View more cell phones

CU400
LG - Cell Phone

LG - Cell Phone

3.6

The LG-CU400 is a great basic phone.

The LG-CU400 is a great basic phone for making calls and taking a few good pictures. It has other options available for those who need them. It is Blackberry capable for connecting the phone to your computer for downloading and uploading pictures either from the phone to the computer or from the computer to the phone. It has the speaker option to use instead of holding it to you ear or if you wanted someone else in the room to join in the conversion. It has the Push-to-Call option for those of you who need it. It has full internet capabilites for email, surfing the web etc., altho the screen is a little to small to take full advantage of the feature as compared to newer, better phones. All in all the CU400 is a dependable basic phone for those among us who really just need a phone that will work when needed, and do what a phone is supposed to do, make and recieve phone calls. I have had mine for years now and I wouldn't leave home without it. It also comes in all my favorite colors, "Basic Black" . I like my phone.

Finally a phone that we both love and my husband can't break

I upgraded to this phone for my husband and myself a while ago.  I had prior experience with LG and it was the best phone that I had ever had.  I've been a cell phone user for the past 8 years and worked with Verizon, AT&T Wireless, and Cingluar.

I love the quality of LG phones.  Theyare reliable, compact, and durable.  Durability is a big plus since my husband tends to drop his on a regular basis - he has destroyed Nokias, Motorolas, and Sony Ericssons but not this LG.  The sound quality is great and the speaker phone is loud enough to be heard easily and clearly.  Music is crystal clear as well which is great for your ringtones.  I heard that you can download entire songs to it but I haven't been successful with that yet.

We no longer use alarm clocks and our paper calendars are just back ups because everything goes into the phone.  We can set multiple appointments with alarms as well as regular recurring alarms to wake us each morning.  And, though I am technically competent, my husband is just barely a user and he can do this on his own so I don't have to play secretary any more.  He also uses it to check his AOL e-mail account - another task that I don't have to worry about.  Unfortunately, there are preset ISPs supported so I am unable to check my comcast.net account, but it's still a nice and convenient feature.

I like the camera because it takes nice pics but you have to make sure that you hold it still or the shot will be blurry.  Same with the video recorder.  Unfortunately, as people of color, we tend to need a bit more light to make us visible in some shots (such as when my husband is performing in a club) and this phone does not have a flash.  I guess if one thing needs to be added, this is it.  It would make all the pics better.

I don't use the push to talk (PTT) feature because with Cingular/AT&T you have to pay more for it and since we already have unlimited mobile to mobile minutes, there's really no point in that.  Oh yeah, and the demo games are nice - Diner Dash and Tetris, perfect for a phone anywhere and anytime.

Overall, I really like this phone.  It's compact, durable, nice pic quality, great sound, fun to play with, and functional.  The next step up from here should be a PDA or other smart phone.

The LG C400 is a durable phone, but does not get good reception

from Lansford, PA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

My LG 3400 is one of the most durable phones I have ever owned. It has survived being dropped, gotten wet, and even thrown by my 2 yr old son. It has many convenient features, like the camera, texting and even things like an alarm clock and calendar. My only problem with this phone is that I dont get as good reception on it as I have with previous phones.

Mediocre entry level phone

from Riverside, RI

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

My wife and I had just renewed our contract with AT&T and upgraded our cell phones. I purchased the LG C400 which was free after mail in rebates. Unfortunately they sent the rebate money in the form of a credit card which expires after a certain amount of time. The phone itself is pretty slick looking but the features are very limited. You do get a camera that takes some pretty good photos as well as video capabilities. The ringtones are limited and not very catchy. As for the games, there are quite a few but they are all demo games that shut you off after a certain amount of time. If you're looking for a good entry level phone, this may be the phone for you.

It's a great phone! Awesome discount.

from Milford, NJ

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This is a great cell phone.  It is easy to set up and negotiate.  The service is great.  Although that is probably through the carrier.  The price was awesome through Cingular.  Great phone.  I would definately recommend it.

A good phone that works well most of the time.

from Blytheville, AR

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This seems to be a quality phone, although the picture quality leaves a little bit to be desired. The signal drops out occasionally, but that doesn't seem to be a function of the phone itself. I don't subscribe to all the features that the phone is capable of, but it seems to work well.

Easy to use and trouble free.

from Manassas, VA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

Great little phone. I don't need much on a phone, but what I use works well. The battery stays charged much longer than any of my other phones. It's so easy to use that my wife doesn't have to bother me on details when she uses it. This phone is worry free for me, also. I am on a transplat waiting list, and have many medical problems that require me to be on to recieve calls 24/7. Since switching to this phone I have only missed 1 important call compared to dozens with the two other brands that I had.

Low cost and great value.

from Kent, OH

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

The LG CU400 phone is a great quality for the price. I love the phones camera quality. The quality of the pictures that are being taken is better than the Razr. I believe this is because the phone is especially used for the camera and music use only. The phone is easily compatible with a lap top or stationary computer. The video recorder is easily useable and high quality. The phone has maximum use only under a plan. The phone has great sound. It can hold many MP3 ring tones and videos. I love the Push To Talk feature for my family. I know if I can contact my family and not get charged the usage that I usually do. Also the instant messager is fast and orderly. I highly recommend this cell phone.

good phone, great for getting online..

from Chickamauga, GA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I bought this phone through AT&T (got it free after rebate) with main intentions for tethering an interconection through the phone to my laptop. and I must say I am very impressed, I travel a lot and have used the phone as my main source of internet for my laptop, even whilst actually moving! It works just about everywhere, and works especially great in  3G areas. I opted for this after I found that with an air card you will need to sign a contract, with this you can cancel anytime and a LOT less start up fee is involved.

Sweet Phone

from Santee, CA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I know most people are drooling over the IPhone these days, but for those of us who dont really care about the IPhone, this is a great substitute.

I find that the applications are just what I need and it has all the buttons and whistles I was looking for. The camera is a 2.0 megapixel and it takes some good pictures for a phone. The flash is a great option.. I didnt have one for my last phone.

Some other pluses are the touch screen and the slide out QWERTY keyboard. I like navigating the applications and directories with the touch screen and the case I bought protects this option really well.

The keyboard is very user friendly and is much easier to navigate than my old phone... I had to push a button numerous times to get to the letter I wanted. This makes for much faster texting.

Once I learned how the blue tooth file transfer worked, it made transferring my old pictures off my old phone a snap. The optional memory card is a huge bonus for those of us who keep all kinds of stuff on our phones.

Reliable with good features

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I've had an LG - CU4000 for 3 and half years now. It still works well, with only a few quirks. The side buttons on the body of the phone that control the volume have stopped working. I did use those buttons a lot, so I guess I'm not surprised.

One quirk is that if the phone is off when someone calls and doesn't leave a voicemail, it won't tell me someone called when I turn it back on. However, if someone does leave a voicemail it will give me a voicemail notification (when I turn it back on). I don't have a clue why it does this, maybe all phones do that?

The camera is fairly nice (average among cell phones I believe) with a decent amount of storage.

One purely superficial negative is that it has really cheesy ringtones. Some people care, some people don't.

All in all though, I'd say it's a phone worth having if you want a basic phone with no frills. It's been dropped countless times and after 3 and a half years, it still works.

The LG-CU400 is a great basic phone.

from Little Elm, TX