Other Clothes Dryers:
LG
DLGX7188RM
LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer

LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer

Pros

• Adjustable temperature (3)

Cons

I love the Steam Function On This Dryer

I don't have any real complaints about this dryer in the two years we have owned it. It has performed to my expectations.

Load Capacity
I probably fill it beyond its...Read complete review

Load Capacity
I probably fill it beyond its 'expected capacity' and it still performs.

some times my definition of 'dry' and the machines definition of 'dry' are a bit off.

Very simple to use. I love the 'play/pause' button to start and stop the machine. I also LOVE that it sings a song to you when it is finished. So much nicer that the annoying BUZZ that other dryers have. Good Job JG!

No problems in 2 years of use with my family of five. We even cloth diaper so we use ours a bit more than the rest.

just got one

Just got one for my new apartment. Love the vibrant color and the sleek looks. It fits perfectly into my tiny closet. Performance is top notch. and I was impressed by how much clothes I can fit in there! From the looks you could never tell that all the clothes would fit, easily two loads from my washer machine. Definitely recommend!

just got mine

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

Just got one for my new house. Love the vibrant color and the sleek looks. It fits perfectly into my tiny linen closet. Performance is top notch. and I was impressed by how much clothes I can fit in there! From the looks you could never tell that all the clothes would fit, easily two loads from my washer machine. Definitely recommend!

Dryer is just ok

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

I cannot get my clothes dry every load. My socks and waist bands are always still damp. The dryer will also stop the load sooner than the time it initially says. I have the extended warranty and have called the service tech out numerous times beginning the second week I owned the machine. I just keep getting told that its the sensor and its sensing the clothes are dry. Tis is apparently something that can't be fixed? The store we bought from wouldn't allow us to return or exchange it either. We have changed the cord in the back and blew out our lint traps and there is still no difference. I feel like I'm wasting electricity by having to run my dryer several times to get each load dry. It's not like I'm drying a ton of clothes each load either. I gave it 7 stars because I do like that I can put my king size comforter in this dryer but I am annoyed that it literally takes at least 5 cycles to get it dry. I have to pull the comforter out and rearrange it after each cycle or it will take more than 5 cycles. I don't know if I just got a lemon or what.

• Load Capacity:

We call it the smart dryer

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

We upgraded to this dryer after we had children and had the need for something bigger than what we were previously using. First off, this piece is absolutely gorgeous in person. The picture does not do the color justice. That's what initially stood out to me. We did not set this up ourselves because we were afraid we would mess it up with all of the fancy buttons, we wanted to be sure it was set up correctly. Installation didn't take long but learning to use all of it's features has been a little challenging for me. I basically use the same functions over and over because there are so many options that I am unfamiliar with. I call this our smart dryer because it can do so much. It can hold a large load of clothing and immediately gets to work with very little noise. I can't even tell when it's on unless the lights are on and I see the timer going. It truly is amazing. Once I figure out all of the settings, I'm sure I will appreciate it even more. I've never had to to add more time to any of our loads because they are always completely dry. I receive compliments on this dryer from everyone who comes over and sees it. I would absolutely recommend this dryer.

LOVE the STEAM Cycle!

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

I just have to say, I LOVE my LG XL Capacity STEAM Dryer! This thing has so many functions, and holds a ton of stuff!

First of all, I love the color. It totally stands out in my laundryroom. Everytime I walk by it, I admire it!

Secondly, it has every function you could ever imagine. My favorite function of course is the STEAM cycle. That is the best. It totally removes all of the wrinkles out of my clothes. I have basically quit ironing. The STEAM cycle also removes all odors in things, especially if I have worn something once and just want to quickly refresh it.

My third favorite feature is how big the dryer is. It can hold a TON of stuff. At least 10+ towels at one time. A queen or even a king comforter. I have never had a dryer that could actually hold a comforter this big, and dry it throughly!

The cycles are very fast, and efficient as well. I think a lot of it has to do with the washer (which I will review later). The washer spins so fast, that practically all of the water is gone from the clothing. This helps the dryer work harder and faster. I can dry a pile of 10+ towel in approx. 20 minutes.

If you are considering purchasing a new dryer, check out the LG XL Capacity Steam Dryer. It does cost a little bit more than your average dryer, but in no time, you will have paid for it ten-fold. Make sure you get the unit with the Steam function. You won't believe how wonderful it is!

NICE Dryer.

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

After three months, I can tell you this is the greatest machine! I switched from an loud, slow, Whirlpool that failed after just one year. This new machine is so quiet (just the faint sound of clothes slopping around. I have had absolutely NO problems with the operation of the machine. I do laundry at least twice a week including sheets, towels and dog things. You can fit a lot of clothes in these! There are many settings and options, which is very convenient.
Use the steam wash, this machine does that really well. I'm not even TRYING to get rid of those, and they are almost gone.
If you forget a load in the dryer, there is a "refresh" cycle that fluffs everything up again. And there is about half as much lint in the screen as before. I bought the set mainly because it is the biggest front-loader, fits a king comforter, can wash the allergies out of dog beds and blankets, and is very quiet. I do not have the pedestals, I just pull up a chair to the machines, which makes the transfer easy. I did that because I like folding on top of the machines. It took me almost a year to work up the nerve (and cash/credit) to buy them because of the price but I am so glad I did. Good luck!

What a lovely machine

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

This clothes dryer is an amazing thing, it has the shelf to dry things that don't need to be tumbled, it steams things that you want refreshed like down pillows and comforters. Oh and wet tennis shoes can be dried on the shelf without going thump thump for an hour. I do about 6 loads of laundry a day for our large family and would not be able to get through it all without this machine.

Load Capacity
pack it full, I do, the idea of running a half load has never been an option for me and this machine can hold the comforter, and sheets from a twin bed and the pjs off the kid that slept in the bed, this makes the machine an MPV in our family structure

Clean and runs hard for us, could not imagine getting a better machine without going industrial

the machine works great in the traditional since and the extras are easy to work out

We have had this machine since 2008 and have run it hard and regularly with no signs of it slowing down

I love the look of this machine and its friend the matching washer, I have them stacked in my small washing area and they are lovely to see from my kitchen, i never would have imagined that i would enjoy looking at a washer dryer set, but there we have it, oh and since it runs most of the day it is so nice to have it sing to me instead of buzzing

• Load Capacity:

Stylish and Excellent Working Dryer!

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

This is an excellent dryer that works great and looks good. I purchased the dryer with pedestal along with the matching washer. It has an extra large drying capacity and dries all of the items in a timely manner. I no longer have to go to the laundry mat when I need to dry a sleeping bag or comforter. It all fits in my dryer. This dryer will save you time and money.

Load Capacity
You can literally cut your loads in half with the extra large drying capacity without worrying that your items won't be dry or need to run an extra cycle. No worries that your clothes will be all bunched up and wrinkled when you overstuff it. It is really amazing.

This dryer offers numerous settings to match the type of item you are drying. I'm a single father and not much of an expert on doing laundry, so I stick with the basics, but I may work my way up and use the additional settings. I do use the dry cleaning option with dryel for my dress clothes.

Simple easy to use push button settings. Simply look at the panel, select the option needed and shut the door. The dryer handles the rest. I don't think it gets much easier than that.

I have had no working issues whatsoever with my dryer. It does have an electrical component for the settings which could become an issue versus the old fashioned knob dryers, but it appears to be a quality, durable product.

This dryer is stylish and looks great. It wouldn't look as great and would be a pain if I did not purchase the separate pedestal. I don't know why the pedestal is sold separately, but is a must have. The style and design makes it easy to load and load. The available colors are great. I elected to go with the candy apple red color and my laundry room now looks great.

Best Dryer I've Ever Had

from Crofton, MD

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

Have you ever had one of those situations where you're in a hurry and your clothes just can't seem to get dry fast enough? I've been there so many times that my slacker personality went looking for a solution instead of changing my habits. I tell my wife that this dryer is the "swiss army knife" of drying - so many functions and settings however, make sure that you clothes work with this dryer. I don't care about my clothes to the same extent some people do.

Load Capacity
I am a slacker and hate "laundry day"s that stretch out for a week. I've never had a dryer that I could fit so much stuff in.

I love this steam drying system they have going on. I'm not sure exactly the mechanics of how it works, but it is awesome. It's something you won't find in your basic GE dryer from Sears.

Very easy to use. Not complicated at all and has a nice display.

This machine was built to last. Even though I've only had it for a few months, it feels solid.

great product

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

Overall an outstanding product. Solidly built and does a great job. Have yet to find a downside. Have found the delivery and installation people a good source for knowing whether or not a companies products, or a specific product has experienced any problems. When I asked about this they gave the product and the company a thumbs up. When I make a significant purchase, such as a dryer, first I do my homework (e.g. consumer reports, e-pinion) and then I go to the store(s) to put "hands on". When I performed the "hands on" with this LG dryer I was impressed. Everything felt solid and tight and the display model did not show signs of wear or tear from abuse from the hundreds or thousands of shoppers that handle them. Not to mention the abuse from the always large number of kids that come along on the shopping sprees, This product has been great, We use this about 3-4 days a week an I have never had a problem

• Load Capacity:

awesome machine love the vibrant red color

Comments about LG 7.3 cu. ft. Steam Gas Dryer:

My husband bought me this 4 years ago for christmas one i fell in love with the color apple red. it also leaves the clothes real clean at the same time saves you a huge water bill . it also has many options to wash your clothes or you can customize your wash. really cool machine and i havent had no problems with it. i highly recommend this product even for big families i am a family of 7 so works for me i give this robot machine a 10 :)