View more cell phones

LG - Cell Phone

LG - Cell Phone

4.1

Love it!

I really like this phone. It's not as flashy as some of the other new phones right now, such as the Voyager or the Venus, but it works great for my needs. The sound quality is great, and it has an expandable media card slot, for a micro sd card, so you can add as much music as you want. I have a 2gb card in right now, so my iPod has pretty much been on the backburner since I got this phone. The only small annoyance is that the camera button is high up on the side of the phone and I tend to push it by accident quite frequently. The other con is that there is no hold button, so when you are listening to music it's possible to bump one of the buttons on the front of the phone and pause/ skip tracks on accident. Other than that I really love it - the picture and video quality are great and it works perfect for my needs. I've never been someone who needs to have the newest, most expensive phone, and I find that this one has almost all the options of the flashier more expensive phones for a much lower price.

Great while it works, but it was made to break.

As an eighteen year old, having a cell phone is important to me. (There, I made the joke first!) This Verizon Wireless LG8350 flip phone (in red of course) was my second cell phone. While it was in use, it was great. The keypad was big enough to text and the buttons weren't too loud when pressed...great for use under the desk in high school. The built-in camera took pictures and video with zooming capabilities, the quality wasn't great but it wasn't too bad either. The phone also had Vcast capabilities but I never used it. The memory space of the phone was great, as at one point I had over two hundred pictures on the thing. Also, the inbox and outbox for texting allows one hundred messages max. Personally, my phone dropped alot of calls but that's probably more of a problem with Verizon than the phone itself.

YOU MUST READ BELOW THIS LINE FIRST BEFORE PURCHASING THIS PHONE

After having my phone for just over a year, it decided it wanted to break in half. Literally, the top part of the flip phone just fell off one day. A month later, my mom's phone of the same model did the same exact thing. When we brought hers into the Verizon store, the extremely helpful clerk told us how every phone of this model does the same thing. Essentially, the moment you buy this phone it's doomed. Therefore, I cannot recommend this product, your money is better spent with quality, lasting products. Good luck on your phone search!

takes a lickin' and keeps on ringin'

from Landisburg, PA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I am not a cell phone person - if it went missing and I never found it I wouldn't care.  However, I have it and this seems like a good basic phone.  It is not all fancy pants.  You can text with it but would be a bit time consuming if you are long winded - good for short stuff,  with a telephone key pad conversion (ex 2 = abc etc).  As I said in my tag line takes a lickin and keeps on ringin is very true for this phone - it has taken the brunt of my anger somedays and has been lauched into wall a few times, once resulting the back cover coming off and the battery popping out.  Put it back together, turned it on and it was fine.  I can't talk to water resistance as I haven't submerged it, yet!  Camera feature is ok takes decent pictures for a phone.  Though I do need to clean out all of the "purse" pictures from it sometimes.  There is a camera button on the side of the phone that will activate it and then also take pictures, that is probably one of the few things I don't really like about it.  Is bluetooth capable as well.  overall if you just want something basic then this is a good phone.

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

The phone works like it is supposed to.

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

I have never had a problem with dropped calls or loss of signal any where ins Florida where I live. The phone has more capabilities than I use due to costs but it has done eveything I have asked of it.

Slim, nice little phone, good reception, bad quality camera.

from Ridgewood, NJ

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

Call clarity is top notch, love reading texts on outside.  Not as substantial as you'd expect, but a solid little phone. Pictures come out horrible because of no flash, but I have a separate digital camera if I really want nice photos.  Raised keys make the keypad easier to operate, screens (inside and outside) are great, and the reception is as good as any phone I've have since the VX4400.  My only real complaints: the phone is hard to open in a hurry.  I've missed calls and hung up on people if i didn't open it at just the right angle.  Additionally, the vibrate is very weak, and I don't always notice it, even when the phone is in my pocket.Overall this is a great cell phone if you are looking for full feature packed and a small price tag.

nice job

from Beaver, PA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

Good Value for Your buck. Outside of the phone lacking little flashlight for the camera, everything seems to be better then VX 8300. So far so goo (and i'm pretty hard on my phones). I like the features it gives me for my money. Like durability and ability to withstand regular (and beyond) wear and tear.

Decent phone but it has some flaws

from Kokomo, IN

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

Lightweight phone with decent feature set, however, I have used the speakerphone frequently, and the phone screeches terribly.  Battery life is horrid.  I don't use my phone more than 60 minutes a day, but the battery needs to be recharged each night.

this is a great cell phone

from Davenport, IA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

hi cowboyjoe,just got my first cell phone an lg trackphone. i just buy minutes every so often no contract. no monthly bill. It is easy to use, i have it mostly for emergenices,but still it is good to have. i need one that is very simple and this is it. fits in a pocket very nicely. when i am out walking it goes with me. mom`s car is old so now when we do errands there is peace of mind in case of a breakdown.this phone does it`s job in an uncomplicated way. no fancy stuff. but i am safe and have peace of mind and security when i am out and about. the ring is a nice musical tone,not too loud. i am stiil using it and learning,but this is a good one .reasonably priced. only need to buy minutes as needed, so no contract.no bill. i have had this only three months so it is still new. it does have a camera feature that i am still learning. it is a good phone for a person who needs one for emergenices,or other reasons.

OK, but you need to constantly recharge the battery.

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

The LG VX8350 is a basic cell phone that allows me to make calls, send text, take photos and add more apps as needed.  Overall, the phone gets the basic job done.

The downside is that the phone needs to get re-charged often even though I don't use it all the time, i.e., average use is about 5 minutes a day.  The phone is perfect for someone who doesn't need all the fancy apps, just the basics.

The LG-VX8350 will break, not if, but when.

from Layton, UT

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

My wife and I both got on a Verizon plan and received two of these phones to start off with. Let me be clear, while the phone works, its a great phone for those of us who don't really care about a lot of bells and whistles. If you want a phone with a good sound, and reliable to send and receive, this phone is great. However, and this is a big caveat, this phone will break. Its clear they made this for a bottom of the line phone that would last past the, "sorry we won't replace it for free" time period. First my wife's phone, and then mine both broke in the exact same spot on the hinge. These phones were not abused or over used, we don't text, and most of our calls were back and forth to one another. Not a high usage phone. Highly frustrating to have to replace two phones, won't be likely to trust LG for another flip phone.

Tough little phone

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

This LG - VX8350 Cell Phone is a little workhorse! My son gave this phone to me after he was finished using it. It was still in pristine condition even after he used it for two years. When he sent it to me I was worried that the color on the surface of the phone would scratch or that the battery would be losing life since he had used it for two years but it has been able to withstand dropping, bumping, spinning, weather, water splashes and my grandkids biting it! It hold a charge for two days unless I am on it constantly. The texting feature is so easy to use. I always use it with T9 Word and it really makes it useable even to us of the older generation. It has easy function buttons, a great little camera that makes it easy to send picture messages and it is so small it fits nicely in my purse or pocket. The finish does not scrape or scratch easily. The sound is loud enought for me to hear but it is not annoying! Sometimes however if the buttons are smashed in my purse it plays music spontaineously making me think that someone is calling.

LG VX8350 is a simple yet durable phone

from Tallmadge, OH

Comments about LG - Cell Phone:

The LG VX8350 is not a super exciting phone.  It is a pain to use the web, it doesn't have a full keyboard for texting, and it's not a touch screen.  But for those of us (like me) who want a phone for the purpose of talking to people -- it is a fantastic phone!

Looks-wise, this phone is small and compact.  It has a nice screen on the outside for checking the time or viewing messages (texts, missed calls, caller id, etc.) without having to flip it open.  I have the red one (it also comes in dark blue), which gives the phone a little more of a fun look.

As far as features, the phone does include web capability, but it is slow and tedious to use.  It has a 1.3 megapixel camera, which comes in handy and takes decent pictures.  It also has a built-in mp3 player with really good sound for such an inexpensive phone.  Finally, it takes a miniSD card, so you can store lots of photos, ringtones, etc.

As far as voice quality, this phone is superb.  It rarely encounters interference (which would be more of a network problem than a phone problem anyway).  Voices are clear on both ends of the call.

The battery life on this phone is pretty good, although I did have to replace the battery after about 2 years.

Finally, this phone is surprisingly durable.  I have dropped it on several occasions (a couple times on concrete!) and it still works fine!  It just has some scratches from the falls.  Once, I forgot it was in my pocket and, upon coming in from the rain, threw my jeans in the dryer.  When I heard the loud banging noise of my phone bouncing around in the hot dryer, I realized what I had accidently done and I retrieved it (it had been in the dryer for about 10 minutes!).  It still worked fine and didn't even turn off in the dryer!

I have been extremely satisfied with this phone.  If you are looking for a high-tech, features-loaded phone, it's probably not for you, but for those who just want a good quality phone, it's been a great product!