View more cell phones

LG enV3 Cell Phone

Pros

Cons

Its a texter's phone

**Pros: **The phone is great for texting.

**Cons:** The qwerty keys are a little close but not that bad. I adjusted quickly to them.Read complete review

**Pros: **The phone is great for texting.

Had to buy a new LG car charger because it doesn't match my old LG phone.

****- The 3 mp cam is nice. - just type to reply to a message. no having to hit reply or anything and you can do this from both internal and external screens. - It has a bigger internal and external screen. - You can do alot from the outside screen menu. - the high resolution outside screen looks good. - it has improved ways to put a contact into the "send to" box when messaging. just type in the first letter of the contact and a list will come up to choose from. - you can store more than 10 number in speed dial. - loud clear speaker phone. - great call quality - it supposedly has something that helps send messages quicker which probally helps contribute to a better call signal also. - this phone is easy to use and makes evrything you have done on your cell phone in the past much easier with less effort and time. If your like me and not into the touch phones due to all the problems and durability issues, buy this phone. You will not be disappointed!

Nice looking phone with too many problems.

When I qualified for my Verizon 2 ear upgrade I was super excited about getting this phone! I had researched it and all of the features I was looking for led me to the EnV3. I was upgrading from the EnV2 so I figured it would be similar so I wouldn't have that much of a jump in the learning department.

When I upgraded to this phone I noticed that when text messaging the phone couldn't keep up with my typing. It was super slow to catch up which wasn't a major problem since eventually it caught up. My second observation was that for the camera being a 3.0MP it took blurry pictures and the video on the phone was useless. When you watched the video on the phone it looked great but when you uploaded it, it was so blurry that you couldn't see anything and the sound quality was super low.

After about a month the phone started randomly shutting off. I thought it might just be a small problem so I let it go for about a week until it got so bad to where it would shut off every 5 minutes. So I returned the phone and got another one. After about 2 weeks of having this one, it too started shutting off. So I returned it a third time and the Verizon Tech told me it was a problem with this phone. Apparently when you have more than a few text messages inbox or outbox the phone shuts off. This is a huge problem for me because I text quite frequently and am very annoyed by the fact that I have to keep deleting them. The tech told me that there is no solution to this problem as of right now which I think is horrible on LGs part and Verizons part and may be returning the phone for a different one.

Good phone

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

Lasted me a long time. You could drop it and it was fine. Worked well for calls and texts. Not great for using the internet. Battery life was really good as well. Calls were clear. This phone never failed me. I would recommend for a first phone. Or even for an older person who wants a simple phone.

Overall I loved this phone. It worked great and never gave me any problems. Would recommend to anyone.

Voice Quality
Calls always sounded great. Never lost any calls.

Battery Life
Compared to today's phone the battery life was pretty good. I charged it every two or three days and I used it a lot.

I can't even count how many times I dropped this phone. It was always fine when I picked it back up. It got a little dinged up on the edges, but the screen stayed nice and clear with no cracks. VERY DURABLE!

Really easy to use. The outside buttons are pretty big and easy to see as well.

The design was good. Simple and easy. It fit well in your hand and wasn't to heavy. But It was kinda bulky on the sides.

Alright phone

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

I got this about six months ago and it is alright. It works; it texts and makes calls. It's pretty slow and the screens scratch easily. The buttons are a little small and it gets a lot of dirt in between the cracks. The volume got stuck on one setting which I am angry about. The battery life only lasts about a day and then it's dead.

• Battery Life:

OK phone - after 2 years it's gotta go.

from Flanders, NJ

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

I have been using this phone for about 6 months and prior to that, it was used for about 2 years moderately. It is very slow to respond and is very frustrating to use. Also, it turns itself off for no apparent reason. The camera is an OK quality. I am happy it has a lock feature on the outer keyboard because if it didn't, I would be pocket dialing many people. The speaker phone is a good quality. After 2+ years of use, it's gotta go. My renewal can't come soon enough so I can get a new phone!

Battery Life
With little use - mostly texting, not much voice - I can go 3 days between chargings.

It has been dropped many times and no issues.

Not A Bad Phone

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

For users of the EnV2, the EnV3 has two main features that differentiate it from it's predecessor: the round navigator button on the front screen, and the keyboard setup on the inside main screen. Aside from that, the phones are nearly identical. If you like the EnV2 and are contemplating switching, don't bother, you'll be getting pretty much the exact same phone.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the EnV series, the EnV3 is a great phone. It's got a large screen and easy-to-understand features. It's internet access is somewhat limited, but multimedia (music, pictures, videos) are really its strength. Make sure to get an SD card to expand the memory if you decide to go with this phone, as the memory capabilites by themselves are not impressive compared to other LG phones. The full keyboard makes for easier typing than the traditional T9 system, which is one of my favorite features.

Good Phone for Basic Features

from Utica, NY

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

I have had the LG enV3 for almost 2 years and have not had any major issues. Yes, it shuts off once in a while, but not often enough to make it a problem. The QWERTY keyboard is one of the best features. The keys are not too small and work great. Everything is placed in good spots. No complaints on that. The front display screen is much bigger than the previous model of this phone. It works well for a secondary screen. The phone is also durable. I have dropped it or even thrown it on numerous occasions and it has come out no worse for the wear. The battery life is also a positive. Even after 2 years, I only have to charge it once every 2 to 3 days. I use the phone a lot, so this is a very good feature. It is not good for surfing the internet however. The interface is clunky and you would be much better off with a smartphone if internet is important to you. You cannot go wrong with this phone otherwise. It can probably be had for cheap now as well.

Not much more than the env2

from Erie, PA

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

I had used this phone for a while in the past, and have always been generally pleased with LG products. But I must say, having had the env2 immediately preceeding this device, the excitement wore off about 15 minutes after opening the box. The most noticable thing is the bigger front screen. I'll admit it is nice, and the higher resolution does allow the user to do more without opening the phone, but I'd personally rather not have an outside screen at all if it's going to be that small. Next would be the five-way D-pad, as opposed to the env2's three-way D-pad. This is one point where I will say the env3 is better, as being able to do next to nothing on the env2 without opening the phone was very annoying. One change I personally didn't like dealt with the QWERTY keypad inside the phone. This device has only one Space key in the same position as a regular keyboard, unlike the env2's two Space keys. If you are more used to the older env-series phones where the two Space keys are very easy to reach with your thumbs, you will not like this "upgrade" that LG has added to the env3. Aside from that nearly everything is the same; just a little less boxy. Overall, it's not a terrible phone. But when it comes down to it, it's essentially a superficially-updated version of the env2.

LG - VX9200 cellphone is okay but has some problems.

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

This is currently my 3rd cellphone, I have had one other flip phone that wasn't very good and then two of these. My first VX9200 worked for around a year, before the screens started acting funny. The large one would show inverted colors, or flip the image or some other strange thing. And the front one would just be a solid white screen. My explanation was that the wiring was messed up. Eventually the screens stopped working all together, and had to get a replacement.

We took it to the nearby Verizon store, but they didn't have any in-stock. So we then went to a store across town. They didn't have it in stock either. So I ended up having to have it mailed to me.

Another issue with this phone is that if enough pressure is applied to it, it will shut off. Both phones i have had, do this and it doesn't really take much pressure at all. Dropping it, or just setting it down would sometime shut it off.

The good things about this phone are the large interior screen, a full keyboard, and Vcast. Other than that, it is just a normal phone with a few extra things and some problems.

LG Env great "dumb phone"

from Sterling, VA

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

So this is my second (well, technically third, but I didn't have the first one very long) phone, all have been "dumb phones" (or not "smart phones"). I love this phone. My other one was a very simple, no-perks, flip phone, although of good quality as it lasted quite some time and is actually still in use by a sister whose phone died. So, I would recommend that one, but am very grateful I have this one. I can take pictures on it and put them on my computer as I got a memory card for it. I can download music onto it; however, the spot for the headphone jack is very small and my headphone jack is big. The keyboard is great for texting which I have done a decent amount of. One annoying thing that I got used to is that for some reason, the front window locks itself after a few secondd of inactivity and then you have to press the "ok" button... not a big deal, really, just annoying. The next phone I get, I will probably want a "smart" one, but if not, I would probably stick with this one.

I have been satisfied with my LG Envy 3 phone.

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

Overall, I think this has a great phone, for texting, talking, and camera use. If someone were to need a phone for internet access, I don't think it would be a good choice.

The performance of this phone has been pretty good as far as the texting / calling purposes. I feel that the very best quality is the camera feature. I think that I have used this phone more for taking pictures than I have anything. I love to take pictures, and I am one who sees random things that make me think "oh, this would be an awesome pic". The quality of the pictures are actually better than our digital camera that we have, so I usually just use my phone. The only thing about that is the zoom might as well be nonexistent. .

Battery Life
The battery life of this phone is average, I guess. I had it probably a year and the battery didn't seem to hold a good charge after that. I ordered a new battery off of Ebay, and that has lasted til now.

I have literally dropped this phone more times than I could count. Not that dropping a cell phone is ever a good thing, but mine has definately held up to lots of unintentional abuse & still works.

The design of this phone is compact, and a perfect size to carry in your pocket.

• Battery Life:

A good, low cost option with amazing battery life.

from Brookline, MA

Comments about LG enV3 Cell Phone:

I've had this phone for about two years. It has served me well in the limited capacity in which I use it - I don't have a data plan, so I mostly use it to send texts (which is extremely easy with the full QWERTY keyboard) and receive phone calls.

The good: Call reception is great, and the alarm clock has never once failed me. The battery life is FANTASTIC. I only charge my phone for a couple of hours every 3-5 days and it's good to go. Admittedly I'm not on the phone a ton, but I never really turn it off so I do find it impressive that the battery holds out for so long between charging.

The bad: Invariably, I'll go to check my phone at some point in the day and it will be turned off. This happens ALL THE TIME. I don't know what the deal is, because the battery will be at full power, but it just shuts itself off all the time and it's extremely annoying. I've missed more than one important call this way. Maybe it's just not realistic to expect a cheap cell phone to last for more than a year or two, but I'm disappointed.

Voice Quality
Voice quality is great, though I wish I could get it a little louder. I'm a bit hard of hearing, though.

Battery Life
Amazing battery in this thing! I only charge it once or twice a week for a couple of hours.