beyond pleased with its performance. The washing machine looks almost space aged with all the options and timing display. the Timer feature has to be my favorite thing about this model. knowing how long I have left inbetween loads has been such a time saver. I know that this is a wonderful product because my husband will even use iT! ( We should have upgraded a long time ago!)

One fault that i have found with this washing machine is that after each use ( or the final use of the day) you have to wipe the door and seal dry. If you don't, the moisture will get caught in there which can cause mildew.

over all we have been beyond satisfied with this washer and dyer set. We got them at an amazing price, and anything that will make my husband participate in house work is a great product in my mind!

Cleanest clothes ever!!!!

from Frisco, TX

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I did quite a bit of research before investing in a new washer and dryer to replace our 11 year old hand-me-downs. I heard fabulous things about LG and everyone was right. I narrowed down my decision to three models, based on reviews in consumer reports magazine and a few other review sites. We ended up with the 2301 after spending time at the local appliance stores. I couldn't be happier. I use my washer and dryer all the time. People comment that I am always doing laundry. I love doing laundry, even more so that my clothes look more amazing than they ever have in my entire life. My washing machine is on the opposite side of a wall of my 1 year old son. I am happy to say they are quiet enough that I can do laundry all through his naps. I am not saying they are silent, they definitely make noise, just not disruptive noise. Washer is efficient, fast and energy-savers. I like the option to do a sanitary wash, which uses super hot water and takes a while, but my whites are always gleaming. The only drawback is how dusty they get. We got the red ones. They are very hard to keep clean. I have also scratched the top from placing items on it. I placed a nice, woven, no-skid foam pad (I think ducky brand from the grocery store) on the top of the dryer which has prevented the scratching. I will put one on the washer too.

Best washer for unbeatable price!

from Crestview, FL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I recently purchased the LG WM2301H and am in love with it. It is an amazing washing machine and I could not have asked for a better one. I had my eyes on it for a while but was hesitant to spend so much money until I saw and amazing sale. I wish I would have purchased it sooner!

My clothes have never been more clean. It easily washes large loads without any problem. It is such a quiet machine that the first few times I ran it I had to check my laundry room to make sure it was still working. It easily gets blankets and comforters clean. No more special laundromat stops!

I love all the features it has. It is so easy to work which was surprising given all the additional features it has on it. It is a beautiful machine that is so sleek.

I love the balancing technology and the load sensing technology. No guesswork on how much soap you need to put in. The matching pedastools complete the look.

The only thing I dislike about any front load dryer, not just the LG, is that you need to wipe out the rubber ring and let it air dry to prevent molding. It isn't too much of an inconvenience, but it it still there. You definitely won't regret buying the LG WM2301.