Other Washing Machines:
WM3360HWCA
LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer

LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer

• Cleaning Time:

I love doing laundry now!

I have no idea how I ever did laundry before I owned this LG front loading washer. It's so easy to use and has a cycle for all my clothes. It even does well with my hand wash only clothes! If only it could sort lights and darks...

It uses high efficiency detergent which is a bit pricier than regular detergent, but well worth it because the stains come out the first time. My daughter gets all sorts of stains on her from dirt and grass to juice and pasta suce. Even if they are dried on, I don't have to pretreat them - I can just put them in the washing machine and know that they will come out clean the first time. I used to have to wash clothes more than once to get some stains out, but not anymore. I love all the musical notifications that it makes when you're starting it up and when the laundry is done. Gone are the days of the washing machine buzzer...I get to hear a lovely melody when my laundry is done. The laundry won't do itself, so you might as well enjoy the process and this LG front loading washer certainly helps make laundry less painful. I highly recommend it and it's a great value for the price. Plus we were able to get the stacking kit with the matching dryer and save some room in our tight laundry room.

This is the worst purchase I ever made! Smelly and unsafe

This is without a doubt the worst purchase I ever made-and I lived through fashion in the 80's! I purchased my machine 2 years ago. After a few months I noticed that my machine and my clothing started to smell moldy. Gross! I called LG and explained the problem and they told me that I have to maintain my washer weekly, buy special laundry detergent and..wait for it...."keep the door open". I told them that I thought this was something they should advise customers PRIOR to purchasing the machine and I had never heard of something as ridiculous as this ever. They did not care, they already had my money. I did all the things they told me to do for one year, it was easier than fighting with them on the phone as Im a working mother. Last week my 7 year old son, walking from his room into mine in the middle of the night walked into the open door of the machine and cut his leg. I am furious. I can not believe that I bought into the...."keep the door open" response and assume it works for them because most people do not have the time, financial resources or energy to fight with them. And if you are wondering if the customer service manager ever did forward my complaint...I have no idea either as nobody ever called me back. Do not buy this machine, LG is a dishonest large company that does not care about the customer. Your clothing will smell and if you are looking up when you walk past your machine, you may to get hurt. I can not tell you how frustrated and angry I feel.

Fantastic Washer Best LG Source for High Quality

from Denver USA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Leaky
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Towels

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

many thanks for Lg to provide us this amazing product , i was happy by using this kind of heavy duty washer since 2014 .
I suggest every family in USA and world wide using LG products .

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

LG better than whirlpool

from Checotah, OK

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Leaky
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy

• Bedding
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Towels

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

I don't know about efficient, as the cycles are pretty long, but this is a definite improvement over the one we replaced (Whirlpool Cabrio top loading). It was expensive but if you shop around and get it on sale it's worth the price. It is a tad noisy, though - not excessively, but makes odd "tinking" noises at times. Overall I'd give 4 out of 5 stars because in 6 months no problems. Hope I don't jinx myself - I don't actually trust any washing machines after the last fiasco I had with Whirlpool.

Wonderful!

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

We got this machine after our Whirlpool died a little too soon. I really enjoy this Extra Large Capacity LG Washer. It almost makes me look forward to doing laundry. If there ever was a washing machine that made things easy and fun, this is it. The door open with a flexible hinge. That worried me the first time I opened it, but now I am used to the fluid movement. The inside is very roomy, yet the machine still seems compact. I love the variety of options on this machine. I have found that the clothes come out cleaner than my former machine and I didn't even know that was possible. I also like the laundry detergent drawer. It was designed super-smart because not only are there different sections for different detergents, but they remove. You can actually bring the correct detergent compartment to the soap instead of hauling the container to the machine or using a little cup to transport the soap. It is so handy and it even shows "max fill" lines. This HE machine is very quiet and very energy efficient! When the cycle is done the machine does a fun little tune instead of the standard beep-beep-beep. For me, that's the icing on the cake.

10+

• Cleaning Time:

LG...Life's Good but it was better without their equipment.

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

We had our first washer for over 22 years, when it finally bit the dust we decided to get a new LG front loading washer. The water efficiency was very appealing to us as our water rates are extremely high. We couldn't believe how much our water bill was reduced on a monthly basis by switching to a front loading machine. It only took about one year for the bloom to be off the rose.
The equipment began to corrode directly beneath the drawer in which detergents and bleach are added. Very unsightly, not what i want to see when cleaning my clothes. I figured this is from adding the bleach but also felt the product should have been better prepared for the use that occurs in this area. Since it was past the warranty time I never pursued any course of action.
We had the machine for about 3 years total, the machine failed and would no longer rotate the drum, we had no course of action but to get rid of this albatross. I am not afraid to make my own repairs, but the cost of buying the parts needed was almost as much as buying a new machine. No brainer.

Corrosion under additive tray.

Didn't make it but 3 years before major repairs were needed and unit was discarded.

• Cleaning Time:

I love the front loading washer, but they are not made to last..

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

Switching to a front loader was an ideal move for my family. With five people we do a lot of laundry. The washer works great for the first year but afterward things begin to decline. I can say with absolute certainty that the front loaders are not made to last. It may be energy efficient and uses HE detergent softener and bleach, but that doesn’t make it the best thing. If you do not clean the machine and leave the door open between washes the machine begins to smell moldy, and so do your clothes. Sand and dirt build up quick and you need to drain the machine and empty the filter regularly. It you do not drain it regularly, gallons of water end up on the floor. Because of the leaking the machine rusts up quick, and my biggest issue of all is the buttons. Many times we cannot get the buttons to respond and sometimes you can sit there for half an hour trying to get it to work. The fact is, though these machines are great the first few years, they are not designed to last. They are designed for people to replace them after a few years, or replace parts.

• Cleaning Time:

Nice looking and cool, but not without its issues...

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

This machine looks cool, has a really large capacity, and has neat features such as many different types of options and cycles. When the cycle is finished it plays a pleasant little song. Yes a SONG. (At first I thought I was crazy...but the music was coming from the washing machine, not my brain.) So yeah...that's kind of cool. However I concur with the other reviewers who complained about the smell. The machine very quickly begins to smell like mold and mildew if you don't constantly clean and maintain it. I've heard others say you should leave the door open, but seriously? I'm not going to do that. I can't constantly risk my kids, large dogs, or even myself running into the door and getting hurt or breaking the door itself. That's just ridiculous. So in a nutshell, it's a cool machine that makes neat sounds, cleans laundry alright, but SMELLS BAD. In hindsight I'd rather have a plain old odor free top loading machine than a stinky fancy one that plays music and has spaceship-esque controls.

Cleaning Time
It does finish a load faster than the other machines I'm used too.

It does work pretty well, and I have no complaints about how the clothes come out. However I can't say it works any BETTER than less expensive machines I've tried.

This machine has so many buttons,options, and "bells and whistles," that it can be a bit confusing to figure out at first.

It's a very attractive machine, and all of the aforementioned options and buttons makes it come across as a very high end machine. However, there's something about the design of this washer that makes it susceptible to mold growth.

It's a nice solid machine, and cleans heavily soiled clothing well, but the fact that the controls are complicated and fully electronic makes me worry about all of the things that COULD easily go wrong and require expensive repairs.

• Cleaning Time:

Well-made, easy to use, energy-efficient, water-saving washer.

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

This washing machine is wonderful. Well-constructed, easy-to-understand settings, easily-accessible drawer for laundry soap, fabric softener and bleach, and huge capacity.

Energy Efficiency
The washer senses how big the load is, and only uses the amount of water needed to wash the clothes. Smaller loads take less time than larger loads, automatically.

Cleaning Time
A regular-size load of laundry is done, and very clean, in around 30 minutes.

I have not had a single issue with the washer at this point, and I've had it for about two years.

Settings and dials are easy to understand and change. Soap/bleach/fabric softener drawer is easily accessible.

It looks pretty. And plays a lovely little song when the load is finished.

I do a lot of laundry, and my kids do their own laundry separately. At least one load of laundry is done per day, and I've not had a single problem.

The washer does tend to get stinky inside after a while. I think this is a general problem with HE washers. There are washing-machine cleaners on the market. I use one every month and it alleviates the stinky problem.

This is the worst purchase I ever made! Smelly and unsafe

from New York, NY

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

Not a back breaker ! ! ! !

from Port Richey, FL

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

I have this very washer. It is a great washer. My clothes seam to be cleaner coming from this washer,than the other one I had..I have the pedstil drawer under my washer. Haveing the drawer rasies the washer up high which is even better I have a bad bad back. I put the clothes in the washer an when they are done they go right into the dryer, that is the same hieght. My dry is also an LG, we bought them as a pair at a great price.I really love them both they work really great.

Horrible smell from this washer!

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about LG Extra Large Capacity Front Load Washer:

I loved this washer until I realized horrible odor coming from it and uncovered mold growing inside of it. This washer creates a lot of problems and has costly and monthy maintenance that has to be done on it. Not worth the money! Stick with top loaders. This may be pretty but it's not worth it!