4.8
LG
LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer

LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer

4.8

Pros

• Large capacity (8)
  • Adjustable temperature (7)
  • Easy to use (7)
  • Energy efficient (6)
  • Quiet (4)

Cons

• Loud (4)
  • Hard to clean (3)

• Bulky items (8)
  • Everyday clothes (7)
  • Delicate (5)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (5)
  • Towels (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (5), Frequent user (4)
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Amazing capacity, decent performance

The capacity of this machine is excellent - combined with the large capacity washer, it saves our family so much time by enabling us to do fewer, larger loads in a week. We also often throw in a wet load and wait the 40 minutes it takes for the washer to finish another load and throw them into the dryer together.
You can select "very dry", but the default is "regular dry". I actually find this to be a con, as I would expect "regular dry" to, you know, actually come out dry, but I often find that if I forget to select the very dry function, some clothes in the load come out SLIGHLY damp, despite the sensor - but, again, this can be avoided if you remember to select extra dry.
The dryer comes with a stationary shelf for drying items that should not be spun (ie: shoes that would be too clunky, hockey equipment that is too bulky, etc) this is a great feature, but the shelf is a little large to store.
As with the washer, the available colors are cute and add style to your laundry room - ours is a shiny candy apple red and it makes our tiny laundry room seem a little less drab.
As a final note - the lint drawer is extremely easy to access and clean. I've had other dryers where this was not the case, so it's a nice feature to have on this dryer!

i love to buy it again

it's very nice and easy to use awesome
just buy it

it's very nice and easy to use awesome
just buy it

Beautifl Dryer :-

Beautifl Dryer :-
It has a lot of features and options to choose for your drying needs, but it is still very easy to use for a basic dry time. It has a large drum so you can easily dry large loads of laundry, and it actually dries your clothes and laundry pretty quickly. I can easily fit a king size quilt in it to dry and still have some room. It is also very quiet, and I have to check on it to make sure I did turn it on, and even to see if it is done drying, as I do not like using the signal alarm on it for when the cycle is done. I love this dryer and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new dryer.and The settings are easy to navigate and not too fancy or complicated. The large capacity is amazing for my family .

My Dream Dryer

from Dallas, TX

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

Since I was a little girl, I always wanted someone to invent a dryer that would let me watch the clothes tumbling around. Now that I have my own small children, I'm so thankful for my LF 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer...it's almost like a built-in babysitter! The only problem is that I'm just as fascinated watching the clothes tumble as my boys are. I guess it provides great family bonding.
I have always used the "old school" regular dryers. After a number of experiences with heating elements going out, I decided to finally upgrade to something a bit more digital and computerized. I was nervous at first, I'll admit.
I chose LG because I have had great experiences with that brand in other arenas including TVs and cell phones (pre-smart phone days).
The settings are easy to navigate and not too fancy or complicated.
The large capacity is amazing for my family of four. My husband goes through a lot of clothes being a coach and with my working in a gym, the sweat abounds!

Great dryer!

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

I love this dryer! I have this in my garage as my second dryer, and it works great! It has a lot of features and options to choose for your drying needs, but it is still very easy to use for a basic dry time. It has a large drum so you can easily dry large loads of laundry, and it actually dries your clothes and laundry pretty quickly. I can easily fit a king size quilt in it to dry and still have some room. It is also very quiet, and I have to check on it to make sure I did turn it on, and even to see if it is done drying, as I do not like using the signal alarm on it for when the cycle is done. I love this dryer and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new dryer.

Load Capacity
It has a very large drum to fit large loads of laundry, a quilt or several pillows in it to dry.

It works great, is very quiet and gets the laundry dried pretty quickly.

Very easy to use, even with all of the features and options it provides.

Good, solid Lg dryer

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

Only dryer I have ever owned. I have nothing to compare it to, but it has lasted a long time. It has never broken or caused any problems, but it can get loud if the load is too small. It holds all that I need but may not be enough for large families. Overall good, inexpensive product. I would recommend it to any person in need of a dryer. :)

Load Capacity
Holds all that I need, but larger families may need more space. Good for small spaces, and would always be good in any spaces.

Can get loud at some times, but works fine and has never broken. I have no Idea what someone would ask to see if it is wrong, but I myself can not think of anything.

Anyone could use it, never needed repair, and is a simple, straight-forward machine.

Haven't had any problems with it breaking. I may not use it enough.

It looks like a dryer, nothing special, but certainly nothing bad. There is no flaws I can think of, but it is no revolutionary design or art piece.

Warm, Fresh Clothing

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

While not being the most high-tech dryer out there, it's a really well-built and easy-to-use dryer!

Load Capacity
I have a lot of friends that like borrowing my dryer. So for the most part they like sharing it, so huge loads usually end up in it. It's always able to dry the clothing well even with the huge loads. I also like drying 1-2 large comforters in it and it holds up well!

The clothes always come out dry as can be. There have been times where I have had to dry them more than needed, but it's quite alright. It usually does a great job and doesn't stick lint together or give me any problems for the most part.

Pop the clothing in and turn it on! Of course just select your setting but that is pretty self explanatory in any dryer.

Before I replaced this dryer for a new one, I had it for over 2 years and it lasted great. Now my friends have it and it's still doing a great job!

Now it may not be the newest dryer, but I really wish that it had the buttons in an area that wouldn't need me to bend down or step back to look at them. Being a somewhat tall person doesn't really help. I also wish that it maybe had like a digital time display. I feel that it has a pretty standard design, and I do like that it opens in the side instead of the top, so that's a plus.

Best upgrade

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

We bought this for a replacement for are older one about a year ago. This is an amazing machine. I feel like I have so much in my hands to make all of my stuff cleaner with the powerful machine. Its very energy efficient and I can finish a day of laundry in just one day compared to my older washing machine. This makes it so easy to actually get stuff done and not just wait around for clothes to get clean. I also find myself not rewashing stuff that’s really dirty or has stains. This comes in handy when you have a family that likes to get really dirty. I feel like I’m in the future with all these controls to, there’s just so many features to choose from that it’s overwhelming. Even with all the buttons though it is really easy to use and you start to get used to it. The sound is also very nice you can barely even hear it standing right next to it. I recommend this to anyone that is busy and need to get laundry done fast and easy.

• Load Capacity:

Great dryer and long lasting

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

We purchased this dryer when we built our house 8 years ago. We have never had any issues with it and it works just as well as the day we bought it. It dries our clothes very evenly and in the least amount of time. We bought the extended warranty, but have not used it once. We clean out the lint trap after each cycle and I believe that keeps the dryer working at top performance. I would recommend this brand of dryer to anyone looking for a fair priced machine that works well and long lasting.

Load Capacity
It handles large loads very well and dries evenly. I have used this dryer for my king sized comforter and it handled it very well.

Never any problems and is almost 9 years old.

Very easy to use, my 8 year old daughter can understand what cycles to use the type of load that is drying.

This dryer is very durable and I have never had one issue in over 8 years.

I use this dryer along with the matching washer and pedestals, they fit great in my laundry room and are very easy to use.

• Load Capacity:

Cuts Drying Time in Half!

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

We were in a bit of a pinch when our old dryer quit and needed to replace it quickly. I wanted a dryer that offered moisture control drying, larger load capacity, and quiet. I also wanted the flexibility to choose from several drying times/clothing types. I was very impressed with the LG-DLE2240W-Electric-Dryer for two important reasons - company reputation and the price!

Load Capacity
Load capacity is large enough to adequately dry a very large load without crushing the clothes and extending the drying time. This dryer does a great job of handling a full load of our towels, jeans, and even my blankets.

With the LG-DLE2240W-Electric-Dryer, my drying time has been cut in half! And more importantly, it does a great job of tumbling the clothes and they come out looking good - not crushed! We have our dryer on the main floor, just off our kitchen, so I wanted one that was loud and this is it! Nice and quiet. I have used all the various drying cycles and have been very impressed with how the moisture control feature adjusts the time accordingly. I have noticed that if it initially calls for 30 minutes, but the clothes are dry, it can actually only take 23 minutes! Saves on electricity and time!

Super Easy to operate! Offers a wide range of drying cycles to choose from. Large drum makes it easy to load clothes. The dryer vent is easy to clean!

Very durable and looks great after HOURS of use. My last dryer had push buttons and over a short period of time, they began to wear off and peel. This dryer has taken a beating with SEVERAL loads and the buttons still look like NEW.

The design is pretty basic, but looks clean and sleek. When I needed to replace my dryer, my washing machine was still working good, so there is a slight difference in the styles between the two. I like the way my LG-DLE2240W-Electric-Dryer looks and it offers a large area to fold clothes.

Love it

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

Definitely worth the upgrade. Speed, features, size. Our old dryer died and we needed a quick replacement. The speed of drying cycles is great, and the moisture sensor works very well. Only note on that is the countdown to dry is not always correct, as the moisture meter will do a reading and re-set the time to higher. However, hands off and does not require checking for dryness.

Works wonderfully. Quiet (except on high spin setting), and dries clothes very quickly, so we can run more loads in a day.

Straightforward use, though spin cycle can be too much when used on high setting. Otherwise, settings are great and easy to use.

Brand new, so we will see. I expect it to last a long time. Good warranty as well.

Difficult for short people to reach top buttons when machines are stacked with the washer. Other than that, the front loading unit and stacking capability work very well.

A very reliable dryer.

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity Electric Dryer:

This is the sturdiest, easiest to use, most reliable dryer I have ever owned. Just outstanding performance on this machine. The front loading feature makes large loads a breeze. I swear it takes half the time to dry my clothes as previous machines I have owned. It is also really quiet, which I love. I have owned mine over three years and I think it will last me four times that long.