3.9
WM0642HW
LG Front Load Washer

LG Front Load Washer

3.9

Better than expected, quiet, energy star rated, highly recommend

When our top loading washing machine bit the dust, we decided to try a front loading washer.  After much research, we decided on the LG Electronics model WM0642H.  This is the best washing machine that I have ever had.  It gets our clothes clean while using less water and detergent.  The washer is so quiet that I sometimes forget that I am doing laundry.  When the wash is done, the clothes are practically dry.  Drying time is cut in half.

I do let the tub air out after laundry.  I feel like it needs to dry out since the seal is so tight.  I don't have small children around so I feel comfortable doing so.

This is our first experience with the LG brand, and we are very satisfied.  Great product at a reasonable price.  Couldn't be happier.

LG Front Load Machine

This LG was simply not the washing machine for our family. We have had nothing but problems with it. It constantly malfunctions and has required several repairs. Calling customer service has been nothing but a hassle and it is like pulling teeth to get them to help. There are no LG certified repair people in our area which has added even more to our misery. The clothes do not get wet enough. They also do not come out clean. I have had to rewash loads very frequently. The machine always malfunctions and I get so sick and tired of hearing the malfunction beeper go off. It leaks water under the bottom. I honestly have had nothing but trouble with this machine and wish I could get another one, but feel I have to stick this one out until it dies for good and for that- the sooner the better.

LG Has problems with hoses in their washers

from Amherst Ohio 44001

About Me Casual Cleaner

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

This machine is garbage. Go online Google LG washers, you will see many many testimonials of leaks from the cheap hoses they use and they wear out fast causing leaks.
Ruined a very expensive sweater. Washed it after I washed white. It came out bleached.
Going back to regular machine, no more front loaders for us.

• I Am A:
  • Couple No Kids

Love my LG washer!

from Hughson, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

We've had our LG front load washer for roughly 4 years now. There are several things I like about it. First off you can program different cycles so that you only need to push a button to start the wash cycle. I'm not sure how easy this was to do as the appliance delivery guy set it up for us. I did notice that it was a push of a few buttons and that was it. You can specify the soil level so that it cleans a bit more if they're extra dirty, you can set the spin cycle speed, hand wash, delicate, extra tub rinse (sanitize) and more. I love that when my clothes come out of the washer, they're really not all that wet anymore so they're in my dryer for a short amount of time. In the 4 years we've had the washer/dryer I haven't had any problems or needed any type of repair work done to it. We ended up purchasing these as floor models so they were much cheaper than the "full price". They've been awesome and I highly recommend this to anybody in the market for a new one!

• Energy Efficiency:

• Cleaning Time:

front loader

from Cairo, NE

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I have nerve problems in arms and legs and my son talked us into getting this washer so I could accesss the cleaned clothes easier. I am so grateful to him for that. It uses so much less water and soap and I have absolutely no problems getting to any area of the tub. It has a cycle for cleaning tub so I don't mind using it for some of my husbands "dirtier" clothes that he can get.

Nice machine

from Des Plaines, IL

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I didn't think I'd like this product but I was pleasantly surprised. It's fast and energy-efficient. However, it leaves a musty smell and every once in a while I forget to throw something into the wash and would like to throw in an errant sock or underwear. Can't do that with this model.

LG Front Loader Dude

from Penryn, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

When I purchased my LG front loader it worked great. Then I had an issue with the order, maintenance person advised, "Always leave door open" "use a cleaner once a month". (cleaner 7.99 for 3-tabs) Then it was taking a much longer time to wash, maintenance again "must check hoses for build up, they tend to get clogged". Also, LG a horrible company to deal with. I will never purchase another LG product again. I have other LG appliances with issues spent over 5000.00. Never again.

Happy with front loader

from Kearney, NE

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I love my front loader!! It is really gets the clothes clean and and smells so fresh. You only need a small amount of laundry detergent. With the traditional washing machine I would fine that I was using more to get the clothes clean. Our laundry room is unfinished due to my husband getting deployed so it was put on hold but I am able to still do laundry then in the basement of our house which was very inconvienient. My only complaint is the room gets really cold below a certain temperature the residual water will freeze where you put the soap in and then it doesn't work. So we keep an area heater to keep the room warm. I do fine myself once in awhile to leave the door open so there won't be a musty smell.

Poorly Designed

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

I've had multipe problems with this washer.

First, it doesn't seem to wash clothes all that well and it takes forever (58mins / load!!). I bought it because its supposed to save water AND was my clothes properly, however it doesn't seem to do that all that well.

Second, the washing machine started to grow mildew all over it. I had to take the whole thing apart clean the outside of the steel drum and flush all the pumps. It was a HUGE PITA and took me almost 3 days to complete.

Third, do not use tide HE detergent, it causes mildew to grow. Use some other brand like ECOS, for some reason this works much better. Also, put in about 1/2 cup white vinegar, this will prevent future mold. In addition, run empty with chlorine once a month (make sure to use extra rinse otherwise chlorine doesn't get fully pumped out) and then drain the washer by opening the drain thing on the bottom. Keep the washer door open while its not in use so mildew doesn't grow.

I won't buy this again

from Brighton, MO

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

My dryer went out, and I figured my washer was getting old, so why not buy both at the same time and get a matching set. The goal was to get a new set, so I wouldn't have to worry about repairs for quite some time, and no headaches. RIght? Wrong!

My LG Washer went out 1 year to the day. Luckily, LG did have good customer service and I did get it fixed right away under the warranty. Whew! However, the repair guy did something wrong, and when I started the "fixed" unit up, water went everywhere. They had to come back out and fix their mistake.

I do notice it is kind of smelly, but had chalked it up to my well water. After reading some other reviews, I find others have the same problem.

I've done more research since I've purchased this unit, and if I were to buy again today, I probably wouldn't even buy a front loader. They tend to wear out faster due to the design of a front loader. Gravity pulls on the big open tub (no agitator) and causes the unit to die.

Oh, I have problems with the dryer now, too. How was this helping my headache?

AMAZING! LG Front Load Washer WM0642H

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about LG Front Load Washer:

So I told my husband before he started four years of graduate school with one child and another on the way that if I needed anything it was a dependable washer! We got this and we've LOVED it! Why? lots of reasons! I love that the knobs are up high so my kids can't mess with them turning the washer on and off. I do wish that I had bought the under storage option, had I done that it would've been easier for me to load and unload while pregnant, but I know I can get that any time. I love the sanitary option that SUPER cleans blowouts and other unpleasant surprises. More than anything I love that it's energy efficient, requires not a lot of soap, and holds SO much in one load. It keeps my laundry to a minimum. It also is very quiet and we even have ours in a laundry room upstairs. There are tons of options like Quick cycle and Gentle and comforter cleaning which is very needed and helpful for a mom of two! Thanks LG!