2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

Love my new LG Cosmos Touch phone

Just got the new LG Cosmos Touch phone last week and love it so far.  I haven't tested it for too long, only having just got it but I really love it.  It's my first qwerty keyboard phone and the first one I've had that also has a touch screen.

I do a lot of texting so I really needed a qwerty keyboard.  Almost got another phone that was ALL touch, but thought it might be harder to text fast with a touch keyboard if it's too sensitive or not enough, so I love that I can use the keyboard or the screen to write.

It's got some nice ringtones, some neat features (like being able to set favorite people to call on a shortcut page from the home screen.  Setting the feature of a shortcut to text just by starting to type a message on the keypad.  The voice commands don't seem to be great, but honestly - I've never had a phone that could understand me when I talk commands.  It's faster to just hit two buttons and call someone anyway.

The camera is decent.  Nothing to write home about, but hey, it's for calls and texting, not quality photography, right?  I don't use the internet on my phone, so I can't review that part of it, but the screen is great.  I need to get a protective cover so I don't scratch it up, but besides that it really feels like a sturdy phone.

I wanted the LG Env 2 but can't find a decent used one for a good price, and got this phone at a discount with my Verizon provider.  It also has an easy lock button on the side so you can lock it before you put it in your pocket.

Cool, fun phone for basic features.  It even has shortcuts to text update your status on social media.  Very nice.  I'm all about shortcuts.

Decent, but not comparable to a smart phone touch

I bought this phone as it was one of 3 or 4 choices for an upgrade without upgrading to a smart phone. I didn't want a flip phone so it narrowed it to 2 choices for me. I read reviews of the 2 and went with this one, which was actually free after rebate.
I initially loved the phone, but it seemed after I dropped it once (let's face it, we all drop a phone one time or another) that the touch was off just a hair and I had trouble re-calibrating it myself, however Verizon did help with that. Otherwise, it held up great for dropping. The touch screen is a great idea, but when scroll through your contacts, it didn't work well, I would end up calling someone or scrolling way past the name. It also pocket dialed ALOT!!!! Even when it was locked, I would have someone tell me it pocket dialed. I think this phone is great for someone who woiuld wear on their belt or put in their purse all the time. The keyboard is nice to text on. You can text from the touch screen or use keyboard, the touch screen has the 'send' and 'space' button side by side and would send alot of half messages-very frustrating.....but I guess for a free phone it works-I could make calls and text easily. I blocked the web because I kept bumping the button and being charged for it.
Camera is ok, not very quick and not a super clear pic, but it worked in a bind.

The touch screen is not like an Iphone or droid screen as it initially appears, it's not as sensitive to touch and definitely not as nice. This was something I thought I was getting with a "touch" screen.

Battery Life
the first year was amazing, after that the battery life did decrease, but I can still get 2 days out of it, but I don't send thousands of texts either and only have basic 450 min phone plan.

Despite dropping it, my screen and phone held up well to further trauma to it, surprisingly.

The thought behind this phone was great, the slider keyboard is nice to have since the touch doesn't work all that great.

Decent, but not comparable to a smart phone touch

from Clymer, PA

• Battery Life:

Awful phone! Do not Buy!!!!

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

I have had this phone for over a year. At first I loved it. I wanted a touchscreen phone but didn't want a smartphone. it was so easy to use in the beginning. And then 1 year later the touhscreen stopped working altogether. Took it in to try and get it fixed and they said there is nothing they can do. It's just old technology and we are out of luck... No I cant check text msgs or even see my contacts phone numbers. This phone is useless!!!

Fun and unique phone

from Centuria, WI

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

The Cosmos Touch Phone made by LG is absolutely fantastic. I am quite pleased with this purchase. It is great because it is touch screen and also had a slide open keypad which I love for texting. The touch allows easy access to apps and information and makes navigation simple. For those who like to facebook and twitter, this phone is loaded with options for wasy access. The camera has fun features and is easily accessible by the touch of a single button. This phone has mobile web access and a wide range of services. I really like the wuality of the pics in comparison to some other phones I have seen.

After almost a year of use, I dislike this model phone, this phone has given me multiple problems and constantly power cycles itself in the middle of an action. Irritating

Power cycles too much, (shuts off and comes back on) Internet browser is awful. Cute phone but no more than that

• Battery Life:

Durable and serves purpose, but glitchy and frustrating.

from Maineville, OH

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

Due to Verizon's very limited choices in non-data plan phones, I had only 4 phones to choose from when I decided to go in for my upgrade. The LG Cosmos Touch was not on display but mentioned to me by an associate who said it was a good phone and one of their more popular buys.

At first, I thought it was pretty snazzy and having a touch screen was a plus. I quickly realized that it was slow to respond and pocket dials more than I'd like --even if on "lock" mode, sending text messages is slow and difficult, and the QWERTY keyboard was not very efficient. On the plus side, the phone has nice covers, serves it's overall purpose, and is very durable to falls and bumps.

If you're looking for a non-data phone that texts, makes calls but has the touch feature, this would be a phone to consider, if available.

Touch screen is slow and prone to frequent selection error.

Battery Life
The battery life, like with most phones, is good for about a year and begins to fade.

• Battery Life:

Nice little phone, but keyboard doesn't hold up

from Valley Grove, WV

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

I like the phone ... easy to use ... QWERTY keboard is really nice for texting to my 18 year old son, however the print has worn off on several of the keys already and it's not even a year out of the box yet! Good thing I'm a typist and know the key layout or I'd be totally lost.

LG Cosmos touch is pretty basic.

from Mogadore, OH

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

This phone, just like all other phones, has it's pros and its cons. First off, it was cheap!! Nothing better than that am I right? With this phone, there is no fee for the internet that is mandatory. I can't afford internet and every phone but a flip phone required it :( but no this phone!! And it isn;t a lame phone either! It actually looks pretty sweet. It is a touch screen phone and it also has the Qwerty keyboard that slides out. Now this was my first touch phone so in my opinion it is pretty amazing. My boyfriend however feels that it is not very sensitive like his is. It was pretty easy to learn to manuever through this phone. It is great for texting and calling and that is what I do most. It is a nice size, it is small and fits in my pocket. And rarely butt dials people due to the touch screen. It has the lock factor. The only other complaint I have with this phone is there is no video recording. What phone in this century is made without the video feature? Oh well!

The LG Cosmos touch is a nice phone.

from Ambridge, PA

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

I recently got the LG Cosmos Touch cell phone. I needed a new phone, but didn't want to pay for a data plan. This is a nice phone and nice looking. It is a touch screen as well as a slider with full keyboard. I think this is one of it's best features. You can type on the touch screen or slide it out to type in numbers or letters on the keyboard. It has a nice look and all the normal features of cell phones. I was suprised that it has quite a few nice ringtones available. I use the calendar and alarm clock daily and they both work very well. It also has a nice camera. You can take people's pictures and just tap their picture to call them. You can use the touchscreen to swipe between three screens. On the main screen you can add shorcuts. A swipe to the left brings up your contact shortcuts. Swipe to the right brings up your recent text messages. The only problem with the phone is that it is easy to bump the buttons when you're not using the phone, but overall it's great.

the LG Cosmos is a middle of the line phone

from Lewisburg, PA

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

this is a good middle of the line phone. from my experience with phones, this phone is decent. it is better than most low production verizon phones, but at least at the moment there is a lot of glitches in the software that im finding. my phone once froze three times in a row when trying to do something simple and it wouldnt allow me to turn it off and i had to take the battery out. another software feature that i wish i could change is the fact that you have to use the physical qwerty. the fact that there is no external, virtual qwerty keypad.this is pretty disappointing, at least it is to me. obviously this phone cant compare to phones like the droid or iphone that are virtually error free, but i think that if lg put more time into this phone it could have been a lot better. lg probably also could have appointed more memory for ram because the reaction of when you touch something is terribly slow.

Psycho touch screen

from New York, NY

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

I got this phone without doing my homework.  It has been returned and am back with the new EnV phone.  Problems- touch screen is psycho.  It asked if I would like to read the message and it went straight to the reply screen.  So, I'd have to close out (opting not to save) and go back into messages.  The texting pad is great if a) you don't text and b) you have Thumbelina's fingers.  Did I mention the keys required different pressure so you didn't end up with three EEE's or no E's?  As to pocket dials- highly common.  The phone dialed everyone in the book whose last name started with B.  And minorly, if you want to put in an emoticon, you'd aim for the smiley face, you'd end up with a flower.  You'd aim for the frowny face, you'd end up with the middle finger.

This one needs

This phone frustrates me!

from Marion, OH

Comments about LG - Cosmos Touch VN270 Cell Phone:

Recently I upgraded my phone from a Blackberry (didn't use the data package enough to justify the expense of it) and the Verizon store only had 3 choices for non data phones.  I ended up with the Cosmos Touch.  On the positive the touch screen works fine, its a nice size to carry and I absolutely love the Querty keyboard that slides out and this phone is super easy to use.  Now, on the downside, this phone doesn't always respond quickly.  Sometimes it seems like you have to wait forever to send a text.  I also don't think the reception is as good as my blackberry was.  The camara on this phone is horrible (or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet).  Now for the worst part - the phone seems to shut itself off sometimes for no reason like when I'm in the middle of sending or reading a text.  No idea why it does this.  It just shuts itself off and immediately back on again.  Once it froze up on me and it took about an hour for it to work again - phone was unresponsive and wouldn't turn off.  All of these problems and have only had the phone for about 2 weeks.  About ready to take it back to verizon!