View more cell phones

Other Cell Phones:
LG
VX8500
LG - Chocolate Cell Phone

Summary

LG's mobile treat, the VX-8500 Chocolate offers minimalist-inspired style and a silky-smooth slider design. Deluxe features include support for V Cast Music, glowing touch-sensitive navigation keys, a powerful integrated music/video player, a 1.3 megapixel camera/camcorder, stereo Bluetooth capabilities, and a microSD memory slot for extra storage. If you value extreme style mixed with powerful substance, this is the phone for you.

LG - Chocolate Cell Phone

3.3

Pros

Cons

My Son HAD TO Have A Chocolate.....Cell Phone, That is!

**Verizon LG Chocolate**

**Verizon LG Chocolate**

This month our **Verizon **phone contracts were up, which means that we got to pick out new phones and renew our contract.    Since my Son is on our family plan, it meant he got to pick out a new phone, too.  He kept talking about a "**Chocolate**".  The "**Chocolate**" is so cool.  I hope I can get a "**Chocolate**".    I had no idea what he was talking about.  Maybe he was speaking in Mumma code, so that I could relate?  Who knows.

We arrive at our local **Verizon Store** and like the dramatic scenes in movies where the two lovers spot each other from afar and run towards each other, he had found his **CHOCOLATE**!  It nearly brought tears to my eyes.

After talking to the customer service agent and confirming that he was, indeed, eligible for the **Chocolate phone**, I asked what the hype was about this particular phone.   I was told that this phone was marketed for the Teens and appeals to them since it can be used as an Ipod, it has this annoying vibrating feature, it slides up and down, is compact, has an excellent camera and really cool graphics.

**LIGHTBULB MOMENT**: It hits me why he wanted a "**Chocolate**"....everyone else his age has one!  Typical teenager.

He got his **Chocolate** phone, I am the best Mom in the world and we are on our way home.  After a little while I was feeling a little hungry and asked him to bring me the "**chocolate**". I wanted to see for myself why it was so cool.  Maybe I'm OLD or just not COOL, but I don't see what's so great about it.  The buttons on the front vibrate when you use them and it kinda freaked me out.  It's small and it felt weird when I held it to my ear but then again, I'm not a teenager....so maybe it fits them better?  Who knows?

What I do know is that my Son loves his **LG Chocolate phone by Verizon**.  SInce he received it, he hasn't had any problems with connectivity, dropped calls, photos, the ipod feature, etc.

He loves it and gives it 2 teenage thumbs up!

The original LG Chocolate VX8500 disappointed me big time.

***Quick View:*** I am a huge fan of LG cell phones but the **LG - Chocolate VX8500 Cell Phone** really disappointed me. I finally just went and upgraded and I am so glad to say adios to my little red trouble maker of a phone.***About the LG - Chocolate VX8500 Cell Phone***I am not going to get all techy and list all the features of this phone. It does have a music player and a so-so camera. It is feature rich although my Black Cherry phone lacks a speakerphone which is pretty basic. The phone is small and rectangular and the top slides up to reveal a small keyboard. The keyboard is one of my biggest complaints. It's small, hard to see, and is so sensitive that I often end up dialing three of one number just by touching a key. There is a sensitivity monitor that one can adjust but mine still screwed up all the time. I am hearing impaired but can easily talk on the phone with no hearing devices. I still wanted to get a hearing aid compatible phone in case the need arose. This is but my hearing aids don't pick up that it is so I never used the two together. This phone's ringers are so low that I can never tell when I am getting a call (with or without hearing aids in). Even at maximum volume, if my phone is in my purse or even next to me and I have music on, I can't tell it's ringing. I have tried my own ring tones as well as the built in ones all to no avail.Actually talking on the phone really isn't a big issue. The volume is average. I am not thrilled with the design, having to place my face against the screen and keyboard but it suffices.I find the circular touch pad (like an iPod controller) to be extremely annoying. I will TRY to get to where I want to go but for some reason, the phone takes me where IT wants to go. It just seems like everything is more complicated than it needs to be and that the phone is so sensitive to the touch that it has to be babied.I got this phone when I decided I needed a good clear, loud phone. I didn't realize that I already had one in my LG7000. I think I just wanted a cool new phone. I get like that every so often. The salesman at the Verizon store almost forced me into the phone telling me how great it was and how it was the loudest, clearest, and easiest phone to use that I could find. I bought it literally and figuratively and have been sorry ever since. I just don't like much about the phone but the deep red color. I'm disappointed in the sound quality, the ring tone volume, the extremely touchy keypad, the touchy wheel, and the camera quality (although I know many cameras have cruddy cameras). Battery life is good though. It lasts a couple of days on standby and I can talk for about three hours straight before it poops out. Still, I am so glad I finally ditched my **LG - Chocolate VX8500 Cell Phone **for a different LG phone. I was going crazy trying to simply make a call on the Chocolate. It does have a load of features but I don't need all that. I want good sound, ample volume controls, a speakerphone, a music player, ease of use, and not a heck of a lot else. The Chocolate has a lot of things but not the things I need!This review is for the original **LG - Chocolate VX8500 Cell Phone**. I think that one is now discontinued (But you can get one on the net.) and they have gone to a third generation (after going to a second generation) Chocolate which is supposedly much better. ***My Viewpoint***The origina**l LG - Chocolate VX8500 Cell Phone** is sleek and cool but it's annoying as well. The keypad and controls are touchy, the volume isn't good enough (for me at least), and the lack of a speakerphone is disappointing. The features are fine, the music player is decent, and some people adore this phone. I didn't. In fact, it's the worst cell phone I have owned and I have been using cell phones since they were wired into cars and the size of a bread box!*** 2 stars from me.*** Adios, Cherry Chocolate. I won't miss ya!

Lots of Fun!!!

from everett, MA

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

i have had this phone for a few weeks and so far i am in love with it. the touch screen is fun and there are lots of features that you can play with. exciting phone and new things to find all the time

Nice but not nice enough for the price.

from Washougal, WA

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

There are cheaper phones that last longer than this phone. This device gets water in the battery easily. After that the buttons don't work at all. It also does things that you did not command if its in your pocket.

It's a good phone, but not my favorite.

from Richmond, VA

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

Features: All Digital Phone, 1.3 Megapixel, Camera/Camcorder, Bluetooth Capable, MicroSD Memory Port, V CAST Music, V CAST Video, Music Player (supports MP3 and WMA formats), Send vCard to another Bluetooth Capable Device, VZ Navigator Capable, Touch Sensitive Navigation Keys, Built-in Music Player with Customizable Player Themes, Bluetooth Stereo Headset Support

This phone keeps calls well, and has lasted 2 years, not to mention I LOVE the minty green color. However, it's very sensitive and it's easy to drop your call or put your call on speakerphone at the worst possible time, like when you're driving down the interstate and can't sit there and look at your phone to figure out what's wrong. Also the "END" button is on the side right where you hold the phone so if you're not careful you'll constantly hang up on people. At first I hated the phone but now I'm used to it. But when other people borrow my phone they hate it.

Don't pay full retail for this phone.

from Patrick Afb, FL

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

This phone is ok. I have not really had any problems with it but the one thing that is really annoying is when you talk and your cheek hits the button on the front of the phone and tends to move on to other options while talking.

Great phone!

from Hamtramck, MI

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

The battery life is one of the best! I charge the phone maybe every week to week and a half. If not in use the batter re-charges, don't know how, one bar! Plus, it has all the perks needed for entertainment and work!

nice phone

from Walden, NY

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

this phone is the lg chocolate from verizon wireless. It has many functions and is perfect for somebody who needs something semi basic, it is not hard to work. It can also have many other features put on to it for a more complicated phone.

A Total Piece of Crap

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

My LG chocolate has had to be replaced 7 times in the past 1.5 years. The charging mechanism falls out, the hard drive has fried a couple of times, it just goes completely crazy and then dies on me. This is the worst phone I've ever had in my entire life. The sound quality is not that great, the camera on it sucks, and it's not worth the money. I cannot wait until my 2 year agreement is up. Do not EVER get this phone. It will be the biggest waste of money ever and the most frustrating phone you'll ever deal with!

Cannot navigate

from Hanover, NH

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

This phone is impossible to operate. It does not register my commands...the "ok" button rarely (one in twenty attempts) responds to touch. Thankfully there are sometimes numerical menus (or I would never get anything done).Not a phone to have in a pinch.

Decent phone overall.......main issue is too sensitive keypad.

from Ozark, IL

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

I like how the phone slides to shut & open. Definitely like the color selections they have for it. I would probably buy the new release of the chocolate since the keypad on it isn't as sensitive & more like a normal keypad. To me the keypad is like one big keypad & each number/letter isn't an individual button. If you don't text a lot then its not that big of a deal & my 4 yr old can use the phone to talk on easily enough. I was excited to finally get my "pink" phone & am glad I have this phone. Would recommend it to friends but tell them to get the newer ones with the less sensitive keypads instead.

LG-Chocolate-Okay in the beginning but....

from Turnerville, GA

Comments about LG - Chocolate Cell Phone:

I received my strawberry chocolate in April of 07 and it was great!  The touch pad is a bit sensetive but once you get used to it, it is okay.  Now the problem, the touch pad is getting where the keys do not respond at all when you touch them.  I would think that this was just a thing with my particular phone, but my daughter has a cherry chocolate and she is having the same problem.  Bottom line, no chocolate for us next time around.