1.5
WM2077CW
LG Front Load Stackable Washer

LG Front Load Stackable Washer

1.5

Not as great as I thought it would be

Comments about LG Front Load Stackable Washer:

This washer is energy efficient and water efficient. I like the entire idea of using less but the clothes don't get clean.

Energy Efficiency
It really uses less energy than my old traditional washing machine. My electric bill has not changed since getting this washer. We don't do as much laundry as we used to when the children were small but the cost to do each load is less. Even though the cost of these washers is much more than a traditional washer, it isn't so much more in the big picture of savings on water, electricity and gas.

Cleaning Time
This washer takes double the time to wash one load of laundry. It is over an hour for a load of whites. This is not the washer for anyone who is doing a lot of laundry and wants to get it done, it will take all day and night to do 7 or more loads.

I am not impressed with the performance. It takes a long time and most of the time even with pre-treating, stains do not come out. Heavily soiled clothing does not come clean either, even when you use the heavy soil button on the highest it will go. The hand wash cycle is great as the washer really is always on the gentle cycle. This is why I suspect the dirty clothes never get clean.

It is fairly easy but sometimes the washer doesn't go into the cycle and turn on. You must start all over again. I also suspect that even though you have choices in soil level making it seem like your going to get more agitation for heavy jobs, it is no different than a regular cycle. I do like that when you pick your type of wash, the washer presets the optimal efficiency or wash selections for you. I have to always make sure I change it to cold water wash each time.

They are very large, but the stacking option, which we used, makes them a little more space saving. We are tall so this option is not good for a short person. Also you will need to get the platform or make one yourself if your not stacking them as they are very low and you will need to bend quite low to get your clothes out. They look like space capsules.

We have had our set for quite a while and no problems yet. We have never had to call for a repair and they seem to still be working as well as they did when we bought them.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Avoid this!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about LG Front Load Stackable Washer:

We have this washer and I hate it!  Nothing but problems that unfortunatly are started AFTER the warranty expired.  Even with leaving the door open and drying it out, there's mold forming around the seals and an awful mildew smell!  I definately would never purchase this product again...

The worse investment I have ever made!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about LG Front Load Stackable Washer:

I have to agree with the other two reviews that I read.  My whites are not white and I thought it was that I couldn't find the right whitener.  The bleach holder spills my bleach onto the floor.  The inside REAKS!  And..the repairman said there was nothing he could do.

Do NOt buy this product!!!!!!!!

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about LG Front Load Stackable Washer:

This machine has been the complete opposite of everything they promised it would be.

It is not quiet. The spin cycle is so bad I have to actually hold the front of the machine to keep it from bouncing around. It sounds like an airplane is landing in my laundry room.

LG has been no help in fixing the problem. The repairmen have been no help. The last one told me that if I put more than 4 things in the machine I'm overloading it. It's an ultra capacity machine, give me a break.

If you like dependable quiet machines DO NOT BUY THIS ONE....